My Tattooed Angel

SuperSyn?

I made sure to wake up extra early today. I don't have to supervise Erin, but I want to see Chance before we go back on tour in a week or so. The half of the barn that was damaged in the fire is being rebuilt, so for now Chance lives in the other side of the barn for now. Luckily none of my stuff was damaged. Obviously I can't ride, but at least I know I don't have to get Chance refitted for a new saddle. I put some coffee in a travel mug and almost walk out the door before Brian comes into the room.

"Where are you off too at 10:00AM?" Brian asks.

"Visiting Chance." I say.

"Hey, can I come?" Brian asks.

"Sure." I say taking a sip from my mug.

Five minutes later Brain emerges from our room fully dressed and ready to go. A record time. I smile and open the door. Brian still can't drive, so i do. When we arrive at the barn, I immediately go to Chances stall. He looked sort of lonely. Brian comes up from behind me. Chance reaches his neck out and licks Brian's arm.

"See, I told you he's thankful." I say.

"Yeah." Brian says looking at him wet arm.

"Poor thing, he hasn't been ridden in months. If I wasn't less then a month away from my due date I would ride him." I say.
"I wish I had someone who could...hey Brian." I say.

"What..." Brian says.

"Wanna ride Chance?" I ask.

"Katie, I've never rode a horse in my life." Brian says.

"You gotta start somewhere." I say undoing the rubber bar.

"Katie..." Brian says.

"I'll help you. It's not that hard." I say.

"Alright." Brian says.

"Yay." I say leading Chance out to the cross ties.

I have Brian do everything except put the bit in. One, because I can't do half the things and Two, it'll strengthen their bond with each other. I lead Chance into the arena and hold him as Brian gets on.

"See, was that so bad?" I ask handing him the reins.

"No...but what do I do?" Brian asks.

"Give him a little squeeze to make him go, and sit back in your seat and lightly pull on the reins to stop. Left rein to go left and right rein to go right." I say.
"Now make him follow me." I say getting in front of Chance.

I look back as Brian and Chance follow me. Brian has a priceless expression on his face. He's not to bad at this, or maybe Chance is just being good.

"Good, now stick your outside leg behind the girth." Is say.

"What will that do?" Brian asks.

"You'll see, I think you'll like it." I say.

Brian does what he's told, and Chance starts to canter. He has a nice canter, I think Brian will like it better then a trot.

"Wow, this is actually fun." Brian says circling around me.

"See, I told you you'd like it." I say.

Brian finishes with Chance and brings him back into the barn. When we walk past the ruined section of the barn I stop.

"How did you save Chance anyways?" I ask.

"As you know, this while half was on fire. There were three boards that were on fire that were blocking the entrance to Chance's stall. I rammed then down with my shoulder, that's how I got the burns. And then lead Chance out by the halter." Brian says.

"Were you scared?" I ask.

"A bit. One, that I wouldn't make it out alive and two, Chance was going to go all crazy on me." Brian says.

"I bet he was petrified." I say.

"Yeah, but Synyster Gates came to the rescue." Brian says.

"The next superman right?" I ask.

"Nah, SuperSyn." Brian says.

"Whatever you say." I say.

"Yeah, that's right." Brian laughs.