My Tattooed Angel

What if

I know I shouldn't go too fast in the dark, but I have to get to Brian and Willie before something else does. I push Chance into a canter.

"Brian!" I yell.
"Send a signal, let me know your OK!" I yell.
"Brian!" I yell.

Still no answer. There are so many things going though my head, mostly ending with Brian not being OK.

"Brian where are you." I say to myself.
"Brian, Brian!" I yell.

Still no answer. Somethings wrong, he would have answered by now. What if he's hurt...what if he gets attacked by an animal...what if he got trampled by Willie..what if...he's dead. I wipe a tear from my eye and ride on.

"Brian. Where are up. Answer me please!" I yell as tears stream down my face.
"Brian!" I scream.

Chance looks back at me. He's tiered, so am I...but I can't give up. I have to find Brian. On top of a small hill, I see a tree.

"Maybe we should give it a rest." I say.

Maybe I can see better from up there. Chance slowly walks up the hill until we make it to the top. I dismount and reach into my back pack. That reminds me, I have all the supplies. Food, Water. I have to find Brian soon. I take a long rope out of my back pack.

"I trust you boy. I just don't wanna loose you too." I say as I tie one end to his halter and then the other to the tree.

I sit down and lean agented the tree. I give Chance a peppermint, which he enjoys. I look into the plains before me for any bit of movement. Nothing. Chance hangs his head down and they lays down next to me. He places his head on my lap and I play with his mane. Suddenly he starts to nibble at my pocket.

"What is it?" I ask reaching in my pocket.
"Chance, your a genius. I can call him." I say taking my phone out.

I dial Brian's cell phone. But all I get is that the number is out of service. It was a good idea though.

"Where do you think he could be?" I ask.
"I sure hope he's alright." I say.

Chance nuzzles my stomach. I scratch behind his ears. If I was here alone, I don't know what I would do. Chance is helping, but I want Brian here. I miss him so much. If I knew he was alright, maybe this wouldn't be so troublesome. But I don't know if he's OK...for all I know he's dead.

The Next Morning

I feel Chance's breath agented my neck, it tickles so I gently push him away. But the fur that I touched is not the hair of a horse. I open my eyes and scream. Right in front of me is a full grown mountain Lion. The lion pounces at me. I try to fight him off, but fail.

"Chance, help." I scream.

Chance opens his eyes and jumps to his feet. I picks up the lion by the pelt and throws him off me. Chance scares away the lion and trots back over to me. The lion scratched at my rib cage leaving four deep cuts in my side. The area around the wound is getting soaked with blood. I grab the first aid kit and take care of it. I feel around my face and some blood gets on to my hands...he scratched my face.

"Thanks boy." I say slowly standing up and patting him shoulder.
"Come on, let's go find Brian before that Lion does." I say undoing his robe and getting on his back. My side hurts so much, I can't do anything more though.