My Tattooed Angel

Ryan Started the Fire

It's 1:25, and I still can't sleep. This is horrible, I'm pregnant, I'm suppose to get sleep. I roll over one more time.

"You alright? You've been tossing and turning for an hour and thirty seven minutes." Brian says.

"You've been keeping track?" I ask.

"No. I've been keeping track how long I've been awake." Brian says.

"Sorry. I guess I'm having anxiety." I say.

"No, I think it's just a crazy pregnant lady thing." Brian says.

"Haha, I'm going to the couch." I say.

"Alright, good night." Brian says.

"Night." I say grabbing my pillow.

I walk out to the couch and place my pillow on the end of the couch. I lay down and pull a blanket on my body. I close my eyes and fall asleep. I wake up to the phone ringing. Great, I finally fall asleep and then the phone rings. Just my luck. After the first couple rings, it stops. Brian must have got it. Considering that it probably won't be for me, I close my eyes.

"Katie!" Brian yells leaning over the back of the couch.

"Oh god." I say startled.

"There's been a fire at the barn, let's go." Brian says.

"Fire...Barn...CHANCE." I say sitting up.

I walk out of the house with my plaid shorts and pink tank top. Brian put his gray sweatpants over his boxers, and we drive off. Brian drives as fast as he can without causing an accident. Better yet, without getting pulled over. Brian already has a police record. We get to the barn in half the time it usually takes. Brian skids to a stop and we get out of the car. Half the barn is on fire. I find Lisa, she has a hold of two of her horses. He husband, Jack, has a hold of three.

"Here, let me help." I say taking Camden's lead ropes from Jack.

"Thanks" Jack says.

"Lisa, who has Chance?" I ask.

"I'm sorry Katie, we couldn't get him out. He's trapped." Lisa says.

"So you leave him to die?" I ask.

"We couldn't get to him." Lisa says.

I hear a horse short a painful whinnie. That must be Chance. I can't let him die like this, he's too good of a horse to die like this.

"Brian here, I'm going in for him." I say handing him Camden.

"Katie no, your due in less then two months." Brian says grabbing a hold of my shoulder.

"This isn't an option, I have to go." I say taking his hand off my shoulder.

"Let me go instead." Brian says.

"OK. Be careful." I say.

Brian runs into the barn and ducks under the board blocking the entrance. I put my hand on Camden's neck. I hear Chance, he's scared. I hope Brian knows how to handle him. Better yet, I hope they both make it out alive. I don't think I could raise a child on my own. I have to stop thinking like this, Brian will be fine...I hope. It's been fifteen minutes, where's Brian. This is taking too long. I hear coughing followed by Brian and Chance's figure. Brian kicks down the board and leads Chance into the clearing. I smile and make my way to them.

"Thank god your OK." I say hugging Brian.

"Ow..." Brian says tensing up.

"You OK?" I ask.
"Oh god, your hurt." I say.

"I'm fine." Brian says.

Chance snorts and I walk around him making sure he's OK. A couple small burns on his legs, somehow Brian got it worse.

"Should I can 911?" Lisa asks.

"I'm fine." Brian says.

"If your sure." Lisa says.
"Come on, let's bring these guys into the pasture." Lisa says.

It's to painful for Brian to drive, so I do. Maybe he should have taken the 911 offer. He has a nasty burns on his upper arm, shoulder, and upper back. When we get home I lead to the couch.

"Here. I'll be back." I say heading to the bathroom.

I grab a washcloth and some other stuff from the closet. I walk to the kitchen and dampen the washcloth.

"If you could take your shirt off, that would help me." I say.

Brian does as he's told. The burns are worse then I thought. I walk over and keel on the couch next to Brian.

"This may sting a bit." I say applying wash cloth to this arm.

"Fuck." Brian says squinting from pain.

"What you did was brave, I'm proud of you." I say.

"I didn't do it to be brave. I did it because I love you and didn't want you to have the sane fate." Brian says.

"Well both Chance and I are very thankful." I say.
"This will sting like hell, but I'm pretty sure the big and strong Brian Haner can take it." I say grabbing an anti-bacterial ointment and applying it to his arm.

"Ow...that's worse then hell. That's worse then Zacky's laundry after a week." Brian says.

"Ha...that's pretty bad." I say.
"Time to wrap." I say cutting a gauze bandage.
"Only two more to tend too." I say grabbing the wash cloth.

"Great." Brian says rolling his eyes.

"And I'll have to do this every day until it heals." I say.

"You know, I'm not even gonna ask how long that will take." Brian says.

"Good." I laugh.
"I love you." I say kissing his cheek.

"I love you too, and thanks for taking care of me." Brian says.

"It's the least I could do, you saved my baby...the non human one." I say.
"Now is there anything else I could do for you?" I ask.

"Well..." Brian says.

"Oh Brian I don't know..." I say.

"It's OK...just a cuddle will do." Brian says.

"Thanks for understanding" I say cuddling up to Brian.

"Your pregnant, you should be able to do what you want." Brian says.
"But you have to make me a promise." Brian says.

"What?" I ask.

"When you can fit into that little outfit that I love, your all mine." Brian says.

"You got it." I say.
♠ ♠ ♠
The title was for you Michelle :-)