Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

My Best Friend

Jamie had that strange feeling that she was being watched. It came to her when she was standing, looking for the CD that she wanted and just had to get. Not only had she saved up her money for it, but she promised someone she's get it for the both of them.

But then she realized she was right when she heard footsteps approach her from behind. It turned out that the person that was staring at her for the past few minutes was a guy that seemed to be the same age as her. He looked good-looking, with his brown hair and his blue eyes. But there was something in his eyes that gave Jamie an eerie feeling. He just kept looking at her as if he wasn't paying attention to what she was saying. What did his expression mean? The boy seemed so strange that it made her forget about her CD and just ditch the place and go home.

As soon as Jamie got out of her car, she instantly saw her next door neighbor and best friend, Gerard Way walking across his lawn to reach her.

"Hi, Jay,'' he waved, using her nickname.

"Oh, hey Gerard," Jamie pulled him into a hug.

Gerard was Jamie's best friend ever since he was eight and she was six. She first moved to New Jersey and was introduced to Gerard by his younger brother, Mikey. Despite her meeting Mikey first and the age difference, she gained an inseparable friendship with Gerard. They were so attached that they didn't really feel the need to make friends with anybody else. Except for Mikey, of course.

"Did you get that Iron Maiden CD?" he asked. "I was hoping we could listen to it at my house."

"The music store didn't have it," she lied. "I looked everywhere, but no luck."

"Aw, that sucks," he frowned.

Jamie wasn't quite sure if she was ready to tell Gerard about her confrontation with Jake. What would Gerard do if she told him? Would he be protective? Or would he just think of it as a normal conversation?

But what if Jamie told him more details? What would he say to the part when Jake was staring at her whole body and kept on glaring at her?

No, Jamie told herself. I'm just paranoid. This is the first time it happened, but I shouldn't be freaking out.

"So, are you going to stay over for dinner?" she asked.

"Yeah, sure," his frown disappeared. "Then you're coming over to my house?"

"No, I'm gonna fly to the moon," she joked. "Of course I'm coming over. I still can't believe you're still asking after all these years."

"Hey, I was just making sure," he chuckled. "Ahaha, what would we do without each other?"

"Hmm, let me think," she faked a thinking pose. "I'd probably be a stripper who secretly fights crime at night for more money. As for you, you'd be a lonely artist stuck in his basement. Then again, that's already true so you're good."

"Lonely artist?" Gerard repeated, pretending to be offended. "Did I hear what was just said?"

"Ahem, I didn't wonder about some strange alternate universe without my awesome neighbor," Jamie smirked and crossed her arms.

"I was trying to imply a compliment!"

"And I implied one, too. Thanks for being sweet about it," she laughed and linked her arm with his. "Shall we go inside, Mr. Way?"

"Yes we shall, Ms. Dawson," he straightened his back and attempted to slick back his hair.

They walked inside of Jamie's house that was full of the aroma of food that was still being cooked in the oven. She was greeted by the warm welcome from her mother, who looked a little sweaty with an apron and two oven mitts added to her appearance.

"Hi Jamie!" she hugged her daughter and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Her attentioned then turned to Gerard. "Hi Gerard. You always seem to be getting taller!"

"Thanks, I think I'm catching up to Mikey," he smiled as Jamie giggled.

"Mom, do you need any help?" Jamie asked.

"Dinner's almost done, so all you need to do is set the table," her mother untied her apron and removed her mitts. "I'll call you when I need help."

"Okay, we'll be upstairs," Jamie grabbed Gerard's hand and they entered her room.

As soon as she closed her door, Jamie had a couple of things on her mind. First, she was going to tell Gerard what happened earlier during her small confrontation at the music store.

Second, she knew that someone had been watching her.