My Tattooed Angel

Hold me close as I speak my words

"I don't see why you couldn't just say Jay was dead." Brian says pulling out of the driveway.

"You try telling YOUR mom that Brent killed himself. Plus she didn't give me the chance." I say.

"Alright, whatever." Brian says.

"And isn't it fair for Nate to know MY family too?" I ask.

"I guess." Brian says.

The weird part is that Brian and I live about five miles away from my parents. We NEVER see them though. I can tell Brian's not looking forward to this, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I am ether.

"This it?" Brian asks going down my parent's driveway.

"Yeah..." I say.

"I know, be good." Brian says stopping the truck.

"Brian, you not a dog. Be yourself, even if it means that my parents hate you. I want them to know why fucking love you so damn much." I say.

"Ha...you know, I'm just WAITING for Nate's first word to be fuck." Brian says.

"I would laugh so hard if that happened." I say.

I get out of the car. I wish I wore a jacket or something, it's raining. I go to the back and get Nate, I try my best to keep him dry. Brian walks form around the corner with an umbrella over his head. He waits for me to catch up to his before walking to the house. I knock on the front door. I see mom from the window, she opens the door.

"Catlin, I haven't seen you in ages." Mom says throwing herself on me.
"Oh...you have a baby..." She says.

"Yeah, his names Nathan." I say.

"Please tell me the father isn't some random guy who lives in a bar." Mom says.

"Ha, no. Mom this is my husband Brian..." I say turning my head.
"Brian?" I ask.

"Oh sorry." Brian says hopping though the doorway.

"Brian this is my mom Chris." I say.

"When did you get married?" Mom asks.

"I don't know...about two years ago." I say.

"Oh..." Mom says.
"Hank, Catlin's back." Mom yells up stairs.
"Come on in." She says.

I awkwardly step inside with Nate, now wide awake, in my arms. Brian notices that I'm not liking this at all. He puts his arm around my neck and nuzzles the side my my face with his own. I smile and kiss his cheek. At least he's trying to make me feel better. I head to the couch and put Nate in his baby carrier that Brian brought me. Brian sits down. I place Nate next to the couch and next with Brian.

"Oh wow, it is her." Dad says walking into the living room.

"How about that." I say.

"Are you gonna tell them?" Brian whispers in my ear.

"Oh yeah..."I say.
Hey Mom, Dad, could you sit down." I say.

They do as their told. Brian and I exchange glances, I take a deep breath.

"Did you hear about Jason?" I ask.

"Hear what?" Mom asks.

"He's...dead." I say.

"What?" Dad asks.

"He shot himself yesterday." I say.

"Oh my god." Mom says putting her hand over her mouth.

"And it's all my fault. He killed himself because he thought I didn't love him anymore." I say as tears come to my eyes.

"Honey don't cry." Brian says wrapping his arms around me.

Brian holds me close as I try to hold back the tears. This whole week has been nothing but nuts and I wish it would just end.