My Tattooed Angel

Picture Perfect

I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop. Brian walks by me and takes my hand. I place my lap top aside and stand up. Brian leads me by the hand to the van. I go into the passenger seat, not knowing what to expect. After about fifteen minutes we pull up to a...hospital??

"Brain..." I say a bit annoyed.

"Don't you wanna see how the baby's doing?" Brian asks.

"Well yeah, but..." I say.

"Then it's settled." Brian says parking.

"Fine." I say crossing my arms.

Brian smiles and gets out of the car. I follow him into the hospital...I hate doctors. Brian made an appointment, they take me in ASAP. I lay down on the bed and look up at Brian. I do not wanna be here. A nurse comes in and tells me to lift up my shirt. She puts his gel on my stomach, it isn't painful or anything. I just don't like it. I look over at Brian again.

"I don't see why we HAVE to do this. Why can't we just wait until...a wile from now? I mean, it just ruin's the surprise and..." I rant.

"Katie." Brian says putting his hand on my shoulder.

"WHAT?" I ask.

"Look." Brian says pointing at the screen.

"Is that our baby?" I ask in a calmer tone then before.

"Yes, your perfectly healthy baby." The nurse says.

I look up at Brian and smile. He reaches for my hand.

"I'll let you two have some time." The nurse says heading to the door.

"Wow." I say.

"Wow's right." Brian says.

"Look, I see a foot." I say pointing at the monitor.

"Think, in a couple mouths...we're going to be parents." Brian says.

"I know, I couldn't be more excited." I say.

After the hospital, Brian and I head back to the bus. I'm glad that our baby's OK, I would be just devastated if something went really wrong.

"See, that wasn't that bad." Brian says.

"Fine, it wasn't." I say.

Brian smiles and laughs. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have this any other way. Brian, the man I love dearly with my entire heart, is going to be the father of my child. Nix that, OUR child.