My Tattooed Angel

Home

After I finish my lunch, I throw the carton at the garbage. I luckily make it. Brain attempts to do the same, may I emphasize the word attempts. I laugh and stand up.

"Alright here's the plan. You get dressed, I packed clothes over there, and I'll head downstairs to get Miniature Gates." Brain says.

"Zacky told you the list of names?" I ask.

"Yeah, that one was my favorite." Brian says.

"Ok...don't drop him. I'll meet you in the lobby." I say stretching.

I walk over to the bag Brain packed. A pair of jeans and my favorite Pink Floyd shirt. It even had the rips on the shoulders from when I saved Chance. I put everything on. All of my old clothes fit me still. Yay. I grab all my stuff and head down stairs. I think I looked more like a mom in a hospital gown and horsey slippers then jeans, a band T-shirt, and converse. I sit down on a bench and wait for Brian. A couple minutes later, he walks down the hallway with a baby wrapped in a blue blanket.

"Sorry it took so long, they didn't think that I was the dad." Brian says.

"Come here Nathan." I say taking his from Brian's arms.

I loosen the blanket around his head so I could see his face better.

"Brian..." I say.

"Yeah?" Brian asks.

"This isn't our baby." I say pointing out that the baby that I'm holding is Indian.

"Oh...oops." Brian says.

"Come on." I say.

I walk Brian down the hallways of the hospital until we reach the nursery. I walk up to a nurse.

"Hi...my husband took the wrong baby." I say.

"I thought something was wrong." She says.
"Now what's YOUR baby's name?" She asks.

"Nathan Haner." I say.

"Aw...he's the cutie." She says walking in to the baby boy section.

"Well duh, look at his father." I say pointing out Brian who's awkwardly standing in the door way.

"Here's you baby." She says exchanging baby's with me.

I walk back to Brian. Now that I think about it, Brian choosing the wrong baby is sort of funny. It's just another Brian thing that I can't live without. Brian puts Nathan in the car seat in the back seats of the truck.

"Now your sure you have him in?" I ask.

"Trust me." Brian says.

"OK." I say.

Sure enough, Brian did have the car seat right. We make it safely home. Good thing, I would have killed Brian if the truck had to go in the shop again. Though last time shouldn't count, he swerved because there was a horse galloping full speed at him. Oh well, it was a living hell taking the bus everywhere. Brian caries Nathan in.

"Welcome home little guy." Brian says.

Nathan just looks up at Brian. I smile and put my stuff down. I walk over to the couch and plop myself down.

"It feels good to be home." I say.

"Duh, you've been in a hospital for the last day." Brian says sitting down next to me.

Nathan yawns and rests his head agented Brian's chest. All I can do is smile, that was so cute. I reach over to the coffee table and grab the video camera.

"Here's Brian and the new baby. He's a boy and his name is Nathan." I say.

"Or Miniature Gates." Brian says.

"Or that." I say.

"I can't believe I picked up the wrong baby." Brian says.

"Yeah, I let Brian pick up Nathan. He comes back with an Indian child...though he was pretty cute too." I say.

"I love you." Brian says kissing Nathan's forehead.

"Awww." I say.

"The guys aren't going to see this, are they?" Brian asks.

"So what, your four best friends that you've known since high school see that you love your son." I say.

"Good point." Brian says cuddling Nathan.

"Ok, were switching now." I say extending the camera to Brian.

"Ok." Brian says handing me Nathan.

"Hey sweetie." I say nuzzling him with my face.

"You never called me that." Brian says.

"Ok...sweetie...no...Brian." I say

"Works for me." Brian laughs.

"Ok nap time." I say standing up.

"I think he's way ahead of you." Brian says.

"Maybe so." I say placing Nathan in his crib.

I walk back to the couch and plop myself next to Brian He puts my arm around me and I snuggle close to him. Something I couldn't do for a while. There are so many things that I can do again, the one I'm most concerned about is riding Chance. Maybe in a couple months when the stitches heal. Same with the promise I made to Brian.