My Tattooed Angel

Safe and Sound

It's officially a month left until Brian comes home. I'm so excited that I'm counting down the hours, 672 to be exact. It's almost sad that I know that. Everyone's home, but I feel more alone then ever. On AIM I notice that Erin's online.

Fender_Chick:Hey Bud.
Ducky10:Oh Hey, haven't talked to you in a while.
Fender_Chick:I know
Ducky10:So how's Katie Jr?
Fender_Chick:It could be a Brian Jr...Jr. But he/she's good.
Ducky10:How long until Brian comes home?
Fender_Chick:One month
Ducky10:I'm sure your anxious
Fender_Chick:Yeah...I miss him so much.
Ducky10:Wouldn't blame you, Brian's awesome.
Fender_Chick:Agreed :-)

"Hey Katie, there's someone here to see you." Matt yells.

Fender_Chick:I g2g
Ducky10:Alright, bye.
Fender_Chick signed off at 1:30pm

"Coming." I yell.

I slide off the bed and make my way to the lounge. I wonder who it could be, I'm not expecting anyone. Who'd wanna see me anyways. I'm just a pregnant chick that misses her husband.I stand in the middle of the hall way. Brian's leaning agented the counter. I rub my eyes, boy I must miss him. He's still there...

"Hey." Brian says.

"Brian!" I say running into his arms.

"Katie." Brian says wrapping his arms around me.

"Wait...how?" I ask looking up at him.

"They let me out a month early on account of good behavior." Brian says.

"I thought you got into a fright?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I didn't fight back." Brian says.

"Oh Brian." I say holding him closer.

Brian quickly brings his lips to mine. At first I'm startled...but then get into it. We haven't kissed in four months.

"Get a room." Mike says.

I take my lips away from Brian's and look back at him. A growl a bit, Brian laughs. I just realized something...Mike gets to leave now...YES.

"Get a life." I say.

"Someone's a crabby bitch." Mike says.

Brian's face gets serious...Mike's gonna get it. I step aside as Brian walks over to Mike. Matt and I exchange glances.

"Talk to her like that again, and I will rip your nuts out." Brian says getting a hold of Mike's shirt.

I can't help but smile. Mike's had it coming. Mike actually looks scared, good job Brian. Mike runs back into the bunk area.

"Thanks." I say wrapping my arms around his torso.

"I'm not gonna let some scum bag like that talk to you in that way." Brian says kissing my cheek.

Five minutes later, Mike moves out...thank god. I don't think I could take him anymore. Brian grabs the box I sent him from the counter and follows me to our bunk. I sit down on the bunk and Brian plops down next to me.

"These have been my past possessions for the last four months." Brain says.

"Wait, what's this?" I ask picking out a drawing of a guitar on lined paper.

"That was from my new roommate. He was an eighteen year old boy, he was my only friend." Brian says.

Everything I sent Brian is in the box. It take the picture out and put them back on the wall where they were before I sent them. Brian kept the letters, I wouldn't expect anything less. Brain looks down at my stomach and smiles.

"It's our baby." I say putting my hand on my stomach.

"I know. Do you have an ultrasound or something when I was gone?" Brian asks.

"No way. I hate doctors." I say.

"Where you EVER planning on going?" Brian asks.

"Ha, no." I say.

"Your going to." Brian says.

"Not happening." I say.

"You care about the baby, don't you?" Brian asks.

"Yeah..." I say.

"Your going." Brian says.

"Whatever." I say.

"Boy I missed you." Brian says.

"How do you think I felt. Instead of the lovable, adorable you. I was stuck with dick head Mike." I say.

"I'm adorable?" Brian asks.

"You know you are, don't deny it." I say.

"Yeah, guess I am." Brian says.

I roll my eyes and hug Brian. You have no Idea how good it feels to hug him. It's nice to feel his skin agented mine, the little tuff of hair on the bottom of his chin that tickles my cheek every time I kiss him, his warm breath agented my neck...oh give my a break...he just came back.

"I love you Brian." I say holding him closer.

"Not as much as I love you." Brian says bringing his finger to my nose.

That night when Brian sneaks under the covers, he lightly puts his arm around me, trying not to wake me up. I was already awake. I take his hand and lead it to my stomach with my hand on the bottom of his.

"Night." I say turning my head.

"Good night." Brian says kissing me.