Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

We Wouldn't Miss This

As they ran away, Jake felt frustrated.

"Damn, they left," he grumbled.

He had been following them the entire day ever since he saw them at the park. They just so happened to be there at the same time and he though it'd be a good time to follow.

Jake started to get angry when he saw Frank and Jamie with each other. The way they kissed, touched, played around, it sickened him.

He still didn't have an idea for how to get the girl of his dreams. No plan had came and he was beginning to feel like he'd never get her to notice his other side. None of his plans had worked and he was mad at himself again.

After they disappeared, Jake decided to head home and he sulked the whole way with his hands in his pockets. Bad luck seemed to follow him and it had been annoying.

Jake walked through the front door of his house without saying a word to his parents. His father watched him walk upstairs to his room as he sat there in the living room. His wife peered from the window and felt concerned for his behavior.

"He's been so quiet lately," Jake's mother said.

"Maybe something's on his mind," his father didn't seem to think of it as a problem. "He spends all his time away from us."

Jake's mother was serious. "That boy's too distant now and I'm having a feeling something happened and he just didn't tell us about it.

"You're just being paranoid. I'm sure he's fine."

"Well, I'm not dropping this subject. Something is up and I know it."

Jamie and Frank burst through the door while everyone stood there in their jackets. Her father was holding the car keys.

"Sorry we're late," Jamie said while breathing hard.

"We were just about to leave," Mrs. Dawson disapproved of them delaying. "Are you coming with us to say goodbye at the airport?"

"Yeah," Jamie nodded.

"We wouldn't miss this," Frank added.

Everyone headed outside and went into the car while Jamie, Frank, and Kayla were in a separate car. Kayla was reluctant to leave her cousin, but thought it'd be best since she'd be much safer in Arizona. Her body was still aching from all the pain, but she was able to cope with it and think positive.

"I'm going to miss you guys," Kayla spoke to them.

"When will you come back?" Frank asked.

"I'm not sure," she shrugged.

Jamie thought of a suggestion. "Maybe you should ask your parents if you all could come back in the summer. That's only three months away."

"That's a great idea," Kayla agreed to the plan. "I'm sure they'll like it."

"And we'll make sure nothing bad happens," Jamie assured her.

"Nothing will happen," Kayla said. "I don't think I'll trust guys for a while now."

"You just need to wait until you find the right one," Jamie looked over at Frank.

At the corner of his eye, he saw her gazing at him. "That's when everything fun happens."

"Use of the word 'fun' again?" Jamie whispered.

Frank remembered their joke. "That's not what I meant. I meant the fun we had ever since we were kids."

"Oh, I get it now," Jamie laughed.

They all finally arrived at the airport and the flight was going to leave soon in about twenty minutes. The whole family exchanged goodbyes.

"Have a safe flight!"

"We'll see you some other time."

"Take care," Jamie gave Kayla a hug. "I'm glad we worked things out."

"Me, too."

"Jay, I need your goodbye hug!" Zeke lifted her up and hugged her.

"And I need to breathe!" Jamie said.

He put her down. "I'll miss the way you talk to me about music."

"We'll see each other soon," Jamie told him. "I have ways, you know."

"I'm gonna miss your confidence, too."

"Bye, Zeke."

"Bye, Jay."

Jamie gave Kayla and Zeke one last hug and she watched her relatives board the plane. She knew they were now leaving and it was now just her family and Frank.

Frank put his arm around her. "Well, this week was fun."

"And now we have to go back to school on Monday," Jamie reminded him.

"Now that isn't fun!" he groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
I understand what Frank's whining about. I mean, going back to school? That's a pain.

This update came faster than I expected and I hope you all love me for this one. There's still a lot of chapters coming in the future and I'm going to be sad when this story ends.

Again, I hope you enjoyed it and feel free to comment!

-Aliya