Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Jealousy

Hearing about Layla's past made Jamie feel that she should be more fortunate about her life. Her parents loved each other, she had a very loving brother, and her friends always cared for her because she cared for them as well. She knew that they'd never hate her over something stupid. They understood her opinions and didn't try to deceive her by pretending to be someone they're not. At least Layla told her everything.

Or so she thought.

Why hadn't Layla told Jamie that one secret crush she had on one of her friends? Mikey was so nice to her and he seemed so cute, but she didn't reveal anything about it. Yet she told Jamie everything about her past. The abuse from her father, her parents' divorce, her father's death, isolation from her friends, but not one detail about a stupid, maybe even temporary, crush.

Layla felt stupid for not telling Jamie. Maybe she really was weaker than she thought. She could at least tell Jamie sooner or later at school.

It was great to have friends for a change. Layla thought positive, feeling her life pulling itself together. Eventually, it'd get back to normal and she'd feel like a normal person.

When Jamie came to school that morning, she wasn't as cranky and tired as she was the previous morning and walked through the hallways to find Frank.

He didn't really seem to be sleepy either and greeted her with a hug.

"What's up, Jay?" he said.

"Not much," she replied. "Have you seen Layla?"

"I think," he tried recalling when he last saw her through the halls. "Yeah, she was near her locker."

"Okay, let's go," they both walked around the corner and found Layla grabbing her books.

"Hey," Layla waved at them while struggling to put her books in her backpack at the same time. Mikey was with her, helping her with her stuff.

"Wow, you guys look awake," Mikey teased.

"Ha, ha, that's nice," Frank said sarcastically. "Just shut up."

"Where's Gerard?" Jamie ignored Frank and looked for Mikey's brother.

"Gerard's sick," Mikey answered. "And I tell you, he didn't look very good today."

"I hope he gets better," Jamie said.

"Yeah, me, too," Mikey nodded.

Layla spoke up. "Um, Jamie, I need to talk to you in private."

Walking away from the guys, Layla whispered into her ear. "Today I'm gonna tell them at lunch."

"The truth?"

"Yeah, I think they should know about me."

Jamie lowered her voice more. "Are you sure you want to go through telling your life again?"

"I'm sure," Layla felt confident. "And I forgot to tell you one more thing yesterday."

"What is it?" Jamie wanted to know what other thing that happened to Layla if it had something to do with her past again.

"I kind of like someone."

"Really? Do I know them?"

"It's Mikey."

"Mikey?" Jamie repeated, then her mouth dropped.

"Yeah, but keep it a secret," she said.

"O-Okay, I will," Jamie didn't quite know what else to say because how was she going to react to it? Layla had a crush on Mikey, but he was already dating Nick. There had to be some way to tell Layla that Mikey was taken.

"Actually," Jamie began. "I hate to tell you this, but he...has a girlfriend."

"I haven't seen her," Layla said.

"Yeah, she goes to a different school," Jamie told her.

"Oh, then I understand," Layla responded. "Besides, I kinda knew it was just a crush."

By the sound of her voice, she meant it. Layla didn't mind that Mikey had a girlfriend because she wasn't the jealous type and didn't really know Mikey that well. It was fine just being friends with him.

Jamie then heard coughing. Loud coughing. She turned around to find Kristyn with her arm holding Gerard who looked sort of pale and he looked really sick like Mikey had told them.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Kristyn was saying. "I mean, school hasn't started yet. You could always go back home."

"No, I'm fine," Gerard's voice was hoarse. "I could last."

"Geez, you look horrible," Jamie seemed concerned. "Mikey told me you were sick."

"He is," Mikey sighed. "Gerard, you said you'd stay home."

"That's what I planned before I realized we had a big test today," Gerard coughed again.

"You're really sick," Kristyn said. "I think you should go home."

"What about-"

"She's right," Jamie said. "Now go before I make you."

"Fine," Gerard still continued to cough as he left everyone.

Kristyn shook her head. "Gosh, he's so stubborn."

"That's the Gerard I know and love," Jamie laughed. "He can be difficult sometimes, but that's what makes you care for him."

The bell rang before another word was said and they all knew they had to get to their classes. Jamie's mind was on Layla telling everyone else her story.

Everyone was silent at lunch. Layla had told them all. The only person that wasn't as shocked was Jamie because she had heard it all before, but it still was horrible to hear it all again.

They all had a lot of sympathy for her and she received so many hugs from all of them, but she had learned to be strong once more.

Meanwhile, when school ended, Nick decided to stop by and talk to everyone at their own school. Right when the bell rang, Nick walked out of the building and into her car and began driving to Belleville High.

Many students were exiting the building and Nick looked around for Mikey and the rest of the group to come out. Now that it school was in the way again, she didn't really have enough time to see them because of all her homework.

For the rest of the day, Mikey couldn't stop hanging out with Layla and kept talking to her. He really seemed close to her after learning more and felt that they had a lot in common.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about what happened to you," he was still with her after the bell rang.

"You don't need to apologize," Layla said. "I've gotten better since that time."

"I bet it takes a strong person to put themselves together like that," Mikey scratched his head.

"I guess so," she looked away. "It was really rough the first few weeks."

"Still, I'm just glad you're not fallen apart," he smiled.

"Thanks for being so nice to me" Layla grinned back.

Mikey leaned and gave her a hug, where Nick saw a view of them. There were so many bodies coming out of the building that she saw them from a different point of view and thought they were kissing.

Her blood began rising and she angrily walked over to them.

"What the fuck, Mikey?"

Mikey and Layla pulled away from the hug. "Nick?"

"Who the fuck is this skank?" Nick fumed.

"Wait, you don't understand," Mikey tried to explain.

"Forget it, Mikey!" she yelled. "It's over."

"But-"

"Just forget it!" she shouted again.

She went back into her car and drove off. Layla put her hand on Mikey's shoulder and tried to comfort him. "I'm sorry, Mikey."

"You shouldn't say sorry," Mikey was looking down so Layla wouldn't see him cry.

Layla still felt that it was her fault.

What have I done?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh wow, how long has it been since my last update on this story?

I'm terribly sorry that it took so long! It's been about two or three weeks since I last updated and it's just that I've been so busy. First, there's been all the homework that my teahcers have been throwing at me and I've been packed with so much things to do every night.

Drama has also came back to me and I had a lot of personal problems here. Geez, I thought I escaped it two years ago, but it's taking revenge on me. I currently lost one of my closest friends because she's so damn offensive over my opinions. Don't you just hate it when friends change?

I'm glad that I got my story running up again and glad that I trust everyone here to express my feelings to them. Hopefully, you guys understand me. Has anyone started school yet? If you haven't then you're all lucky for not getting all this work to be done. At least the homework has been low this week.

Anyway, I hope you all had pleasure in this update and loved it. Your comments make me smile lots. Haha, I love being a total spazz. =]

-Aliya

P.S. I can't wait for October! Cobra Starship concert! Yay, I'm being a spazz again!