My Tattooed Angel

The River

"Ew...no...Chance, stop it." Brian says.

I open my eyes and turn over onto my stomach. I cross my arms on Brian's lap and place my head on them as I watch Brian get grossed out from Chance licking his arm.

"Do I look like food to you?" Brian asks pulling his arm away.

"Guess so." I laugh.

"Sleep well?" Brian asks.

"Yeah, your actually a really good pillow." I say.

"Um...thanks?" Brian says.

I sit up and grab my backpack. I get a watter bottle out to get rid of that gross taste. Brain stands up and puts his hat on his head. He reaches down his hand and helps me up.

"Ready to get going?" Brian asks.

"You know it." I say.

I pick up my backpack and throw it on my back. I walk over to Chance, give him a pat, and mount his back. Brian does the same and follows me in the direction that I came last night. After a couple of hours we stop by a river. I dismount Chance and let him get a drink. Brian nearly falls off and does the same. Brian walks about five feet and sits down. I do the same and sit next to him.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I ask.

"How pretty you look as a cowgirl." Brian says.

"Right." I say.

"Really. I like the rugged look." Brian says.

"Your sweet." I say kissing his cheek.
"Now what do you want." I say.

"Nothing. Can't I say your pretty without wanting anything." Brian says.

"Ok, but if you start humping me in public again...I don't know WHAT I'll do." I say.

"Oh come on, you KNOW you enjoyed it." Brian says.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't...that's for you to decide." I say.

"Ha...alright." Brian says.

I smile and laugh as I look down at the ground in front of me. I hear a splash a couple whinnies and a snort. I look up. It looks like Chance splashed Willie, and he didn't like that.

"They remind me of us." I say.

"How so?" Brian says.

"Like this." I say talking Brian landing on top of him.

"I still don't get it." Brian says.

"Never mind." I say.

I lower my head down until our lips touch. We kiss for a couple minutes until water's is splattered from above. I turn my head. Chance is standing above us, watter dripping from his muzzle.

"Still can't get over that your not the only boy in my life?" I ask.

Chance snorts and trots back to the river. Brian and I exchange glances and laugh. Some things NEVER change.