My Tattooed Angel

Open your Eyes

I'm sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's office. My hand rest's on his knee as he fills out a form.

"Zachary Baker?" A woman in scrubs says.

"No matter what happens in there, I'm here for you, OK." I say.

"Alright, thanks." Zacky says.

He follows nurse down the hallway. He looks so scared, almost the same look from when Jay put a gun to his head. I'm so scared for him. After fifteen minutes of waiting, my phone goes off.

"Where are you?" Brian asks.

"Doctor's office." I say.

"Oh my god, you OK?" Brian asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just here with Zacky." I say.

"Oh, about..." Brian starts.

"Yeah, he's getting tested." I say.

"Hope he's alright." Brian says.

"Me too." I say.

"Gotta go, bye. Send Zacky my luck." Brian says.

"Ok, I will. Bye." I say.

I put my phone back in my pocket. I look over and grab a magazine. The suspense is killing me, so is the boredom. So much that I fall asleep.

"Katie..." Zacky says.

"Hum?" I ask picking up my head.

"I got the results." Zacky says holding an envelope.

"Do you know?" I ask.

"No...I wanted you to be there as I open it." Zacky says.

"Well." I say.

"Ok." Zack says undoing the tab on the top of the envelope.

"So?" I ask.

No answer. He just keeps staring at the paper.

"Zacky?" I ask.

"I...I'm...I have..." Zacky starts.

"What?" I ask.

"...Herpes..." Zacky says.

"Oh Zacky." I say standing up and hugging him.
"Come on, let's go." I say.

Zacky nods and follows me out the door. I sit in the front seat of the van and he sits on the passenger side.

"How am I going to tell Gena this. First I cheat on her, and then I get Herpes." Zacky says.

"Depends how much she really loves you. If Syn had Herpes, I'd still love him as much as I do now." I say.

"It's different. Your married and have a beautiful son. Me on the other hand, I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life." Zacky says.

"Don't say that." I say.

"I was going to propose to her in a couple months, guess that's not happening." Zacky says.

"Live in the moment. Who knows what she'll say." I say.

"I'm gonna call her and tell her to come down to the bus. I have to tell her, I can't stand the guilt anymore." Zacky says.

"Ok. I'll drive home." I say.

"Hey. Gena it's me. Come down to the bus...I...have something to say." Zacky says.
"Ok...love you too. Bye." Zacky says.

Zacky loves Gena so much. He'd be so hurt if said goodbye to him. I bet Zacky wishes that he didn't do anything with that girl.

"We're home." I say walking though the door with Zacky behind me.

"Hey." Brian says.

Zacky sits on the couch and puts his head in his hands. Brian looks at him and then at me. I sit down next to him and throw my arms around him.

"Hey Zacky?" Gena asks stepping though the door.

"Go on." Whisper patting his back.

He let's out a gulp and stands up. He stands across from Gena and looks down. I walk over to Brian and snuggle up against him.

"Zacky, what's wrong?" Gena asks tilting his chin upwards with her finger.

"I have something to say." Zacky says.

"Ok..." Gena says.

"A couple weeks ago, I got really drunk and...I...I...I cheated on you." Zacky says as his eyes start to tear.

No answer from Gena. She just has a blank stare on her face.

"I didn't mean too...I was drunk. I know that's not a good excuse. I would never, it just happened. I'm sorry Gena." Zacky says as the tears fall down his cheeks.
"I'm also sorry that I dragged you all the way down here just to learn that your boyfriend of three years has cheated on you." He says turning around and heading for the bunk area.

"Zacky, wait." Gena says putting her hand on his shoulder.

"What?" Zacky asks wiping away a tear.

"What you did was wrong, but it was a mistake, and I forgive you." Gena says.

"You say that now." Zacky says.

"What do you mean?" Gena asks.

"Because of my actions...I contracted Herpes." Zacky says.

"Oh my god." Gena says.

"It's OK if you wanna leave me. I understand." Zacky says.

"Why would I want to do that?" Gena asks.

"Because I'd give it to you, and I love you too much to do that." Zacky says.

"I'm not leaving you. We'll over come it." Gena says.

"Hey, didn't they give you a prescription for it?" I ask.

"Yeah...It'll help with the symptoms and the chance that I'll give it too Gena." Zacky says.

"See, we're gonna make it though this." Gena says hugging Zacky.

"Thanks Gena. I love you so much." Zacky says.

"As do I Zacky." Gena says.

I look up at Brian. He puts his arm around my waist and gives me a squeeze. I put my head against his chest and wrap my arms around his torso. I'm so glad that Gena and Zacky worked things out. It sort of sucks that Zacky got an STD, but we'll all make it though.