Cursed

Finn.

Every day after I told Kieran what I was, I regretted it more and more. He wouldn’t look at me, wouldn’t talk to me or even acknowledge I was there.

But, no matter what, I didn’t want him to see the monster that I was. It was hard enough just to tell him and perhaps I should’ve counted my blessings that he didn’t believe me so I could spare him from learning the truth behind the illusion of the human world. That there were beings such as I.

But I missed being with him and kissing him, even though I knew it wouldn’t last and that it was presumptuous to want any more or to think I was entitled to it. It hurt so bad every time he ignored me, but even so, I continued to say hello to him and tried to talk to him.

Even Shailey knew something was up and when she confronted me, I just told her that I had lied to him. She didn’t question it any further after that.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I curled up in my bed, wishing Kieran were sleeping next to me. I used to worry so much about his scent before and now I never did, he still smelled amazing to me, though and I couldn’t resist his face or voice either. And before I knew it, I began to like him so much, on his own merits. I wish I were entirely human, I wish there were some way to just… not ever be a werewolf again. I’d give up everything I was just to be with him.

I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t cried over him, because I have. I have a lot. But it was my fault in the end, entirely; I had no one to blame but myself.

I sighed and tried to get to sleep but realized I couldn’t because it was so early.

All I wanted to do since the fight with Kieran was sleep, probably out of depression or something. So it was still only around seven.

I decided to go out and run. I needed to give my mind away and just think of nothing as I was always able to do as a wolf. I know I’d end up just going to Kieran’s out of instinct, but I didn’t care. I didn’t care that it would just hurt me more that way. Maybe I deserved to hurt.

I let the transformation take place as I dropped out of my window and onto the patio before I took off into the woods.

I ran for about fifteen minutes before coming to a halt. I could smell Markus. He’d made no move to cover it up and it smelled fresh.

I feared for Kieran’s life and less for my own. I didn’t care how much he hated me, I just had this feeling, like another sense, that he was in trouble.

However, when I approached his house, all the lights were off, yet I could smell Kieran and Markus everywhere. I rushed around the house to the front door. I was much too flustered to revert into a human again so I just slammed into the door a few times before it busted open.

I stared in horror as I saw the sight laid out before me. Kieran was being bound by a mangled, inhuman monster. It smelled like Markus, but… there was no way. He was neither human nor wolf. His flesh was burdened by sin, being marred and tangled into the beast he was inside. He could no longer maintain a pure transformation. His link to the world of nature had been severed as soon as he had the intent to commit an impure, human sin.

Mom told me about that once and said that was why we could never go against our human rules or we’d become… that.

The rage that filled my body so completely propelled me to sink my teeth right into the flesh of my uncle. He screamed out and released Kieran with a thud as he turned his attention to me. I growled as him with the most menacing growl I could muster. His half-transformed face just smirked at me. Then he turned around and prepared to strike Kieran. I darted straight past him in an adrenaline rush that placed me right on top of Kieran as his claws raked painfully across my back. I whined as a dog would after getting kicked. It was out of instinct.

I could feel the blood matting my fur.

“We must maintain a pure race!” Is all he shouted before he took another swipe at me as I hovered over Kieran’s body, protecting him from the blows.

“Stop!” I heard the shrill scream of none other than Shailey. Just then Kieran awoke and let out a sharp gasp attempting to scoot away from me, fear in his eyes. It was just the way I pictured his face would look if he ever found out. “My parents will be here any moment. And the punishment they have in store for you is much worse than anything you could ever imagine.”

And then he took off, probably catching the scent of her and realizing just who her parents were.

I just felt so dizzy, so very dizzy and tired. I could feel my form begin to break and morph back into a human’s likeness.

“Finn…?” I heard Kieran breathe as I laid uselessly on the floor.

“You weren’t s-supposed to see me like this…” I whispered before my eyes just shut against my will.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke up with a start before being pulled back down by the overwhelming pain in my back.

“Finn!” I heard Kieran’s voice call out. For a moment I thought I was still in his dark house being attacked by Markus.

But when I saw that he was perfectly okay, I let out a sigh of relief.

“Aren’t you afraid of me?” I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

“Why would I be!? Finn… you saved me and I… I said all those terrible things to you and I thought you were lying,” his eyes filled with tears in seconds and then they flowed over. “I’m so…. So sorry…”

“You should be afraid,” I said. “I’m a monster…”

“Monsters never protected anything though… because they have nothing to protect,” Kieran said before leaning over to kiss me, the taste of his salty tears lingering on my lips long after he pulled away.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3