Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

One Happy Family

Nick moved closer to Mikey. "So, what do you usually do in your spare time?"

"I play bass guitar," Mikey replied.

"So you're a musician?" Nick seemed impressed. "That's so awesome! Someday, can you teach me how to play it? I only know how to play the piano."

"Well, I guess I could give you a few lessons," he said and then deliberately changed the subject. "So, why are you called Nick? Who made up that nickname?"

"My old boyfriend made up that nickname," she answered. "I used to be called Nikki, but when he started calling me that, I stuck to that name."

"Why did you break up with him?" Mikey questioned.

Nick looked away, reliving the horrible argument she suffered from Jake.

"What the fuck were you doing?" Jake yelled as soon as Nick came into his house.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I saw you with another guy!" he could not control himself.

"No, you've got it all wrong," Nick tried to put a hand on his shoulder, but he simply just shoved it away. "I wasn't cheating on you."

"Liar!" Jake's voice began to raise higher. "I saw you hugging him!"

"He's just a friend, Jake!" Nick began to shout also. "Why can't I hug a guy friend?"

"You were messing around with him," Jake accused. "I should kill that motherfucker."

"Don't you dare try to kill him!"

"Shut the fuck up!" he brought up his arm and slapped her hard in the face.

As soon as she hit the ground, she looked up at the one boy who she thought she fell in love with. She was full of fear, an emotion that she never felt when she was around Jake. But he wasn't Jake anymore. He had been replaced by some twisted and dreadful person. She was crying as she glanced at him, his face with no regret. After getting up, she knew what she had to do.

"I'm sorry, but it's over," she finally said to him. "I'm afraid I can't love you anymore because I don't know who you are! What happened to you, Jake?"

It was a weeks before she could ever talk to him or even look at him again. Jealousy had taken over him. His actions had gotten out of control ever since that incident happened. Nick swore to herself that she'd never think about it again.


Yet the memory still haunted her.

"I-I don't really want to talk about it," she said.

"Oh," Mikey felt awkward, wishing that he never asked the question. He put his arms around her, like he was afraid she'd leave him right away.

"We're home," Jamie, Frank, and Gerard came through the door about two hours after Nick had left the house. Mikey was snoozing on the couch, fully dressed. Gerard tried to wake him, causing him to turn over and fall off the couch making a huge thud on the floor.

"Okay, I'm awake!" he yawned. "How was the date?"

"It went well," Frank said. "Until Gee had us worrying because we couldn't find him in the mall."

"Where was he?" Mikey asked.

"He and his girlfriend went near the restrooms to suck face," Jamie chuckled, making Gerard flip her off.

"Shut it," he snapped.

"Don't be mad just because you're in love," Jamie retaliated by flipping him off also.

"Anyway," Frank continued. "The night is still young. Why don't we do what we always do?"

"Movie night!" Mikey shouted.

Gerard nodded. "One day, the movie theater or the video store will be our home."

"One day?" Jamie repeated. "I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Another movie night, another night of me sleeping over."

"This like your second home, isn't it?" Frank teased.

Mikey hugged Jamie. "Yes, so if she ever runs away from home, she'll be here. If she ever breaks out of jail-"

"MIKEY!" Jamie and Gerard yelled.

"Just kidding!" Mikey said nervously.

"If I'm ever in jail," Jamie joked. "You guys would be there with me."

"What makes you think we'll be with you?"

"Because we're the dysfunctional quartet. We'll do any stupid shit together."

Thirty minutes later, they were all cuddled up together on the couch while watching the movie.

"Don't you just love it when we have these nights?" Frank whispered to Jamie.

"Yeah," Jamie whispered back. "We're like one happy family."

"That's dysfunctional family to you," Mikey corrected.

"And imagine what's going to happen to our 'dysfunctional' family when everyone hangs out together," Gerard said.

Jamie and Frank glanced devilish looks at each other.

"Tomorrow will definitely be interesting," Jamie and Frank said in unison.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder what's going to happen.

So sorry that this took a while! Please comment! My updates become more stronger. =]

-Aliya