Status: Active...somewhat slowly, but surely. :)

Where You Belong

Today's the Day.

Image

Well, today was the day.

I looked around Zack's silent, dark bedroom as I sat up, rubbing the sleep away from my eyes. It was pretty early; even earlier than Zack needed to be up, but the baby's constant kicking had kept me from sleeping any longer. I had nothing better to do than to just stay up, thoughts flooding my mind as my best friend snored away from beside me.

Today was the day that the guys would start their eight month long tour. They would miss the last few weeks of my pregnancy, and possibly the birth of the baby, while they were out touring across the country. I wasn't all that upset about it; touring was something they all loved doing, and it was something they all did for their fans. I respected that, however, I was a little bummed out that I wouldn't see them for so long.

With a sigh, I slowly slipped out from under the covers and waddled towards the bathroom, taking a few minutes to do my business before washing my hands. I decided to wash my face and brush my teeth while I was in there, and take a quick shower. I wanted to get a good breakfast going for Zack, and even the guys, who would show up in the next few hours to wait for the bus to get here.

I dressed in an orange Hollister cami that I loved, along with a pair of white Soffee shorts that highlighted my tan rather nicely. I stepped into my favorite pair of Elmo slippers and held onto the railing as I waddled my way downstairs and into the kitchen. Icky came running to my feet and I smiled, petting him with my foot since it was a little difficult for me to bend down and pick him up.

"Hey, Icky baby," I cooed with a smile as I poured some food and water into his bowls. He happily scarfed the food down and I washed my hands before placing several biscuits on a cookie sheet. I turned on the oven and put them in before setting the timer for twelve minutes, then moved onto a new pan and prepared it for the bacon I would cook. While that pan was heating up, I pulled out some eggs, milk, salt, and pepper before mixing them together in a large bowl. I set the bowl down and grabbed another pan, throwing the mix inside after it, too, had become hot enough.

I went back and forth between the bacon and the eggs, adding and flipping over pieces of bacon in one skillet while scrambling the eggs in the other skillet. Once the eggs were finished, I took the skillet off the burner and placed it on another burner that wasn't being used, then finished frying the bacon. After a while, I'd had several strips of bacon laid out on a plate, and I moved on to make some pancakes.

The pancakes didn't take long to make once I'd thrown the batter together. I'd made enough better for about ten large pancakes, figuring Zack would be fine with that amount for the time being. I knew the boy could eat, however, and I'd be able to make him more food once everyone else got here and was ready to eat as well. By the time I'd finished the pancakes and had placed them all on their own plate, the timer for the biscuits went off, and I removed those from the stove. I then gave Icky a warning look and headed back upstairs.

Zack was still out cold when I entered the room, though that wasn't surprising to me. It was nearing four in the morning, and everyone would be over within the hour. The bus was supposed to be here around six, so I knew it was time for him to get up and make sure he'd packed everything he'd needed and hadn't left anything out. With a grunt, I crawled back in bed, sitting on top of his legs as he laid on his back.

"Zack," I whispered, tapping his arm, "Get up."

Nothing.

I tried again, leaning closer "Zack, it's time to wake up," I said, soothingly running my hands up and down his bare stomach. He groaned, his muscles contracting under my touch, and I grinned, knowing he was waking up.

"Well this is a lovely surprise," his sleep ridden voice chuckled lowly, eyes remaining closed as his hands found my hips, rubbing soft circles into my skin. I smiled down at him, reaching as best I could without my belly getting in the way, and kissing his cheek. "Waking up to your highly pregnant friend straddling your lap is definitely a new one." he joked, and I gasped before slapping his arm.

"It doesn't get any better than this!" I joked with a small smirk, causing him to laugh as he sat up.

His eyes weren't fully open, my guess was because he wasn't fully awake yet, but his vibrant green eyes sparkled as he watched me with a small smile. He didn't say anything else, allowing the room to fall back into silence as he stared up at me. I didn't say anything either, knowing he was in one of his quiet moods where he simply sat and thought for a while. His hands stayed planted on my hips, his fingertips dancing across some of my exposed skin once my shirt had risen up.

"Today's the day," he mumbled finally, his eyes fully opening to look at me with a sudden sadness.

I smiled back weakly, "Yeah, it is."

"I don't wanna go," he mumbled childishly, and I couldn't help but to laugh.

"Of course you do, this is something you've been waiting for, for a while!"

"Yeah, but I wish you girls could come along, too," he sighed, sitting up and leaning back on his hands. I stayed where I was and smiled lightly, my stomach pressing against his torso and pulled him into a quick hug. "I don't wanna leave you here."

"We'll be fine, Zee," I stated encouragingly, knowing he wasn't having good feelings about all of the guys being gone, leaving us poor, pitiful girls alone and defenseless.

"We'll fly you girls out to see us sometime," he stated firmly, his jaw set, "I'll make sure of it. I don't care who I have to cuss out."

"Okay, Zack," I answered with a small giggle as he pulled me back into his chest for a longer hug this time, "I'll come visit whenever you want me to. If that's what you guys want."

"It is," he answered tensely, his grip tightening around me.

"You know," I began, attempting to choose my words carefully, "We'll be fine on our own for a little while."

Zack frowned at that, "It's not the other girls I'm worried about; it's you."

"Me?" I cocked an eyebrow, tilting my head to the side as I studied his facial expression, "Why me?"

"Because you're pregnant, and you'll be by yourself."

"I won't be by myself," I protested for his sake, knowing how he was thinking, "I'll have the girls and my parents."

"But the girls won't be enough," he sighed, "Not if that fucker of an ex of yours tries anything with you. You won't have us there to keep his ass in line. You won't have me there if he tries pulling some stupid shit on you."

