Cursed

Kieran.

“This better be some kind of bad joke or I’m gonna cry.”

“I overheard them speaking with my parents,” Finn growls while glaring at the ceiling. “This is serious, Kieran. Shailey’s parents are going to watch us like hawks now and they’re going to try and get Shailey to tell them what’s going on. We’re really going to have and watch our backs.”

I scowl and unhappily take my seat at my desk. “Yeah, I know…but they’ll get off our back eventually, right?”

Finn shrugs. “Probably, if we get rid of their suspicions but that could take a while.”

“So…what should we do?” I ask, hoping that Finn and I won’t have to give too much of the time we have together. It’s going to be hard enough just watching out for Shailey’s parents. Now I’m going to have to be less affectionate with Finn too because they seriously could be anywhere.

I don’t understand why they have to have such dumb rules. It’s obvious that Finn is just fine with me. He isn’t some ravenous beast that’ll kill me as soon as look at me. He isn’t mean or scary. There’s nothing, on the outside, that is unique or different about him. So what if he’s a werewolf and so what if I’m a human. It shouldn’t matter and I don’t think I’ll ever understand why it does.

People are just dumb and fear anything they don’t understand.

I just want to be with Finn, is that too hard to ask? I want to be around him all the time. I want to see him smile and hear him laugh. I want us to hold hands and cuddle. I want to feel his arms around me. I want to kiss him any time I want for whatever reason or no reason at all. Why can’t I have that? I’m really not asking for much!

This is making me depressed.

“Kieran,” Finn calls, breaking me from my thoughts. I hum and turn to face him. He looks concerned. “What’s wrong? You’ve got a look.”

“A look?” What the hell is that supposed to mean? Shit, is there something on my face? I rub my face just in case.

Finn chuckles. “You just got this really sad expression, like a kicked puppy.”

“I feel kicked!” I shout angrily, earning myself an irritated look from the teacher, which I ignore. As if I’d pay attention to it. I do what I want, bro! “I don’t get why this has to happen. All I want is you Finn and what’s so wrong with that? You’re not some monster and you’d think Shailey and her family of all people would understand that. All I want is for us to be able to be together and be happy. Why do they have to try and ruin it?”

I’m staring at my fingers now, which are twiddling with the hem of my shirt. I don’t expect it so when Finn grabs a hold of me, I stumble. However, he catches me and drags me out of class. Our teacher is shouting after us but Finn disregards her.

“F-Finn?” I ask, wondering why he’s dragging me down the hall then into the boys bathroom and into an empty stall. I am about to make a perverted comment because it’s honestly too good to pass up but Finn has his lips over mine before I even have a chance.

I moan into the sudden kiss and throw both arms over his neck, twisting one of my hands into his hair to help better angle his better for a deeper kiss. The kiss is a bit of a mess, our tongues desperately trying to fight with the other for domination before calming down to dance together. The breath is knocked from my lungs and I’m gasping once he pulls away to rest his forehead against mine.

“W-What was that?” I really wasn’t expecting it.

Finn hums and caresses my hips. “I’m sorry, Kieran. If I weren’t the way I am then-”

“Shut up about that. It has nothing to do with you being a werewolf. It has everything to do with a humans incapability to accept something they can’t and refuse to understand.”

Finn laughs and I angrily kick him in the shin. Why is he laughing? I’m being cereal here!

“Sorry, it’s just shocking to hear something like that from someone as dumb as you.”

“Bro, you are digging yourself a grave!” I holler, angrily pounding my fists against his chest. I was trying to sound smart and make sense and hopefully make him feel better but he teases me! Fine, I see how it is. No more Mr. Nice Guy!

Finn grasps my puffed out cheeks. Pouting, I glare so he knows I do not appreciate his actions. The boy smiles and lovingly strokes my cheeks and just like that I’m not mad anymore. I can’t even remember why I was mad in the first place. Finn is just staring at me with such affection that it makes my toes curl. The way he holds me so delicately and kisses me like I’m a fragile jewel, it makes my skin tingle.

With his lips pressed to mine, Finn whispers four little words, that aren’t so little and that makes tears prick my eyes. “I love you, Kieran.”

I think he thinks something is wrong when he sees a few of the water works fall. Panicking, Finn starts to stutter some strange fucked up apology that sounds more like gibberish than anything else. When I hear him so flustered and so worried it makes me really believe what he said.

How couldn’t I? He treats me so delicately all the time. He always feels bad about such silly things. He holds me like I’m the most important thing in the world to him and I can’t believe that he isn’t telling the truth.

Sniffling, I laugh and grab his shirt, pulling him into me so I can whisper against his heart, “I love you more, Finn, more than anything in this world, the next or any other.”

Finn almost crushes me against him with the grip he has around my waist. I don’t care though because feeling him shaking just a bit from nerves makes me feel good. Knowing that I make him so nervous and work him up this much, it makes these feelings inside me even stronger. I sigh, contently, and kiss his neck over and over until he finally leans down for my lips.

As we’re kissing, something hits me and I giggle into his mouth. Finn pulls away and stares at me oddly, the boy who suddenly cracks up into hysterically laughter. “Hey…oi, Kieran…what’s so funny? Are you okay?”

After regaining my breath, I say through my laughter, “We just admitted that we loved each other in a bathroom stall!”

Finn doesn’t find it as funny as I do. “I don’t get it…”

“Of course you wouldn’t because you, sir, are dumb.”

“Says the one who believes gnomes steal his socks.”

“They do! Finnegan, how dare you say that with such a non-believing tone! They’ll come after you next!” And when they do I am so not helping him!

Finn finally laughs. “Sure they will.”

And again I’m pouting but when I feel Finn hold me a little tighter and rub my shoulders, it disappears. He kisses the side of my head, then my temple, then my nose and then my lips. A very deep red blush appears on my cheeks when he looks me in the eyes and repeats, “I love you.”

“Mm…love you too…jerk.” I smile and so does he. There are butterflies in my stomach and I’m sure Finn is the same way.

I’m glad he told me now because I have a feeling it’s only going to get harder from here on out…but as long as we have each other we’ll get through it because that’s just how it is. Love triumphs everything, right? That’s how all stories are.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh they said the L word!

Comment&Subscribe?