Status: Active...somewhat slowly, but surely. :)

Where You Belong

Uh Oh.

Image

"Oh, yeah. It's infection, alright."

I cursed lowly, "What kind of infection?" I sighed, looking up into the dark orbs of Mason's pediatrician.

"His ears," she answered sympathetically as Mason continued to wail at the top of his lungs. His face was all red and blotchy, and his fever hadn't gone down at all, "He's gonna be uncomfortable for a couple of days until the fever dies down, but luckily his fever isn't extremely high, or else it would take longer for him to recover. Keep some children's tylenol around when you notice him becoming overwhelmed; I'll write down the necessary dosages for you."

I sighed, shifting my son in my arms in feeble attempt to soothe him. It did him no good, as he continued to holler and scream. I peeled off his jacket, allowing him to just wear his t-shirt for now. As soon as I got him out of this nasty public place, I'd take his t-shirt off as well, knowing that he'd still be hot later on.

"Alright," Dr. Jenner smiled softly, "The dosages are numbered. The first one I want you to do twice a day for the first day. The second day, you're gonna up the dosage and continue with the twice a day. The third day, up it some more, and if this persists any more than four days, you give me a call, okay?"

I nodded, "I will. Thank you, Doctor," I sighed, reaching out my empty hand and shaking hers. She smiled and waved goodbye to Mason before exiting the room.

"I'm so sorry, baby," I whispered, cradling him in my arms and rocking him back and forth for a minute or two. I knew that wouldn't help, but I at least wanted to make the effort on his behalf.

I gathered his bag and settled him into his carrier, snapping him in before I lugged the heavy bag onto my right shoulder. With my left hand, I took hold of the carrier and used all my strength to hold him up as I signed a few forms at the checkout desk and paid for the visit.

"C'mon, let's get you over to Uncle Zacky's," I mumbled, hurrying towards the car.

Once I had the door open, I pushed the driver's seat up and manuevered Mason's carrier around the seat and into the back. I strapped the carrier in tightly and checked to make sure that all the restraints were working properly. When I was sure, I fixed my seat again and got in.

I drove like a bat out of hell.I had to. I was so busy worrying over Mason and looking at him through my rearview mirror that I often neglected to pay attention to the traffic. I was worried about him. I didn't like the idea that he was sick and so distressed over it. It broke my heart to pieces seeing him so uncomfortable.

Pulling into Zack's driveway, I skidded to a stop, noticing several other cars parked around his. I noticed the majority of them, but thought nothing of it as I ran around and unbuckled Mason's carrier. He was still screaming, poor baby. I hurriedly pulled his bag over my shoulder before grabbing hold of his carrier as well as my own bag before I trudged to the front door.

Laughter met my ears as I pushed the unlocked door open and stepped inside, though it quickly died down at the shrill sound of Mason's cry. I followed the noise and found everyone crowded in the living room, looking at Mason with curiosity. Val was the first to come to my side, "What's wrong?"

With a sigh, I set Mason's carrier on the table before allowing the other bags to slide down my arms and hit the floor. Once that was done, I took Mason out of his carrier and held him to me as I took the nearest seat, "He's got an ear infection."

"Oh, no!" she pouted, looking over at my son with a soft pout, "Poor thing, no wonder he's so upset!"

I nodded, hurriedly stripping off his shirt and his pants so that he could have an easier time cooling down. I frowned as I watched little droplets of sweat run down his forehead and cover his entire body with a light sheen. I held him to me again and began rocking him, knowing that he'd eventually calm down if he thought I was calm first, "It'll be okay, little man. It's okay."

"How long has he been like that?" Matt asked worriedly, watching as Mason coughed and sputtered while I gently patted his back.

I bit my lip, "He started showing symptoms late last night, but it worsened this morning."

"Did you take him to a doctor yet?" Michelle asked, and I nodded.

"I just came from there. She told me that it was an ear infection and gave me instructions for administering medicine since he's so little."

"What medicine?" she wanted to know.

"Just some children's Tylenol will be fine," I answered with a shrug, watching my son's face for anything that looked off. I sighed, feeling completely anxious. My nerves were shot. It killed me to see my baby boy so sick and upset, and it took everything in me not to scream.

"Give him to me."

Looking up, I spotted Zack hovering above me with a frown, holding his arms out as Mason continued to scream. I looked at him, feeling conflicted. I didn't mind Zack attempting to calm Mason down but I was scared that if I handed him off before he'd calmed some, it'd only make his nerves worse.