"Zack," I eyed him, "You know I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself."

He shook his head, "You shouldn't have to worry about lifting a fucking finger while you're this far along in such a difficult pregnancy, let alone worry about fighting his ass off when he comes around again. Which, I'm sure he will."

I couldn't argue with him. I knew he was right to some extent, but I also didn't want to confirm his worries by agreeing with him. I leaned forward and pressed several kisses to his face before moving off him and slowly slipping out of the bed again.

"Where are you going?" he asked, and I looked back and smiled at him.

"I made you breakfast," I said, causing him to grin widely, "I want you to eat it before it gets cold."

***

"Well, I'm definitely gonna miss eating like that on the road," Zack moaned after finishing the last of his pancakes, causing me to smirk. "I'm honestly thinking about smuggling you in my suitcase."

I giggled and took his plate from him, rinsing the syrup and crumbs off in the sink before placing it in the dishwasher that was still going. I'd just finished cooking more food for the guys and girls, who were due within the next half hour or so. I busied myself with cleaning off the counter tops and placing the things I'd used in the dishwasher before setting the food out, leaving it covered for whenever everyone started arriving. I knew they'd just come right in and smelled the food, so I made sure they had all they'd need.

As I tossed the old rag into some soapy dishwater, I felt arms snake around me, and light, feathery kisses press against the nape of my neck. I sighed softly, fighting the urge to simply throw back my head and moan as Zack's lip rings sent shivers running down my spine at lightning speed. I felt my nipples harden and a burst of heat shoot through my legs as Zack's hands found my hips and pulled me back into his chest.

Damn fucking hormones.

"Zee, what are you doing?" I whispered in the quiet of the kitchen, feeling his lips twitch upwards into a smile as he turned me to face him, kissing my forehead.

"Committing everything about you like this to memory," he said cutely, and if I wasn't black, I was sure a blush would've settled in my cheeks, "This is the last time I'll see you like this before you have the baby." he answered with a small smile, placing his hands on my round stomach just in time to feel the baby kick.

I smiled, tugging him towards the pool, "Come swim with me?"

"I'm in my boxers, Britt," he laughed, allowing me to pull him out into the backyard. We held the door open for Icky, who came pawing at my feet again. I bent down, attempting several times to pick the tiny, black ball of fur up, but failed completely. With a chuckle, Zack bent down and scooped the dog up before placing him in my arms, to which I smiled.

"Thanks," I said, covering Icky in kisses, "And I'm not wearing much more than you are; so what?"

With that, I set the dog down on an empty lounge chair before stripping out of my clothes and sliding off my slippers, leaving me in just my underwear. I paid no mind to the way Zack looked at me, knowing it was just his testosterone speaking for him. I used the steps to slowly enter the pool, squealing at how cool the water felt against my skin. I stayed in the shallow section of the water since I was so short.

And also because I was scared that being this hugely pregnant would get me drowned.

Zack noticed this and laughed quietly to himself, jumping in and wading over to me. I watched as his eyes glazed over with some unfamiliar emotion, his facial expression unreadable as he towered over me, my abdomen pressing against his own.

"What's goin' through that mind of yours, Baker?" I asked as he placed his hands on my hips, lowering his head to bury his face into the crook of my neck.

He breathed in and out slowly before straightening up and kissing my forehead, "So much shit, it'll make you crazy." he chuckled, and I nodded in understanding.

I smiled innocently at him, holding onto his arms, "Synopsis?" I requested politely, and his chest rumbled with laughter.

"I wouldn't even know where to begin, Britt," he said, and I nodded.

"I see," I stated simply, backing off his case a bit.

I didn't expect him to continue, but he did, "I guess seeing you pregnant like this, evokes this...weird feeling in me. I don't know how to explain it. I just feel...protective of you and the baby. I'd do anything to make sure you both are safe. I go to the store to buy beer and can't help but stop in the fucking baby isle to see if there's anything there that he doesn't already have, you know?"

I grinned at his confession, "I told you before; those are your paternal instincts kicking in."

"But the baby isn't even mine!" he protested, looking at me with a confused expression.

I shrugged, "I honestly think those instincts kick in when you realize that you're expecting. They just come out of nowhere, and they hit you strong," I explained to him, watching as he frowned and moved to speak again, "And I think you may be still feeling those instincts from your relationship with Gena. You were expecting a child, too, at one point in time. Feelings like that don't just go away over night, love." I pointed out.

A look of realization passed over his features and he sighed, "I guess that makes sense," he mumbled, seeming somewhat dejected.

"That doesn't mean it's wrong for you to feel that way, baby," I frowned, pulling him into a tight hug, "It means that you have values and a big heart. You make family your priority. I only wish that Michael would've thought to be so humbled, so...selfless. I know that had Gena...kept the baby, you would've given them both the world, and as someone without anyone like that, I'm glad you were willing to step up to the plate for your own family." I smiled, standing on the tips of my toes and pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"That's what I'm gonna miss the most on tour," Zack sighed, nuzzling his face into my collarbone as he enveloped me into a bear hug.

I smiled, laying my head on his chest, "What's that?" I asked.

"Having someone around who understands every single emotion I feel and every thought that goes through my head," he answered honestly, causing me to smile, "Someone who keeps me sane."

I laughed, looking over to the house as I heard voices from inside, "Well, I'll only be a phone call away." I said as we both walked back towards the stairs, getting out of the pool and drying off.

Zack sighed as we got dressed and headed inside to meet the rest of our friends, "Yeah, but I miss you already."
♠ ♠ ♠
And here's another. :)
Comments? Subscribe?
<333