My Tattooed Angel

There for you

Today's visitor's day at the jail. I get to see Brian in person today! The worst part is, that this is the only one I can come to. The rest of times I'm half way across the country. Last night I made a little care package which consists of a clean shirt, notebook, package of pencils, a blanket from our bed, and a lock of Chance's mane tied in a bright blue bow. Unfortunately I can't watch him open it. The box has to go though security first. An officer leads me to a room cut down the middle with glass screens. I awkwardly sit on my side of the glass. Brian's right, it is creepy here. I hear foot steps from the other side...sure enough, it's Brian. As he walks in, he looks down with a straight face. I give a big smile, I'm so happy to see him. When he looks up, he smiles back at me. That's the Brian I know. Brian sits across from me. My smile fades away when I notice that he's hurt.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I got into a fight." Brian says.

"Oh my god." I say putting my hand over my mouth.

"I'm fine." Brian says.

"It looks infected." I say.

"Don't worry about me. Worry about yourself and the baby." Brian says.

"No matter what you say, I'm still gonna worry." I say.

"Yeah, I know." Brian says.

"Did you get my reply?" I ask.

"Yeah. Thanks for the picture." Brian says.

"Thought you'd like it." I say.

"How's our baby?" Brian asks.

"Growing by the day." I say standing up so Brian can see my enlarged stomach.

"I wish I could be there for you." Brian says.

"The guys have been trying, but they can't replace you." I say.

"Only fourteen weeks left." Brian says.

"I count down the days." I say.

I look over at the clock, I promised Matt I would be home before 2:00PM. That's when were leaving. It's now 1:45PM.

"You have to go don't you." Brian says.

"Yeah." I say.
"I'll write and send pictures, I promise." I say.

"Good. I love to hear from you." Brian says.

"I left a little care package with security. They better give it to you, it wasn't easy to get Chance to cooperate." I say.

"What'd you do, stuff him in a box?" Brian asks.

"You'll see." I say.
"I love you Brian, don't you ever forget that." I say standing up.

"I love you too. Say hi to the guys for me, OK." Brian says.

"Consider it done." I say.

"Bye." Brian says.

"Bye." I say as I walk to the door.

I get to the bus just in time. The guys were just about to leave. I hop on to the bus and sit in between Zacky and Jimmy and couch.

"How's Brian holding up?" Jimmy asks.

"Alright I guess. He misses you guys...he says Hi by the way." I say.

"How couldn't he miss us?" Zacky asks laying down and putting his head in my lap.

"I don't know." I say looking down at him.

"I've been in Jail a couple times, it's not fun." Jimmy says.

"We know...I had to bail you out." Val says.

"And I love you because of it." Jimmy says.

"Yeah..." Val says rolling her eyes.

"Hey guys." Mike says coming in from the bunk area and sitting next to Val.

Matt moves from sitting next to Jimmy to sitting on the other side of Val. Mike gives him a weird glance.

"What, you don't trust me?" Mike asks.

"Exactly." Matt says.

Matt turned on Mike when he left a bear bottle in Emma's crib. Matt was so pissed that we actually had to restrain him. I told him he shouldn't have got a replacement that quickly. Only fourteen weeks left. Then Brian gets to come home, and Mike leaves.