Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Sleeping Under the Stars

Jamie glanced at him. "Seriously?"

"I'm as serious as serious can be," Frank let out a wide grin. "Do you still have that air mattress from camping?"

"Yeah, it's in the basement," she got up from the ground. "I'll get it right now if you want me to."

Frank quickly jumped up to stand. "No, I'll get it. I'm the one that wanted it anyway."

"Okay," she went inside after Frank and walked in on her brother sitting on the couch and eating popcorn. He hadn't noticed that she entered the house and she decided to give him a scare since the living room was dark and he was watching a scary movie. She slowly tip-toed behind the couch and blurted out, "Hi Kevin!"

Kevin jumped at the sound of the outburst and popcorn flew everywhere and landed on him, the floor, the couch, and Jamie.

Ignoring the food that hit her face, Jamie dropped to the floor, laughing in satisfactory that she got her brother to scream like a girl and made him get frightened to death. "You were so]/i] scared! That was hilarious! For a moment there, you sounded like you belonged in that movie."

Her brother snarled at her. "Very funny."

Jamie took a deep breath after her lungs ached from laughing so hard. "It wasn't funny. It was hysterical."

"Well, I guess it was a little funny," Kevin smiled a little bit, remembering his scream.

"You better clean up this mess before Mom gets home. You know how she could be when we mess up the living room."

"You need to help."

Jamie put a piece of popcorn in her mouth. "Why do I need to help you? You're that one that spilled it."

Kevin began to pick up the popcorn that was spread on various parts of the couch. "And you're that one caused me to spill it."

Defeated, Jamie started to gather up the popcorn on the floor while her brother got the popcorn on the couch. Frank came into the room, holding the bag with the air mattress in it and watched as the two siblings were cleaning.

"What happened here? Did Kev spit out all the popcorn?"

Jamie laughed. "No, I scared him and he jumped out of his seat. Now we need to clean it before my mom totally kills us for buttering up the living room carpet."

"Remember, that was your fault," Kevin reminded her.

"Just shut it."

That night, Jamie's parents had agreed to let her and Frank sleep outside and they set up the air mattress and were bundled up in three warm blankets that saved them from freezing to death in the cold.

Jamie dreamily gazed up at the sky that was filled with stars. "Frankie, this was your greatest idea ever."

"It kinda feels like we're camping, doesn't it?" he asked.

"Yeah, it actually does," her eyes began to get heavy as she felt exhausted from the day that she had from all the planning, worrying, and cleaning.

Being outside with Frank and looking at the sky made all of those problems disappear from her life and she could only think happy thoughts. Negativity couldn't break it. She fell asleep to the feeling.

But a nightmare destroyed her peaceful sleeping.

She was in a dark hall and she was running. Terror in her veins as she continued to escape the horrifying person behind her.

"Come here, you fucking bitch!" he yelled behind her. "You can't run forever!"

Yet I can! She thought. She didn't feel tired and began sprinting as she saw a door just a couple of inches from her.

She opened it and began to run out, but was dragged back in from the mysterious stranger that had been chasing her. But he wasn't a mysterious stranger.

"Let go of me, Jake!" she struggled to break free from his arms.

He tied her to a chair and her cries of help weren't heard. Jake laughed like he was a maniac.

"You belong to me now, Jamie!" he yelled.

"No I don't!" she shouted back. "Any minute now, somebody will be here to rescue me from you-you fucking lunatic!"

He took it as more of a compliment and left the dark room that he put her in.

She began to lose hope that she will be saved, until the door opened and in came Frank.

"Frank, I knew you'd be here to save me!" she thought of him as her hero.

He started to untie her, but she heard him gag and he fell on the floor and she stood there in horror as she saw that he was stabbed by a knife.

Jake continued with his evil laughter. "Your lover is dead and now you have no choice but to be with me!"

Tears stung Jamie's eyes as she looked at the body on the floor.

"No!"


And that was the end of her nightmare.

Somehow, Frank could not sleep either. Like Jamie, he thought about all the things that had happened to him and he was very suspicious of this stalker that was making Jamie nervous. He didn't want her to get hurt and would have to protect her from any harm that could come. His eyes opened and he turned to the side of the mattress that she was sleeping on.

Nobody was there.