Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

The Evidence

Kayla had woken Jamie up early in the morning the next day. Jamie tried all she could to avoid sleeping because of how late she stayed up and tried hard to resist falling asleep on the couch she was sitting on. Kayla wanted to talk to her about the stakeout and she didn't want to talk about it in front of all the adults and other family members.

"What exactly were you trying to do when you were there?" Kayla asked her.

"Spy on you," Jamie yawned. Her eyes were dropping and she almost was in slumber until Kayla snapped her awake again.

"Tell me the whole plan," Kayla frowned.

"I was trying to break you two up," Jamie mumbled.

"What?" Kayla said.

"You heard me," Jamie glared at her. "I tried to break you up. Get it?"

"But why?" she asked.

Jamie smacked her forehead. "You must be naturally blonde or something because I told you Jake was not the right guy to be with. Why do you have to be so god damn stupid?"

"You lied," Kayla said. "He's not bad at all."

"This is just fucking sick," Jamie said to herself. "I didn't lie. He did. Do you trust me or do you trust him?"

"I don't really know," Kayla said quietly. "There's no proof."

"Proof is what you want, huh?" Jamie remembered the tape recorder. "I got evidence for you."

She left the room for a second and ran upstairs to her bag. She searched through the pile of junk and finally found the recorder at the bottom. She ran back down to the living room and handed it to Kayla.

Kayla was puzzled. "What's this?"

"The evidence," Jamie replied. "Go ahead and play it. Just to warn you, these are the words that came from your little boyfriend's mouth to Frank."

"Fine, I'll play it," Kayla hit the play button and listened to Jake's message. Jamie shuddered at the words as if Jake was in the room at that very moment.

"Look, I'm tired of trying to be nice. I don't like you. You have Jamie and she doesn't have me. I'm here to tell you that you need to watch your fucking back because soon she's going to be with me. I'll have to either hurt you or kill you to get to her. Understand?

Kayla's mouth dropped after the whole message was played and Jamie looked at her with a look of grim vindication.

"Still think he's a nice guy?" Jamie asked.

"He said that to Frank?" Kayla could not deny what she just heard and realized her cousin's "accusation" was the truth.

"I can't believe he'd do such a thing."

"Believe it or not, that's evidence."

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you, Jamie," she apologized with a look of guilt.

"I forgive you," said Jamie. "You just didn't know about him that much. I don't blame you. He may have a sweet face, but underneath it all he's crazy."

"Thank you for telling me the truth," Kayla gave her a hug.

"You know what to do now, right?"

"I have to break up with him ASAP."

"So you showed her the message?" Frank asked. "That's all you needed to do?"

The four of them were at Gerard and Mikey's house that day while Kayla was finishing some business with Jake on the last date they would ever have.

"That tape recorder came in handy," Jamie was proud of her work.

"You're telling us that we followed her and watched that lame sappy movie for nothing?" Mikey complained.

"We could have done that in the first place," Gerard grumbled.

"Just relax," Jamie insisted. "At least she gets it now."

"Ah, the positive attitude," Frank said. "Really rare when that happens to Jamie."

"Be quiet," Jamie punched his arm.

"So she's breaking up with him today?" Gerard asked.

"She's probably doing that at this very moment..."

"Uh, Jake?" Kayla put a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah babe?" he turned to face her.

"We need to talk," she said.

Jake had a nervous feeling. That was the specific line that everyone always said when it was time for them to "move on". Was Kayla going to do it?

"There's just something in my heart that's telling me that this won't work out," Kayla began. "I'm only going to be here for the week and then I'm going back to Arizona. Long distance relationships never work, so we should break up."

"You're dumping me?"Jake tried not to look angry.

"I'm sorry," Kayla walked away from him. "Good-bye, Jake."

He watched her disappear and he almost yelled at himself. Even though he wasn't really attracted to her, it still hurt to be rejected. Nick had rejected him and that was what made him fear break ups. His plan to get to Jamie was also ruined and there now wasn't a way to see her anymore.

It was time for another plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jake, just give up!

It's about 12:48 am and I'm really tired right now. I hope you enjoy this update because Kayla finally didn't do something retarded.

-Aliya