My Tattooed Angel

Letters from Brian Part 2

Two and half months, that's how many day's are left until I'm back in Brian's tattooed, muscular arms. He hasn't written in a while, I'm starting to worry. Jimmy comes in the bus from being in town. I eagerly peek around the corner. Jimmy smiles and hands me an envelope. I sit back on the bed and open it.

Katie,
Sorry I haven't written in a while. Thanks for the little care package. You have no idea how pleasurable it is to have a clean shirt and a warm blanket (Can you tell I haven't kissed you in a while). A piece of Chance's mane, that's just perfect. I've grown as fond of him as you do. I miss him, but I miss you more. Last night my roommate committed suicide, he hung himself. They say I'm getting a new one...I hope he's not as creepy. You know the song "There for you" by flyleaf, that song's been repeating in my head. Probably because it matches the way I feel right now. 10 months until I get to come home...I really can't wait. I love, and miss you very much.
-Brian.


Good, the package got to him. I'm glad I chose the right things to put inside. I reach for my notebook, but it's not there. Oh my god...where is it...fuck...I must find it. I climb down from my buck and look around. I find a sheet of paper from my notebook on Mike's stuff. I walk into the lounge.

"Where is it?" I ask.

"Where's what?" Mike asks.

"My note book." I say.

"Chill out, I just took a piece of paper from it." Mike says.

"Just tell me where it is." I say.

"I don't know." Mike says.

"You find it right now." I say.

"Why your not gonna die without it." Mike says.

"Brian's letters were tucked in the front pocket. Find it, or die." I say.

"I'll find it when I'm good and ready." Mike says.

"NOW." I say.

"Fine." Mike says standing up.

I let out an aggravated sigh and sit down. I can't wait for Mike to leave, what an ass hole. He returns with my notebook and throws it at me. Thank god that the letters are still intact.

"Thank you." I say curling up and taking the pencil out of the spiral.

Brian,
I'm glad you liked what I packed. Too bad I couldn't fit in there. There for you eh, that's a good song. I wanna be there for you too. Not to start stating my problems, but Mike is an ass. The whole time, he's been nothing but cruel. Matt shares my opinion on him now, even though he WAS the one to hire him. Mike left a beer bottle in Emma's crib...you can imagine how pissed Matt was. Anyways, stay safe. I love you, forever.
-Katie.


I draw a bunch of little hearts on the corners. I rip it out of my notebook and put it in an envelope followed by the picture of Johnny and I at the mall. That picture always makes me smile, maybe it'll do the same for Brian. I ask Matt to drop it off for me, he was heading out to re-stock on diapers.