Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Welcome to the group

"That's not a good idea!" Gerard said to Jamie after school.

Jamie and Frank were sitting on Gerard's couch while Mikey was making popcorn.

"But it'll help her get used to the group," Jamie retorted.

Frank agreed. "Yeah, Jay's right. That's a good idea."

Gerard glared at Frank angrily. "You're just agreeing because she's your girlfriend."

"No, I'm agreeing because she's got a point. Why won't you invite Kristyn to come hang out with us tomorrow at your house?"

Mikey walked in with a bowl full of popcorn. "Because he's afraid that she won't really like the house, his room, and that we might embarrass him."

"We won't embarrass you," Frank said. "And how are we embarrassing?"

"I don't know Frankie," Jamie said sarcastically. "I think it's because we nearly choke each other with group hugs, tackle each other, and have massive tickle fights."

Frank smacked his forehead and laughed. "We are so embarrassing!"

"I told you!" Gerard said.

Jamie grabbed the bowl. "Who knows? Maybe she's just as goofy as we are. If not, we could make her goofy."

"Whether she likes it or not!" Frank added.

Gerard sighed. "Okay, she'll hang out with us tomorrow after school."

"And if you're going to try to be cool, it won't work," Mikey said.

Jamie and Frank both scoffed. "As if you're cool!"

"Maybe I am."

"Yeah right!"

"Don't make me change my mind!" Gerard threatened.

"We're just kidding!" Frank laughed. "We'll just try to be normal while you try to be cool."

Gerard shot him an evil glare.

"Don't get him started," Jamie and Mikey whispered.

"Kristyn what time are you going to be back?" Mrs. Lorek asked her daughter on Wednesday afternoon.

"Oh, I'll be back at around 8," Kristyn answered.

"What are you gong to do?"

"I don't know. Just hang out, I guess."

"Alone with that boy?" her mother crossed her arms.

"Not just him," Kristyn said. "I'm going to hang out with him and his friends."

"Who are boys," her mother finished.

Sometimes Kristyn wished that her mom and dad weren't always so overprotective to her. It was a miracle that they actually let her have a boyfriend in sixth grade and even let her go to the dance with him. The next year, they became protecting again, not letting her go to the dance with only her friends and not allowing her to go on overnight school trips.

"Mom, there's one girl," she said with irritation. "I swear, I'll be fine."

"Okay, but if anything bad happens," her mom continued. "Just call me or your father."

Kristyn opened the door. "Whatever you say, Mom."

She got into her car, waved to her mother, and began to drive to Gerard's house.

"Why can't you let me grow up?" she said to herself.

Sooner or later, she has to.

"Sorry we ate all the popcorn," Jamie held the empty bowl in front of Kristyn. "But Mikey will make more."

"I never said that," Mikey stood next to her.

She elbowed Mikey. "Just make the damn popcorn."

"Ow," Mikey clutched his stomach. "Coming right up."

Gerard's cheek turned into a shade of pink. But Kristyn just giggled comfortably and politely sat on couch.

Jamie sat next to her. "So, tell us about yourself."

She looked at what Kristyn was wearing. Unlike Jamie, she was wearing flip flops, denim shorts, and a light blue tank top. Her wavy red hair was loose and she had a white purse with her. Jamie was surprised that a girl like her would hang out with them.

"Well, I moved here from California," she said. "I used to live in Rocklin, but I like it more here."

She continued to tell them about her likes, dislikes, her family and her old friends. Jamie really enjoyed hanging out with her and all the guys were comfortable around her. Especially Gerard.

"So, anybody wanna watch a movie?" Mikey held out three videos. A comedy, and romance, and a horror film.

"Let's watch the comedy," Gerard said, giving up watching the horror film because he thought Kristyn didn't like scary movies.

"I feel like watching the horror flick," Kristyn pointed at the movie Pyscho. "Let's watch it."

The group of four looked at each other.

"Hell yeah!"

During the length of the movie, Kristyn always held on to Gerard's arm whenever a scary part came and she fell asleep while resting her head on his shoulder. When it finally was time for her to go, she wanted to walk outside alone with Gerard.

"That was fun," she said to Gerard.

"Welcome to the group."

"I can't wait to see how our date will will end up."

"To tell you the truth, I'm a little nervous," Gerard admitted. "I haven't dated a girl in a long time and I don't know about being alone with you yet."

Kristyn gave him a sympathetic smile and kissed him on the lips, leaving Gerard with a look of astonishment.

"Bye Gerard." she waved.

He had a wide grin on his face and couldn't keep his gaze off her. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Before entering her car, she turned on her heel and made a suggestion for him.

"Let's have a double date with Jamie and Frank on Friday. That way you won't have to be nervous."

"Okay," he replied without even knowing what he said because of him still dazed by her kiss.

"Bye," she said again. Then she drove away, leaving Gerard alone in front of his house when sudden realization hit him.

"Wait...WHAT!?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Gerard's in love!

Any comments? Readers?

-Aliya