Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

I Hate Mondays

I want to go home.

Jamie walked through the halls of Belleville High with tired eyes because of barely being able to sleep. She wasn't quite used to waking up early after one week of restless nights. She was back in school and spring break was now over.

Frank came up to her while she was getting her books out of her locker. "Tired, too?"

She looked at him. His disheveled appearance proved to her already that he lacked on coming to school.

"I hate Mondays," she muttered.

"Welcome to my world," Frank agreed.

"Can't we just fake an injury or something?" she whined.

"I wish I was sick," Frank said.

To their surprise, Gerard came up from behind them with his "indoor" voice. "Good morning, everyone!"

Mikey was behind him. "And how are we today?"

"What do you guys do to wake up early?" Jamie asked while covering her left ear that was nearly screamed into.

"Coffee helps us," Mikey explained.

"That always works," Gerard said. "You guys need it more than we do."

"Shut up," Jamie grumbled.

"You see, this is what we mean when we say you aren't a morning person," Gerard pouted. "Lighten up a little or something along those lines."

Frank groaned. "Summer is in two months."

"So close, yet so far away."

Kristyn came up to greet them. "Hey guys!"

"Hey," they all said in unison.

She looked at Gerard and Mikey and pointed to Frank and Jamie. "What the hell happened to these two?"

"Apparently, they miss spring break," Mikey laughed.

"I miss it, too," Kristyn said.

"We also miss sleeping," Frank added.

"Okay, that's enough complaining," Mikey said to both of them.

"It feels so weird not having Nick with us," Jamie remembered that Nick wasn't there.

"Yeah, she's at the other school," Kristyn replied.

The bell rang, which meant that they all had to head to class. As they all walked away, they didn't notice that someone didn't belong there.

"Class, we have someone new," the teacher introduced a girl with dark brown hair that was the length of just below her shoulders. She was wearing a red tank top and gray skinny jeans and just stood there while all eyes were on her.

"Layla, you could sit next to Jamie," she pointed to the empty seat on the right side of Jamie.

Feeling that she might be shy, Jamie wanted to be nice. "Hi, I'm Jamie."

"I'm Layla," she finally spoke and waved a little.

"I want to get to know you better," Jamie began. "Do you want to sit with me and my friends at lunch?"

Layla smiled. "Sure, I'd like that."

Jamie felt someone kick her chair and she turned around to face Mikey. "What?"

"Are we really going to have her hang out with us?" he asked.

"Yeah," Jamie nodded. "Why, you're afraid you won't get along with her?"

"I'm just not good at meeting new people," he whispered so he wouldn't be heard.

"Mikester, you'll be fine," she assured him. "You met Nick and look at you two now. you'll be fine."

At lunch, Jamie and Layla walked over to their table where Frank, Mikey, Gerard, and Kristyn were sitting.

"This is Layla," Jamie said. "I asked her to sit with us."

"Hey," everyone waved and greeted her.

Layla sat down and felt a little awkward. "Um, hi."

"What do you like to do?" Kristyn was the first to talk to her.

"I like to paint and kind of go to concerts," she decided to say the two main things.

"Go to concerts?" Jamie repeated. "Who's your favorite band?"

"Green day," she answered.

"Really?" Jamie smiled. "I love that band!"

"I know, they're awesome," Kristyn rejoiced.

"We need to go to a show," Gerard said.

"You definitely need to hang out with us after school," Frank said to her, but then she began to have tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Mikey was confused. Did they hurt her feelings or something?

"I-I never had real friends before," she looked up at them. Her eyes were red. "Nobody at my old school liked me because I seemed so different and that's why I moved. People at my school were all the same and picked on me. Since I couldn't handle it, I cried to my parents for us to get away."

"Wow," Mikey thought it was harsh for that to happen to anyone.

Jamie comforted her. "Nobody at our school is like that. We think you're great and so will a lot of people."

Layla wiped her eyes. "Thanks."

"Forget about that shit you had to deal with," Jamie continued. "You've got friends now."
♠ ♠ ♠
They're all so nice to be friends with Layla. =] Are you all glad I updated? It's been a while and I just wanted to update this story before school starts tomorrow. Sorry I didn't update sooner. I was concentrating on my original story. I hope you all liked it as much as I did.

And I hope I made this kind of clear, but Layla is the person that didn't belong. It wasn't Jake haha.

-Aliya