Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Double Date

On Friday night, Gerard called a meeting to get things straight with his two friends joining his date.

"Okay, there are a number of rules that I have for you two on our date," Gerard said firmly. "The first thing is to not make obnoxious jokes. Also, nobody is going to mess around like five year-olds, fight, burp out loud, yell, embarrass me, and most of all fight."

"Uh, you said 'fight' twice," Jamie pointed out.

"Exactly."

Frank put his arm around Jamie. "What makes you think we'll fight? Jamie and I love each other."

"I meant fight with me or Kristyn," Gerard said.

"Do you really mistrust us?" Jamie asked. "We got along with Kristyn really well and I thought you were my best friend, Gerard."

Suddenly, Gerard felt guilty bossing Jamie and Frank around. It seemed that since he was so nervous about his date, he kept on thinking about the negatives instead.

"I'm sorry," Gerard said apologetically. "Of course you guys won't do anything like that. I guess I was just being too shitty."

"Yeah, that's true," Frank nodded.

Jamie smacked the back of his head. "Idiot."

"Ow," Frank rubbed his head where she had smacked him. "I"ll watch what I'll say next time."

"Are we ready to go?" Gerard opened the front door.

"Yeah," Jamie turned to Mikey, who was sitting on the couch, expecting them to leave. "What are you doing tonight, Mikey?"

"While you guys are out," Mikey told them. "I'm going to be here with Nick."

His brother looked at him. "To tell you the truth, we never really saw her. You should invite her to hang out with all of us tomorrow."

"Sure, whatever," he shrugged.

"Adding another person to the group," Jamie said to herself.

"I heard that!" she heard Mikey say while she walked out the door.

She quickly closed it before he could do anything else.

When Mikey started dating Nick, Jamie couldn't help but think all about the coincidences happening.

Wow, I'm getting more girls to hang out with. Strange that it happened this year only.

And now everybody's hooking up.

First it was Frank and I, then Gerard and Kristyn, suddenly it's Mikey and Nick? Strange.

Who will hook up next?


"Jamie are you still with us?" Gerard was knocking on her head.

She swatted his hand away. "I'm a girl, Gerard. Not a door."

"Looks like she's back," Frank smirked. "Now that you're here Jay, can we go now?"

"Just get in the car!"

"Mom, do think this is too much?" Kristyn held a red halter top up to show her mother.

"That's too dressy," her mother answered. "You told me you're only going to have pizza and go to the mall. What you're wearing now is fine."

"Are you sure?" Kristyn panicked. "And what if he doesn't like it?"

"Calm down sweety," her mother said. "I know this is your first date with this boy, but you'll be fine. I'm sure he'll like the way you did your hair and how you're dressed."

Kristyn fixed her hair that was curled by her mother. "You're right, I'm worrying too much. I'll stop panicking now."

Suddenly, there was the sound of a car horn coming from the front of her house.

"He's here!" she grabbed her purse and ran out the door. "Bye!"

"Have fun," her father said, but was interrupted by the slam of the door.

"Just when I thought she'd calm down." her mother shook her head.

"Did Gerard ever tell you that he sings?" Frank asked as their pizza was being placed on their table.

"You sing?" Kristyn smiled at Gerard, but he looked at her like she was crazy.

"No!" he said quickly. "Why did he tell you that?"

"Don't bother trying to cover it up," Jamie gave him a look that he needed to just confess.

Defeated, Gerard began to tell her the story. "Well, I first sang in fourth grade when I was in this school play. Now, I've written a few songs and I've sang only in front of Jamie, Mikey, and Frank. I'm not really open-minded about my singing."

"I bet you sing good," Kristyn said.

"He does," Jamie and Frank said in unison.

"W-would you like to hear me sing sometime?" Gerard stuttered.

"Definitely."

"Aww," Jamie leaned on Frank. "Gerard's blushing."

Gerard got out of his seat. "Let's get out of here and go to the mall."

When they were in the mall, Frank and Jamie went on one side of the mall while Gerard and Kristyn went on the other.

Looking through a few stores, they didn't really buy anything and it eventually got late.

"We need to find them," Jamie said to Frank. "Call Gerard while I call Kristyn."

Frank dialed the number on his cell phone and after a few seconds, he hung up. "Gerard's phone is off. It went straight to voice mail."

"Fuck," Jamie cursed under her breath. "Kristyn's not answering her phone either.

"It looks like we're going to have to search for them," Frank grasped Jamie's hand as he went to one of the stores that he'd expect Gerard to be in."

After searching for an hour and looking through a few stores, they still didn't find them and began to worry.

"Where could they be?" Jamie asked herself then turned to Frank. "We'll search a little more. If we can't find them...I have no idea what I'll tell Mikey."

Still they did not find them after five more stores. Frank worried even more than Jamie did and walked even faster and was ahead of her. Finally, he made a complete stop, causing Jamie to bump into him.

"Found 'em," Frank chuckled.

"And we waisted our time looking in the stores," Jamie said.

Both her and Frank lightly laughed as they looked at Gerard and Kristyn kissing near the restrooms.
♠ ♠ ♠
I enjoyed typing this chapter. =]

Comments=Updates

-Aliya