Zack smiled knowingly, "He'll be alright, babe," he murmured, leaning forward and pressing a quick kiss to my lips, "Let me see him."

With a nod of my head, I gently shifted Mason into Zack's arms, who effortlessly lifted him and held him straight to his chest. Immediately, Mason's screaming came to a halt, though he still continued to whimper. He looked up at Zack in wonder, clearly taking in everything about Zack's features. Zack simply smiled down at him before beginning to speak softly to him.

"Wow," Michelle mumbled from beside me, "He's good. Really good."

Val nodded feverishly from across the room, "Uh huh."

"They're adorable together," Lacey nodded, smiling as Zack began rocking Mason back and forth in his arms.

I nodded in agreement, "Yeah, they are."

"I want one."

I didn't miss the way Jimmy'd choked on his beer and spat it across the room when Leana spoke. Neither did anyone else, as the guys all began howling with laughter, Zack included. Naturally, the beer landed on Johnny, who pitched a fit, stomping out of the room with Lacey on his heels. Matt gave Jimy a solid pat to the back. Mason didn't seem to mind the noise, he was just staring at Zack's face with a complacent smile.

"What?" Lee asked defensively, pouting over at Jimmy. "Don'y y--"

"Babe, this is so not the time for that talk!" Jimmy whined, taking note of the scowl on her face.

With a sigh, I intervened, "Honestly, you two--"

"We can only handle one baby at a time!" Brian cut in quickly, clearly saving poor Jimmy from the tongue-lashing of his life, "Wait til baby Mason gets a little older and then we can worry about running after another rugrat!"

"Agreed," Johnny yelled from the other room.

With a roll of my eyes, I turned to Lacey, smiling as she handed me a much needed snack that consisted of a ham and cheese sandwich and grapes. I loved that about her and Val. They still fed me healthy little snacks and brought me juice like they did when I was pregnant with Mason. It was thoughtful of them, and I couldn't ask for better friends to have my back.

"Aw, look at Mommy over there," I heard Jimmy coo, looking up and seeing him pointing a finger at me. I cocked an eyebrow, but he said nothing else. With a snort, I turned my attention back to my food. It was gone within a matter of seconds.

"Thanks, Lace," I sighed, leaning back into the couch as the guys continued whatever conversation they were having.

Lacey smiled, "No prob, dude. You just looked a little out of it so I figured eating something would help."

Leana nodded towards the kitchen, and we immediately relocated. It was obvious were about to have girl talk, away from the prying eyes and ears of our significant others. That also meant it was interrogation time.

"You did look out of it," Val noted in agreement, taking a seat on a barstool, "How's everything been going?"

I shrugged, finding my own seat on the counter top, "Everything's been everything." I answered lamely.

"Work?" Val prodded, leaning forward.

"Fine."

"Bills?" Lacey checked, shooting me a knowing smile.

I cringed, "Awful."

"Zacky?" Michelle smirked, and I froze. Oh boy.

"Oh, that's exactly what it is!" Leana giggled, raiding through Zack's fridge, most likely for something to drink, "And you can't even roll your eyes and deny it now!"

I sighed. She was right.

"So? What's the story?" she grinned widely, sending me what I highly considered a creepy stare.

"Yeah," Michelle bit her lip, "All we know is that you guys told each other how you feel and rarely show PDA. What's up with that?"

Rarely show PDA, my ass. I couldn't keep my hands off the man!

I shrugged nochalantly, "I don't know."

"Are you happy?" Val's soft voice asked cutely, and I couldn't help but to laugh at her. Val's sweetness just brightened anyone's day. It was a gift she had, that's for sure.

I nodded with a smile, "Very. It just feels like everything's starting to fall into place."

Leana grinned, "That's how it's supposed to feel, sweetie. I'm glad things are working out so well for you two."

Oh, they're working out just fine.

"Thanks, Lee," I smiled back, turning my head and peeking out into the living room to see what the boys were up to.

Jimmy was terrorizing Johnny, as usual, and Brian and Zack were bickering over who Mason liked better. Matt simply held Mason in his arms and watched the two of them fuss, which I thought was pretty funny. Mason was staring at Matt's tattoos in wonder, something he seemed to do with all the guys.

It wasn't long before we somehow managed to make our way back to the guys, whom had all congregated in one of Zack's many mancaves, just a few rooms over from where they'd originally been. This room was darker, though extremely comfy and open. Johnny was now holding Mason with a dopey grin on his face as he spoke quietly to him.

I sighed, "Y'all are gonna spoil my poor baby rotten."

