Status: Active...somewhat slowly, but surely. :)

Where You Belong

It's You.

Image

The second I woke up the next morning, I automatically smiled to myself. I looked to the side, seeing Zack shirtless and dead asleep on his stomach, letting out soft snores as his mouth hung open. I grinned, pushing my body pillow away from myself and crawling towards my friend.

With a grunt, I swung one leg over his waist and hovered over his body, "Zack? Zack."
I rubbed his shoulders gently, coaxing him from his sleep, "Hmmph?" he grunted, eyes still sealed shut, and I giggled.

"Zack, I actually slept last night," I whispered, watching as he slowly stirred and turned over on his back, blinking up at me.

"You slept?" he mumbled, looking up at me with a sleeping smile. I nodded, "That's great, baby. The whole night?"

"The whole night," I confirmed, watching as he grinned and placed his hands on my hips, pulling me even closer to him. I smiled down at him, pressing my hands to his chest as I leaned forward, giving him a slight hug.

"You look a million times better already," he commented, and I tilted my head in curiosity.

"How did I look before?" I asked, and noticed the weary glance he gave me, "It's no trick question or anything." I assured him.

He sighed, "You just looked...sickly. I noticed it the second I first saw you, though I was too happy to see you to mention it right away."

I sighed, "This whole thing's just been rough on me, that's all."

"I'll say," he mumbled, alerting me to his frustration, "Sure, I get pregnancies are usually hard, but yours doesn't even let you sleep at night. You're always out and about running on no energy."

I nodded, sighing softly as I noticed the worry evident in his eyes, "It's actually pretty common for women who are expecting to experience insomnia, Zack," I pointed out, fully aware of his aggravation.

"I don't fucking care," he groaned, pulling me back down to lay with him, "That's women with normal pregnancies. You don't have a normal one. In fact, you can never catch a break from all the hell it's been giving you. The least it could do is let you sleep in peace at night." he grumbled, holding me tightly to his side.

I giggled and tossed a leg over his, hoping to ease some of the tension I felt in my back, "Yeah, but I wouldn't trade this for the world."

"I know you wouldn't, princess," he murmured quietly, pressing a kiss to my forehead, "And I'm happy to see that you're happy. I know it'll be worth it in the end, but I still can't help but to worry about how it's affecting your health."

I nodded in understanding, hugging him tightly, "I know, but I only have a month left, and it'll all be over. I'm so thankful to have all of you guys' support." I whispered gratefully, tracing my fingers along the tattoos on his arms and chest.

He shivered from under my touch, and I smiled, locking eyes with him. I was so lucky to have a best friend as understanding and hot as he was. He kept me sane and I always looked to him for advice and a second opinon. I didn't know what I'd do without him.

I couldn't read the expression that had settled in Zack's eyes as he pulled me close to him so that we were just inches apart. I could tell he was thinking, thinking hard about something, and probably didn't realize just how close we were as his breath ghosted over my face. I swallowed, feeling a ball of heat pool in between my legs as Zack's hands slipped down to my hips, gripping them before sliding up my sides, underneath the material of my tank top.

"Z-Zack," I nearly moaned, my voice coming out as a squeak. My breath hitched entirely at the feeling of his breath cascading just over my lips, and my heart began to race. "W-what are you d-do--"

"RISE AND SHINE, KIDDIES!" Jimmy's manic voice shouted as the door burst open, causing Zack and I to jump away from each other and stare at him in bewilderment. He eyed us suspiciously before turning back towards the hall with a slight smirk, "Britt, as much as the girls are gonna hate me for doing this, I would like some of those blueberry pancakes you make so well, so as of right now, I'm appointing you to breakfast detail."

If looks could kill, then Jimmy would've been dead two times over.

With a sigh, I removed myself from Zack's grasp and slowly eased myself out of bed, feeling a pang in my stomach as I did so. I figured I was just hungry again, so without another word, I followed Jimmy out into the kitchen to make something to eat.

"Jimmy!" Leana snapped the second she saw that I was up, "I told you not to wake her!" she glared at him, slapping his arms before throwing me an apologetic frown.

"Seriously, Jimbo," Val sighed softly, hurrying towards me with a glass of juice, "She's been having insomnia ever since you guys left. This was the first time she's slept decently in two months."

Jimmy frowned, enveloping me in a hug as I stood unsteadily on my feet, grimacing at the hunger pains I was feeling, "I'm sorry, Britt. Forgive me?" he pouted, and I smiled, despite how I was beginning to feel because of my unmet hunger needs.

"Of course, Jimmy," I nodded, before looking at all the groceries the girls had somehow gone out and bought, "But because you woke me up, you'll be helping with breakfast."

