Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Great to See You Again.

"...and when I was going to sit down next to you," Frank was telling Jamie. "That's when I saw him."

"But how could you see him?" Jamie asked. "He doesn't even go to our school! He told me himself that he attends a different high school."

"Whatever he did, he came to ours," Even though he was talking to Jamie, he was looking out the window.

Jamie put her arms around him and buried her face in his chest. "Frank, I'm afraid of what he might do next."

She has never really said to anybody that she was scared because she rarely was. Jamie took risks and had the courage between any situation. If something was going bad, she would either say "Let's try to do something" or "I'll help you". But never has she said the words "I'm afraid".

Frank held her close and tight. "That's why I'll be here with you. Not only me, but Gerard and Mikey also."

The warmth of his arms calmed Jamie's concerns and she felt even better when he told her that Gerard and Mikey would help too.

She changed the subject. "We need to go to the music store."

"Why?"

"Because last time, I went to get that Iron Maiden CD for Gerard and I to listen to," she answered. "I didn't buy it."

"Well, let's get it then," Frank put on his jacket while Jamie put on hers. Then they headed downstairs.

To make himself feel more relaxed, Jake decided to get a new CD, that way he could forget about how mad he was and that he needed to feel sane again.

But at the music store, he didn't find anything that he wanted. Not even the bands that he actually listened to.

He still has his mind tied to Jamie. He was concentrating so much on his thoughts, he was pulled into them and was now trapped. Then his mind brought up another thought. This time, it was of Nicole.

Nick.

Why had she betrayed him like that? He thought they'd always be happy together, but she only thought of it best to be his friend. It was surprising to Jake that she was brave enough to still want a friendship after what they've been through.

Jake immediately shoved that memory aside and his train of thoughts were disturbed by the sound of the store door open. He continued to stare in that direction because in walked a girl with black hair and purple bangs.

It was Jamie! Jake felt adrenaline rushing through his body as he rubbed his eyes to make sure that it wasn't a dream or an illusion to him that he was actually looking at the girl that he'd thought he'd never talk to again.

It was an omen, he thought. Without thinking, he spoke words.

"Hey," at the sound of the greeting, Jamie spun around to find the person she dreaded to want to see. Of all the people to run into her, it had to be Jake.

"Oh, uh, hi Jake," she heard the words flow in an uneasy way.

"Great to see you again," he couldn't believe that he was doing so well in this casual conversation.

"It's nice to see you too," she turned the other way and continued to walk up the aisle that was full of CDs and tried to find what she was looking for.

Frank was on the other side of the small store. He glanced at Jamie who gave him a look that she needed his help and he knew that something was wrong. He scooted his way through a few people that were blocking his path and finally reached his destination and butted himself into the talking.

"Did you get it?" he asked, referring to the CD.

"Yeah, I found it," she said, suddenly realizing that she was holding it in her hands and was relieved to find an excuse to leave. "Jake, this is Frank."

Jake nonchalantly waved, mad that he had to come along with her just when he was about to think that he could get alone time.

"Well, I better pay for this at the register."

She walked over to register, but still felt Jake's presence around her and knew it was time for her to leave.

Before Frank and Jamie headed out the door, deja vu struck Jake as he stopped her again. "Where do you live?"

He already expected that answer that she would give him.

I'm sorry, but I can't really tell you.

Jamie expected to say this as well, but suddenly hatched up a plan that involved her having to observe him so she would know what his antics would be. She knew that it would be an excellent idea for her to trick him into giving her information. One slip-up from him and he might go to jail.

So she told him the address and even invited Jake to hang out with her and the guys on Saturday.

Jake was overjoyed at finally getting a chance to get her. His plan had actually came into action unexpectedly.

"Why did you tell him?" Frank asked as they walked to car. "Aren't you afraid that he might go crazy about this?"

"Don't worry Frankie," she gave him a scandalous grin. "I'll explain later." She opened the car door and closed it.

So the game's begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Looks like Jamie's got tricks up her sleeves.

Comments!

-Aliya