Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Was it Wrong?

It was the middle of the night, yet Jake was wide awake from his failure. He attempted to sneak into the back, but had absolutely no idea that everybody was in the backyard. Was it wrong for him be breaking and entering? Of course it was wrong, but something in his conscience told him to do it.

When he had threatened Frank, he knew that he would be in deep trouble when Frank left the room. All of them would be inquisitive about what had happened while they were all outside, so Jake had no choice but to leave the house and plot what to do next.

Had he really meant it when he told Frank that he would harm him? If he was out of the way, it would be an easy access to Jamie and she would be all his. But would Jamie really want to be with him after what he just did to her boyfriend?

I'm not going to hurt anyone, he firmly said in his mind. I'm only going to end up with her and that's it. But the question is: How will I do that?

Then he thought about Nick. His one best friend who had eventually gone against him and join the side of her current boyfriend. What was so great about him anyway? He didn't look as cool with his glasses and he barely said anything and seemed too shy. What did Nick see in him? Was it because he was quiet? Has his calm behavior won her over and because Jake had seemed too much for her?

"I don't know why I'm feeling jealousy toward him," Jake sat awake in his room that night. "Nick is only my best friend and I should be happy for her. But truthfully, I'm not."

Do I still love Nick?

No, I don't.


Everybody had forgotten about the bizarre incident that happened in the backyard. The next morning, they all had breakfast and talked about school, homework, and other things that teenagers had on their minds.

But Frank still remembered.

He even reminded Jamie. "Do you think it was Jake that tried to break in?"

"It had to have been Jake," she said. "Who else would break into Gerard and Mikey's backyard conveniently on the same day that Jake got mad at you?"

"Do you think anyone else thought this?" Frank asked.

"Should we tell them?"

"Maybe."

Jamie cleared her throat and everyone's attention was on her. "Guys, I think Frankie and I know who tried to break in last night."

They all stared at her. "Really?"

"It was Jake," Frank confirmed.

Nick looked down at her feet. "Somehow, I had a feeling it would be."

"Why does that jerk have to keep bothering us like that?" Kristyn asked angrily. Gerard put his arms around her to calm her down a bit.

"Because of me," Jamie's voice was shaking. "It's me that he's thinking about and he'd probably do just about anything for me."

Hot tears were streaming down Nick's face. "Jake always has to get his way."

"Well he needs to stop," Gerard said. "Because so far, he's been scaring Jamie and now he's got Frank worrying, too."

Mikey stroked Nick's hair. "Gerard's right. Is there any way that you could talk to him about it?"

"I'll try," Nick wiped her eyes.

Mikey kissed her lips, causing her to feel more better about herself. She needed someone to be there for her at the moment and Mikey was doing all he could to help lighten her mood. There was times when it worked and times when it didn't. This was one of those times that helped.

"I think this is a good time for a group hug," Nick smiled for the first time that morning as she hugged everyone.

"That's the spirit, Nikki," Jamie impulsively thought of the nickname.

"Nikki?" Mikey and Nick glanced at her.

"Is it okay if I call you that?" Jamie asked.

Nick laughed. "It's been a while since I've been called that. From now on, that could be your special nickname for me."

"Cool," Jamie gave her a thumbs up sign. "So are we gonna hang out again today?"

Kristyn was allowed to hang out another day and was happy to start having fun again since she moved to New Jersey. Nick was about to accept the invitation, but just remembered the promise she made to her parents.

"Shit, I can't," Nick gave them an apologetic look. "I told my parents that I'd watch my little sister."

"How old is she?" Gerard asked.

"She's thirteen, why?"

Gerard looked over at Jamie. "Isn't your brother that same age, too?"

"He is," Jamie suddenly thought of the perfect plan that would be great for Nick and Kevin.

"Nick, why don't you bring your sister here?," Jamie insisted. "She could be with my brother, Kevin. They're the same age and he's not really doing anything today. Then you'd be able to be with us."

"That's a good idea," Nick agreed. "She'll like meeting someone new."

Jamie was proud of the plan that she had just set up. Everybody would be satisfied. Nick wouldn't have to babysit and her sister wouldn't be lonely.

And it was a chance for Kevin to finally get a girlfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jamie's playing matchmaker! This is going to be very interesting and I hope you enjoyed this!

-Aliya