Jimmy sighed and followed me further into the kitchen, standing next to Leana, "What do I do?"

I looked around to see what the girls had started on so far. Lacey was at one side of the stove making omelets while Michelle was on the other side, cooking bacon and sausage. Leana was working with her to switch out the ones that were done cooking to set on a large plate, and Val was preparing to put a cookie sheet full of biscuits in the oven.

I turned back to Jimmy with a smirk, and he eyed me wearily, "You can help me with the pancakes."

"Yeah, so he can burn the whole suite down to a fucking crisp," Michelle muttered from a few feet away, her attention never deviating from the meat. Leana snorted in agreement.

Val smiled softly, "Maybe you should just let Jimmy....pour the orange juice." she suggested innocently, and Jimmy eyed her silently.

It was clear he wasn't having that, and with a smug grin, he grabbed an apron and attempted to put it on, all the while shooting Val a challenging smirk. I rolled my eyes when I noticed he'd put the apron on upside down and tied the strings around him several times in order to keep it on.

With a sigh, I took the large skillet that Val handed me from one of the bottom cabinets and moved to the small island, where nothing was in the way. I plugged the cord in, but didn't bother with cutting it on until I'd grabbed some nonstick spray and the large box of pancake mix the girls had bought. I smiled, knowing it had been Michelle to remember that I only made pancakes using the Aunt Jemima brand.

"Alright, Jimbo," I sighed, motioning for Jimmy to help me sit in the tall barstool in front of the island, "We're gonna start out by reading the directions."

"Directions?" he scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest, "Little one, I am the Reverend Tholomew fucking Plague and I never need directions!"

"Does that include the time we bought that toaster that came with the warning label not to put metal objects inside it while it was on?" Leana interjected pointedly, "Y'know...with the label you completely disregarded and set the whole kitchen on fire because you tried to get the last piece of that poptart out of there with a fork?"

Jimmy looked away, his lips thinned into a small line, "I never saw that warning label."

"Well, of course you don't! The second you saw that owner's manual you tossed it in the trash, claiming you didn't need any directions or warnings." she snorted, shaking her head as Michelle doubled over in hysterical laughter.

"Typical Jimmy," Lacey giggled as well, and as I looked over at Val, I noticed it was taking everything in her not to burst into laughter, too. Jimmy looked at the girls with a pout before turning to me, and I shook my head at him.

He sighed dramatically, stepping back and stomping his foot like a child, "You guys don't like my cooking! Fine!" he shrieked, flailing his arms about. I snorted at his antics before rolling my eyes as he melodramatically continued, "I'll just leave you to it then! I'll just go back to the room and--"

"Oh hush," I smirked, grabbing him by the shirt as he tried to stomp off and yanking him back towards the island, "You woke me up to cook the food you wanted, and right now my back is killing me so you'll be staying right here."

"But--" he pouted, and I shook my head.

"Ah, ah, ah," I said in a sing-song tone, "Right here, dear. Now read those directions and read them well. If you skip a single instruction and cause chaos to stress me out, not only will you have to deal with Zack and my doctor, but I'll rip your balls off and throw them into a blender so that you can drink them for breakfast through a straw. God knows that's the only way you'll be able to eat once Zack breaks every bone in your body."

Jimmy looked at me with wide eyes before snatching up the box from the counter, his eyes scanning the paragraph printed on the back several times over. I smirked and leaned back into the seat, grimacing as another hunger pain when shooting through my stomach. Val seemed to notice and frowned at me.

"You okay?" she asked quietly, just as the baby began kicking wildly.

I groaned, pressing a hand to my stomach as Jimmy muttered the directions under his breath over and over, "I'm fine. Baby's just a little extra active today. Feels like he's in a fucking kickboxing class in there." I grumbled as another kick winded me.

"What can we do?" Lacey turned around, eyeing me with a worried expression.

I shook my head, "There's nothing to worry about. He's just a strong one, is all," I sighed, hoping that my face didn't show the amount of pain that the baby was putting me in, "However, I'm starving, which is probably why he's kicking so much. Can one of you whip up a quick snack for me?" I asked quickly, breathing in as I felt another hard kick.

"Sure," Val and Lacey said in unison, both hurriedly turning around and looking through the fridge.

Michelle turned around and handed me a couple of pieces of bacon, "Here, eat these until they have something ready for you."

I thanked her before popping a couple of pieces into my mouth. I felt better instantly, though the baby continued kicking just as wildly as before. I sighed loudly and turned to Jimmy, whose eyes were still on the pancake mix box, "Okay, Sullivan. Let's rock and roll." I directed, and he quickly set down the box.

