My Tattooed Angel

Halo

The last day before we go back on tour. Brian's out with Zacky, who knows what they're doing. I walk over to the calendar to put another X on one of the squares. Wow, is it really March 27? I haven't been paying too much attention to the fact that I haven't had my period in two months. Could I be pregnant? Brian would be so happy if I was, he's always wanted to start a family. I better head to the store, to get a test. I must know for sure before Brian comes home. I doubt we have one laying around, but better to look. I walk into the bathroom and open the closet. Strangely enough we have one...was Brian planning for this? I take the test out...in the next few minutes my life could change.

Fifteen Minutes Later

I stare at the test, I'm waiting for the results. Suddenly a pink plus comes up on the screen...what does that mean? I look at the instructions, a pick plus means...I'm pregnant. I smile and run into the hall way.

"Joey I'm pregnant." I say.

"Eat it?" Joey asks.

"Not exactly." I say.

I would call Brian now, but I want to see his expression. I him home so badly. All day I wait for the sound of Brian's motorcycle...but it never comes. I'm starting to get worried, it's dark out. Who am I kidding, he's probably fine. It's now 11:00PM...where is he. I gonna call Zacky, Brian's probably with him.

"Hello?" Zacky asks.

"Hey, is Brian with you?" I ask.

"He left my house two hours ago, why?" Zacky asks.

"What do you think? He's not here, and I'm worried." I say.

"I'm sure he's fine." Zacky says.

"I hope so...wait a minute I have another call." I say.

"It's alright, I have to go anyways." Zacky says.

Zacky hangs up and I'm directed to the other call. I hope and pray that it's Brian.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Sorry to call this late, but your husband Brian Haner has been charged with DWI. He's now at our facility's..." A womans voice says on the other end.

I should have recognized the number. It's Orange County's jail. Without thinking I hand up the phone. I have to get down there. I don't care how much Bail is, I'll pay it. In an hour I arrive at the prison.

"Hi...I'm here for Brian Haner. How much do I have to pay to get him out of here." I say.

"I'm sorry, but he doesn't have bail. He's here for five months for DWI." The women says.

"Five months?" I ask.
"Can I at least talk to him?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, visiting day was yesterday." She says.

"Please, what I need to say can't wait." I say.

"Well...alright, come this way." She says.

"Thank you." I say.

The women leads me down the row's of cells. I wasn't expecting to talk to him this way. The women leads me to a row.

"Go two cells down...you have fifteen minutes." She says.I walk down the isle. Brian's sitting on a bench next to the bars.

"I thought you promised me you would never end up in a place like this." I say.

"Katie...I screwed up." Brian says putting his head in his hands.

"It's Ok, we all make mistakes." I say kneeling down.

"I guess." Brian says.

"Well, if it makes you feel better...your gonna be a dad." I say.

"Really?" Brian looks up at me smiling.

"Yeah." I say.

"Wow...and I'm going to miss more then half the pregnancy." Brian says.

"Don't be so hard on yourself." I say.

"You have a minute." The women that lead me though the prison says.

"I have to go." I say.
"I love you." I say kissing my two fingers and touching them to Brian's lips.

"I love you too." Brian says looking at me with sad eyes.

I return to the bus stop. I don't were I'm going to go...maybe the stable. I take the bus again. It's really creepy to walk up the driveway in the dark. I walk though the opening of the barn and walk to Chances stall.

"Chance." I whisper.

Chance opens his eyes and walks to the bar. He looks confused. I slip under the bar and sit down in the corner. Chance lays down and puts his head on my lap. It finally hits me, I'm pregnant and Brian's in Jail. I start to cry. Chance looks up at me, almost to ask what's wrong.

"I'm pregnant boy, but that's not what I'm crying about. Brian's gonna be away for a long time, and I probably wont even get to see him." I say.

Talking about it just makes me cry more, I just can't help myself. Chance keeps me company , but nothings going to help. I cry myself to sleep with Chance's head in my lap.