Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

It'll Be Okay

Frank began to panic as soon as he saw that Jamie wasn't in the bed. He frantically searched around the backyard and checked inside to see if she was in the kitchen or if she was in the living room.

"Jamie?"

She wasn't out in the backyard and she wasn't downstairs. So he quietly crept up to her room to see if she decided to sleep there, but he still didn't find her.

"Jamie, this isn't funny. Where are you?"

He prayed that she wasn't taken. Was it possible that someone could've walked into the backyard and kidnapped her while he was sleeping? But that couldn't have happened. Otherwise, her screams would be heard around the whole neighborhood and Frank would've woken up.

There was only one last place to look. He still didn't check the front yard. Walking around the side of the house, he continued to look around and his guess was right. He found Jamie sitting on the ground and looking up at the sky that was full of stars.

"Couldn't sleep?" his voice made her jump a little.

She turned around to face him and sighed. "I could ask you the same thing."

"What made you restless?" Frank asked.

"What about you?" she continued to interrogate him back.

Frank let out an irritated sigh. "Okay, I was the first one to ask the questions and you'll be the first one to answer the. Now spit it out, Jay."

Giving in to defeat, Jamie answered him. "I had a nightmare."

"A nightmare?" Frank could understand why she had one. "Was it about Jake?"

She shuddered as she thought back at the horrible vision of Frank getting stabbed. "It felt so real. I know that dreams can't hurt you, but I actually had the feeling that it was going to kill me."

Jamie began to explain to him about what happened. "In my nightmare, h-he killed you. I was tied to a chair.......he said I belong to him.......you couldn't save me." She began to stutter on her words and broke down and cried.

Frank embraced her and tried all he could to comfort her and quietly stopped her from crying.

"Jay, it's alright. That was only a dream and it'll be okay."

"But now it's haunting me because I'm thinking about how i's possible that it could happen. Who knows if Jake might get that crazy and kill anyone that I care about? Especially if it's you."

Frank found it hard to comfort her and felt sorry for how terrified she was just by a dream. "He wouldn't do that. That won't happen and I'll always be here for you, no matter what. I won't let him do anything to you and you'll be safe with me, I promise. Jamie, you need to understand that because I've told you this so many times and every time, I meant it."

Jamie found herself crying again as the words flowed around her and brought her into a world of peacefulness. "I understand."

"When I found you gone, you scared the shit out of me," he held her as close as he could. "Don't ever scare me like that again."

They went back inside the house to spend the rest of the sleepless night in her room. While laying in her bed, Frank still held on to Jamie and checked to see if she was okay until he finally heard the pacing of her breathing.

His eyes were beginning to drop also, but before he fell asleep, he whispered one last thing in her ear.

"I love you, Jamie."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter made me cry.

Comments?

-Aliya