I watched as he measured out the cups of mix he would need, shaking my head as he sneezed and spilled more than half the measured amount all over both himself and me. He smiled sheepishly at me and tried again, this time only managing to spill a little bit of the mix all over the counter. I nodded, knowing that was probably as good as it would get, and told him to continue.

Leana eyed him with a soft smile as his tongue hung out in concentration, watching as he carefully filled a measuring cup with water and slowly carried it back towards the island to pour into the bowl. I made a noise of approval and he moved on to grab a large spoon that Leana had set out for him and used it to stir the batter together.

"Make sure it's not lumpy, but don't stir it for too long or else it'll get thin and soupy," I commanded, exchanging a smile with Leana as we watched Jimmy use the most concentration we'd ever seen on something other than his music.

"Kay," he mumbled, stirring a little more before stopping and looking at me.

I nodded, "Get a smaller spoon and get ready to spoon some in," I said, turning on the skillet and covering it with some nonstick spray. Val then handed me a small bowl of washed blueberries, and I gasped, "Oh, I almost forgot! Stir these in first."

Jimmy did as I instructed while Leana and Michelle, who'd finished the meat, began setting a few large plates on the island next to us, so there'd be something for Jimmy to set the pancakes on as they each finished cooking. Val handed me two spatulas, and I gave one to Michelle and asked her to help Jimmy and I.

We worked quickly, Michelle and I using the spatulas to scoop up the finished pancakes from the skillet as they finished as Jimmy filled their empty spots with more spoonfuls of batter. I knew it would only be a matter of time before the guys each woke up, as the smell of the food had probably infiltrated all of the rooms and gotten their attention. I urged Jimmy to continue before starting on a second batter myself, this time adding chocolate chips. This was both Zack and Johnny's favorite mix, and Val started a plain batter for the pancakes.

I giggled as I heard a crash sound from one of the rooms and continued stirring, just as Jimmy finished. I handed Jimmy the chocolate chip batter to put into the skillet as I took the dirty bowl he'd used from the first batter and placed it in the sink to be washed.

"I'll bet it's Johnny," Lacey chuckled as she finished up the omelettes and moved onto scrambling regular eggs, causing us all to laugh.

I sighed with a shake of my head, returning to my seat next to Jimmy and scooping up the pancakes that were already done. I placed them on the plate Michelle stood in front of, buttering each pancake as I tossed them over, "Probably. Poor boy has never been all that coordinated, be it drunk or sober."

"I smell something mighty yummy!" Brian called as he and Johnny came stumbling out of their rooms, half dressed and licking their lips in anticipation. He stood behind Michelle and peered over her shoulder, eyes brightening with delight as he spotted the pancakes.

Michelle slapped his hand away as he attempted to sneak a pancake, and he pouted, "Aww, baby! I just want a little taste!"

Jimmy narrowed his eyes and reached over me, swinging at Brian with his spatula as he shot his friend a warning look, "Nobody touches a pancake before I do 'cause I cooked 'em!"

"Which is a fucking miracle because the hotel is still standing," Johnny muttered, and I couldn't help but to snort with laughter as Jimmy pouted, feigning hurt.

"How rude! You mean, evil little garden knome! Why don't you--" I shushed him as he prepared to speak and motioned towards the pancakes on the skillet, telling him to hurry and finish so he could cook the last batter. I knew once Zack and Matt woke up, there would be hell to pay with their constant whining if the food wasn't ready yet.

"I knew I smelled my favorite," a smooth voice murmured in my ear, causing me to jolt. I relaxed as I felt a pair of warm, calloused hands caress my shoulders and a pair of steel-clad lips press against the exposed nape of my neck, and smiled, turning to see Zack.

"Hey, you," I greeted him, reaching out a hand to lightly rub his arm. I would've turned and hugged him, but I was hellbent on watching Jimmy and making sure that he stayed concentrated.

I then noticed Matt stumbling over to Val, eyes half shut and hair disshevled, "Is the food ready yet?" he slurred sleepily, wrapping a large arm around Val's waist. She smiled and shook her head no, and I braced myself.

"WHAT?" Brian exploded first with a whine, "But I'm hungry! Why isn't it finished yet? I wanna--"

"I'm a growing boy!" Johnny cut in, placing a hand on his chest with a pout, "I need this--"

"Baby boy, I don't know how much more you think you're gonna grow at twenty three years old," I smirked, stifling a giggle as he narrowed his eyes at me in irritation, "You and I will be short forever. If the growth spurt ain't hit by now, ain't no point in waitin' on it to."