Brian, plucking the strings of one of Zack's guitars, turned and smirked at me, "We sure are."
"You're bailing him out of jail when he grows up, too," I grumbled sarcastically, leaning against the doorway.

That caused everyone to laugh. Once again, I was in and out as everyone socialized with one another, snapping my eyes open every time they happened to fall shut. It was obvious that I was tired, but it'd honestly felt like forever since I'd seen all of my friends together. I missed out on a lot of the group's gatherings because of work, and I usually spent time at home with Mason whenever I wasn't working. It was so good to see everyone, and I didn't want to miss out on that time just because I was tired. Sleep would have to wait.

I was jerked awake when I felt a pair of hands gently caress my hips, and saw Zack standing in front of me with a soft smile. I smiled back as he pulled me close to him before capturing my lips in a short kiss.

"Are we that boring?" he asked playfully, leaning down again and pulling my bottom lip with his teeth, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Of course not, you loser," I chuckled, leaning into him, brushing my lips across his neck. Damn my shortness, I tell you.

He grinned before pulling away and tugging on my hands, "Come with me for a minute."

I blinked, looking between him and the others, who were inconspicuously watching us interact, "But what about--"

"Mason's fine, we got him to sleep," Zack assured me, pointing to my sleeping son in Johnny's arms, "Turns out that part of that screaming was due to the huge shit he'd taken in his diaper. Val took care of it, now c'mon."

With a sigh, I allowed Zack to pull me away from the others, down the hall and into his study.

It'd been a while since I'd been in this room, and the changes that had been made we evident. The room still followed its dark theme and contained shelf after shelf filled with books, and the dark furniture was still the same.

But the pictures were different. Instead of finding pictures of Gena, there were both new and old pictures in their places. Recent pictures of Zack and I, as well as old ones. Pictures of Mason littered the place, too.

One particular picture caught my eye, and I quietly moved towards it. It was as if I couldn't help it, as if I'd simply gravitated towards it.

It was taken from the day Mason was born. I, while barely awake after having just given birth, was smiling softly as I sat up in the hopital bed. Zack was there, too, sitting next to me while holding Mason in one arm and a pen in the other. In my lap sat Mason's birth certificate, which Zack was signing under Godfather.

"It's a day I'll never forget."

At the sound of his voice, I then remembered the Zack was still in the room with me. I chewed my lip as his warm arms coiled around my middle and pulled me back into his chest for a soft embrace.

"I never knew anyone'd taken pictures," I murmured quietly, smiling as his lips gently brushed across my cheek.

"I bribed some random guy with a swanky camera to come in and take a few," he chuckled, slightly swaying the two of us from side to side, "Your meds still hadn't worn off by then, so you probably don't remember it."

I nodded in agreement, "I don't remember a thing. I was good and high after that god-awful needle was stuck into my spine."

Zack's chest rumbled with laughter against me, and I smiled at the sound coming from him, "Yeah, Matt B could finally breathe once they'd given you that shit. He'd been holding his breath everytime you asked how far dilated you were or if you mentioned being hungry. You were pretty brutal, baby."

I shrugged, "It was the hormones talking. I had no parts in it."

That made him laugh even more, "If you say so. But I gave the guy my mom's information so that she could send it to me once everything was ready."

"It's beautiful," I smiled, feeling the need to cry for such a sweet gesture from him.

"They all were," he smiled, leaning down and pressing a kiss to my nose, then my lips, "I'll show you the rest one day."

I frowned, "Why not now?"

"Cause that's not what I brought you in here for," he smirked, tugging me in the direction of the chaise lounge in the corner of the room.

I sighed, "Uh oh."

"Uh oh is right," he chuckled softly, taking a seat on the chaise before pulling me down on top of him, "I haven't had you to myself all day." he mumbled, taking my bottom lip in between his teeth. I moaned softly, allowing my eyes to flutter shut as he lightly sucked on my lip.

"Zee, everyone is right in the other room," I mumbled, feeling knots tie up in my stomach as he turned me to straddle his lap lightly, hands slipping up my skirt a bit.

"So?" he grumbled, holding me close to him as he assaulted my neck, "It's my house, they can leave if they don't like it."

I rolled my eyes with a small laugh, playfully pushing him away, "You wouldn't do that to your own company, fool. Jimmy wouldn't let you, anyway."

Zack smirked, "You're right. The others would leave. Jimmy'd stay and watch."

I cocked an eyebrow, "Stay and watch what?" I asked innocently, removing myself from his lap and walking over towards the large mahogony desk a few feet away, lifting myself up to sit on top of it.

