Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Dating Who?

"Why can't you come over to my house today?" Jake complained in a very immature manner to Nick.

"I have a date," she told him. "I met him at the mall and we'd really like to get to know each other well."

"When did you meet this guy?" Jake asked rudely.

"When did you get so insecure?" Nick protested. "I met him yesterday after school ended. I didn't have any homework, so I went over to the mall to kill time. He picked up a nice conversation with me and to my surprise, he actually told me he was shy. The next thing I knew, he asked me out."

"What's he like?"

"He's really funny and we both have a lot in common," she said. "He told me that he has a brother. Maybe you should hang out with him sometime."

"I don't think so."

"Listen, I can't be the only friend to you, Jake. At least make some guy friends."

"I will," Jake said. "Not right now, though. But on Saturday."

Nick stopped walking down the sidewalk. "Saturday? What are you doing on Saturday?"

"Okay," Jake began. "I didn't tell you this yet, but I saw that one girl at the music store again."

"The girl you barely know?" Nick exclaimed. "What happened next?"

"She invited me to hang out with her," he said. "Funny that she told me her address when I already knew where she lived. But of course, she didn't know that."

"You know where she lives?" Nick asked incredulously. "Please don't tell me that you're stalking her!"

"That was only once."

"You mean twice! You went to her high school, too!"

Jake's voice got even quieter. "Calm down."

Nick yelled before she caught herself. "Why are you telling me to calm down when you've been doing all this idiotic and obsessive behavior?"

"You don't understand..."

"How should I understand this whole thing! You've got to stop doing this!"

Jake put his hand on her shoulder. "I'll stop. I promise you this, Nick."

"Seriously?"

"I'm serious."

A wave of guilt splashed over Jake as he did the most difficult thing that he never thought he would do to his friend.

He lied.

Trying to change the subject, Jake went back to Nick's relationship. "By the way, what are you doing tonight on your date?"

"Oh, I'm going to see a movie," her frown disappeared. "We're going to watch a romantic comedy."

He turned around and began to walk the way to his house. "I hope you have fun."

"Me too." Nick walked the opposite direction to her home.

Jake stopped in his tracks. "Wait, what's his name?"

From the far distance, he clearly heard her answer.

"His name's Mikey Way."
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh.

What's going to happen when Jake finds out who his brother is? Then what's going to happen when he finds out who his brother's friend is? I sense trouble.

-Aliya