Cursed

Kieran.

I’m dumb founded after Finn leaves. He had shocked me, appearing out of no where like that. For a second, I didn’t even know it was him. The fangs and claws didn’t bother me, to be honest they kind of worked on him but when he grabbed me…I didn’t see it coming.

And that kiss…it wasn’t like our others. He had applied so much force like he felt if he didn’t I’d disappear. It was rough and I didn’t like it. Finn normally always makes me feel on top of the world but…I was actually scared when he grabbed me so roughly…

I reach up to run my fingers over the mark. It hurt when he had done it but it’s really such a small thing. It actually looks like something a cat would do while playing with them. There was a small amount of blood but it stopped almost immediately.

“Kieran…Kieran, is that you?” Moms voice calls from inside the house. She opens the door and lets me inside. She notices the cut on my arm but I just make up a lame excuse that it happened earlier today while at the mall.

While upstairs, I sigh and fall back onto my bed, continuing to run my finger across the sore area of my arm. I’m not sure what to think. I mean…he had to have done it on accident. He told me it’d be safer if he weren’t around me during the full moon and that must have been why. I’ll have to talk to him about it in the morning.

~

“Shailey…where’s Finn?”

The girl hums and shrugs. “I thought you knew…he called me this morning and asked if I could drive myself and you to school.”

“Why? Isn’t he coming?” I may have spat that out more than asked it because Shailey had obvious concern written all over her face. I’m sure she would have turned to me and started asking questions if it weren’t for the fact that she’s concentrating on driving.

“I don’t know…why? Did something happen?”

I sigh and fall back into the passenger seat. My hand softly grazes over the fabric covering my now scratched and slightly bruised arm. I had no intention of telling Shailey what happened or letting her see so I purposely wore a long sleeved shirt today.

I bite my lip and try to just seem curious while asking, “Are Finn and his family…moody on the full moon? Like, what happens to them?”

Shailey, thankfully, seems to think I’m just being curious and doesn’t ask me why I want to know. “My parents told me they are easily worked up. Their emotions get a bit bunched and they can lose themselves and not think logically. It’s why it’s best for them to stay away from humans on that night.”

Once Shailey and I arrive at school, we go our separate ways. I don’t notice Finn’s car anywhere and that makes me worry. He isn’t going to try avoiding me again, is he? I’m sure last night was just because of the full moon. I groan at the thought of having to chase him down. Please, don’t do this again, Finnegan!

Walking into first period I notice a specific someone is absent. Growling, I take my seat and tap angrily against the desk. Not again. That fucking prick is avoiding me, isn’t he? I don’t want to do this again. Can’t we just talk this out? It’d be so much easier!

But it appears Finn doesn’t think the same way I do. Of course he doesn’t, there is no one as smart as me but Finn can at least try! I should be like his role model. He should try to be this awesome even if there’s no way to succeed. Back to the point though…

Finn wasn’t in first but I saw him later that day in the hall, which means he had skipped first. I tried going to talk to him but the moment he saw me his eyes went wide and he bolted in the opposite direction. I knew there was no way of catching up so I didn’t bother.

And that has happened twice today so now I’m sitting in eighth period with my hand raised. Once I get the teachers attention I ask for a bathroom break. Since he doesn’t realize how close it is to the end of the day, he lets me leave. I, being the genius that I totally am, make my way outside to the student parking lot where I search until I find Finn’s car.

Yes, I know. I am the fucking bees-knees. Although I have never understood that saying. What’s so cool about bees knees? Do bees even have knees?

Anyways, I wait patiently for the sound of the bell, signaling it’s the end of the day and Finn should be arriving any minute. The boy stares dumbly at me when he sees me waiting by his car, tapping my foot impatiently with my arms crossed like an angry mother.

“Finn, you are going to talk to me,” I order, pushing away from the car and advancing towards him.

Finn shakes his head stubbornly. “No…we shouldn’t…I should just get home.”

Finn goes for his car door but I slam my hand against it and I don’t know if it’s the glare I’m giving him or the fear of hurting me again that makes him stop any and all movement. His eyes fall on my arm and I’m sure if he could he’d rip the sleeve off to examine the area.

“About last night,” I whisper. “Shailey did kiss me on the cheek and I’m sorry if that made you mad and I know you were worked up because of the full moon and that’s why you did what you did.”

“The full moon isn’t some type of excuse!” Finn shouts angrily but the anger seems to be directed at himself rather than me. “I still shouldn’t have done it. I hurt you.”

“It’s barely a scratch. You’re overreacting.”

“I’m not…because what if next time I do something worse. I swore to myself I’d protect you but I ended up being the one to hurt you,” Finn cries, rubbing a fist angrily against his eye. That makes me frown because I know that Finn would never hurt me on purpose but how can I make him realize that?

Sighing, I reach up for his face, cupping it delicately. He looks like he’s ready to just break down and cry and I want to laugh at how serious he’s being. I smile instead and lean up to press a lingering kiss to his lips. He kisses back desperately. When we pull apart, I rest my forehead against his.

“What happened was an accident. It doesn’t even really hurt so please don’t ignore and avoid me. I hate it when you do that.”

Finn, after what feels like an eternity, finally gives in. He wraps his arms around my waist and pull me flush against him. I let out a content sigh and snuggle into his warm chest, loving the feel of his arms around me. He really has to make things so complicated and get me worried.

“Sorry…I just don’t want to hurt you, Kieran.”

“Well think of it this way!” I chirp, reaching behind me for his hands. Finn smiles as I bring our hands between us and intertwine our fingers, lovingly kissing each fist and smiling. “You may not be hurting me physically but when you worry me like that you’re hurting me emotionally so…you should just not be a total penis muncher and talk to me when something bothers you. Ok? Ok, glad you agree!”

Finn chuckles, “I don’t remember agreeing.”

“You don’t have a choice. If you say no I will roundhouse kick you into the nearest object…which will be your car and I don’t think your parents would appreciate such a large dent in your car.”

Finn laughs before sighing and resting his head in the crock of my neck. Once again, he wraps me up in his arms. I don’t know how long we just stand there in a warm embrace but it’s long enough for my cell to go off. It’s from my mom, she’s probably wondering where I’m at.

“We should go,” Finn says, getting into the car and allowing me to jump into the passenger seat.

“So no more avoiding me, right?”

Finn nods. “Sorry, I won’t.”

“Good! Now lets go home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Finn and Kieran
They're adorable aren't they?
Yes yes they are. Don't disagree with me.

Comment&Subscribe?