I heard a growl and before I knew it, Zack was standing in between my legs with a fierce look, one that severely turned me on. I simply blinked, not knowing what to expect from him in a relationship, but having been his best friend for so many years, I could only guess. He simply stared at me for awhile, something that unsettled me in a good way.

He suddenly smirked, not breaking eye contact with me as he smoothly placed his large hands on my upper thighs. I didn't allow my straight expression to falter as he teasingly moved them higher and higher, obviously fishing for a reaction from me. However, he was clearly giving me an involuntary reaction of his own, I could see that much.

Catching my glance, Zack's smirk deepened before he leaned forward, "You wanna know what Jimmy can stay and watch?" I was silent as he took one of my hands, pulling it towards him and placing it straight over his erection, "He can watch you take care of this."

I'd suddenly lost the ability to speak as my boyfriend moved my hand back and forth over his solid erection, "D-I-I...I, uh..." I stammered dumbly, feeling my own insides clench as gushing feeling shot straight through my legs.

"Something wrong, princess?" Zack mumbled cockily, shooting me a knowing smile through hooded, lusty eyes as he began bucking his hips into my touch. I immediately closed my mouth, biting hard on my bottom lip as Zack's free hand trailed back under my skirt, slowly rubbing circles into my skin and giving me goosebumps as he went, "Ah, there's what's wrong."

I looked up and noted the smirk on his face as he pushed the seat of my underwear aside, his fingers immediately finding my warmth and stroking my clit in an agonizingly slow pace. I sat as still as humanly possible, breaking eye contact fro him, "Z-Zee, w-w-we have g-gue--"

"Look at me, princess," his voice was soft, yet commanding, and so I obeyed with a shiver, "That's better."

I wasn't used to having someone who was so eager to please me. Someone who aroused such strong feelings in me, no matter how innocent or plain indecent they were. I breathed out a quiet moan as he slipped two fingers into me without another warning, pacing himself as he slowly pumped them in and out of me.

"Faster," I whispered hoarsely, allowing my eyes to roll into the back of my head as he complied, "Faster, faster!"

Zack's lips were attached to mine the second I let out a rather loud moan, and stayed there, kissing me fiercely. I was quickly approaching my orgasm, and I was sure he could tell, as he began pumping his fingers even faster. I reached out, feeling the sudden need to pleasure him, too as I neared my climax.

I was stopped short by a loud, urgent banging at the door. Zack growled, breaking our kiss and leaning his head against my shoulder as we both removed our hands from each other. I readjusted my underwear and skirt, smiling and breathing raggedly as Zack shot me an apologetic smile.

"What is it?" he all but snapped, looking down at the problem he had yet to fix.

It was Brian's voice, "There's something on the news that you two might wanna see."

"We're coming," Zack sighed, glaring daggers at the door as retreating footsteps could be heard, "Go ahead while I take care of this. I'll be there in a minute." he mumbled, pulling me into him for a kiss, then another, and another.

I giggled, "If you don't quit, I'll never leave!"

"I'm banking on that," he smiled, pressing one last kiss to my lips before removing his hands from my hips. I slid off the desk, hitting the floor with shakey legs, causing him to laugh to himself. I rolled my eyes, playfully sticking my tongue out at him.

With that, I returned to the den where everyone else was. Everyone was crowded around the TV, and I immediately picked on the mood shift in the room. Frowning, I caught Leana's eye and watched as she walked over to me with a solemn expression on her face, "What's going on, Lee?"

At that very moment, the room went quiet, and the group in front of the TV cleared out of the way so that I could see the screen. The BREAKING NEWS headline caught my attention, and I watched as the reporter described some crime that had just happened. I felt sorry for the owners of the house that had been completely ransacked, though I was confused as to why nothing in the place had been taken.

I could hear my phone ringing in the distance, but ignored it as the news anchor continued to speak, "Attempts to contact the owner of the apartment number seven-twenty-six are being made, however officials have yet to get in conact with the owner. As for the rest of the apartments in the Casa Monterrey block, owners have been informed of the situation at hand and are taking caution in the event that the culprit returns. Anyone with any information should contact the local authorities."

Casa Monterrey? Apartment 726? But that was--

I froze, and I could hear Zack's low curse from behind me.

That was my apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
UH OH! What's going on? I'm beasting y'all with these cliffhangers, huh?
Stick around for the next update on Wednesday. And if you haven't already, check out the new Matt story. I'll be updating that soon, too. ;)
Comment and subscribe?