"But--" he stomped his foot, and Lacey smacked him upside the head. She shook her head and turned back to the eggs, mumbling incoherently. I chuckled before looking to Matt and Val, seeing that Matt was half asleep and leaning on Val, murmuring about his stomach.

"Zachary James, don't you dare!" I glared, noticing when Zack tried to sneak a hand past me towards the plate holding the chocolate chip pancakes. He sighed and pouted, mumbling to himself under his breath. I rolled my eyes and looked at Leana, who looked over at Jimmy and shrugged. I looked over at him too, noting that he was sitting just as patient as ever, tongue lolling out of his mouth as he flipped pancakes like a pro.

When Jimmy was the only one sitting quietly, there was a serious fucking problem with the world.

***

"Damn, have I missed meals like that," Matt groaned softly, leaning back in his seat and folding his arms behind his head, "You girls did an amazing job."

Detaching himself from Leana's lips, Jimmy coughed and stared at him pointedly. Leana giggled, pressing another kiss to his lips, "And you helped, so you did a great job, too, baby," she smiled, laughing as he quickly returned the kiss.

"Alright, you two," Brian gagged, throwing a biscuit at the couple, hoping to keep them from showing any more of the X-rated PDA than they already were, "Go get a fucking room!"

Just as Jimmy stood up and motioned for Leana to follow him, Matt shook his head and stopped them, "No time for that now. We have sound check at one," he said, eyeing a clock nearby.

Jimmy rolled his eyes, "What's your point? That's two hours from now?"

"And you guys never finish in under five hours," Johnny grumbled from my left side, causing me to giggle wildly. Lacey pursed her lips and shook her head, lowering her eyes to her hands that fiddled about in her lap.

"What are you laughing at?" Jimmy huffed, eyeing me with a playful smirk, "You're one to talk with the wild antics you've had in the past!"

"Yep, and look where those antics got me!" I joked with a smirk, placing a hand on my stomach, as the baby kicked...hard. "Ow! Clearly he doesn't like me making jokes about him, but it's the truth. But this isn't about me; don't try and throw me under the bus just 'cause you got called out."

"GOT 'EM!" Brian shouted from his seat with a wild grin, and I rolled my eyes.

"That was my line years ago, Haner," I eyed him unpleasantly, and he stuck his tongue out at me in defiance.

"So."

"So?" I cocked an eyebrow, leaning back in my seat an eyeing him with a daring expression.

He smirked, pulling Michelle into his side, "Yup. So."

"Bri, sweetie, you know better than to ever challenge me," I smiled wickedly, "Especially while I'm pregnant."

Michelle sighed, "Babe, you'd better stop while you're ahead," she warned, but Brian paid her no mind.

"And why's that?" he asked smugly, and Michelle rolled her eyes at her boyfriend.

"It's your funeral," she muttered under her breath, and Leana giggled hysterically from her spot on Jimmy's lap.

"You know what, Gates?" I smirked, slowly standing up from my spot in between Zack and Johnny, "Keep talking. You're gonna get what's coming to you--"

I was cut off by a loud knock on the door, and looked towards the guys.

"Who's that?" Johnny asked curiously, looking to the others for an answer. No one spoke up.

Brian rolled his eyes, "How the fuck are we supposed to know, short shit? We're sitting here, minding our business, just like you. Go answer the door."

"No, I'm not answering the fucking door!" Johnny spat in defiance.

"Short shit, go answer the door!" Jimmy sighed as the knocking persisted.

"No!" Johnny glared at his friend, looking off in further defiance.

"Are any of you gonna go answer the door? It's your suite after all," Lacey stated pointedly, looking back and forth between Johnny, Jimmy, and Brian.

"I'm not fucking doing it." Brian shook his head.

"Me neither," Jimmy replied simply.

Johnny didn't bother saying anything, and I knew that was a negative.

I snorted when I realized none of the guys had bothered moving an inch, Matt and Zack included. I shook my head and thought about how lazy my friends were as Zack pulled me into his side and nuzzled his face into my hair.

"Fine," Michelle sighed loudly, pushing Brian off her, "I'll go answer it. Lazy fuckers."

I giggled at the pout Brian sent after her, watching as she ignored it and disappeared from view. I turned back to the others, watching as Johnny and Brian fought over who would answer the door the next time someone showed up. Their argument wasn't getting them anywhere, but it was pretty entertaining to watch. My attention was suddenly brought to Michelle's sneer at the sound of the door opening.

"Oh, hell fucking no. It's you."
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised, though a day late since I'm a little sick, here is one of two updates. :)
Especially for Lyndsey since she updated for me, and RAYRAYFACE cause her poor little Pennsylvanian town is being flooded.
Thanks to all those who've read and commented! Be on the lookout for another update today! :)