Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

Almost There

"Jay, my brother needs me there for him," Gerard was debating with Jamie when they all stopped by the house. "Can't you see this is something I should help him with because it's his relationship with his girlfriend that's at stake?"

"And can't you see that it's your health that's at stake?" she folded her arms across her chest and looked at her best friend that appeared so pale. His coughing getting out of control again, along with his body sitting limply on the couch. Gerard put one hand inside the pocket of his hoodie and lifted the other arm to cough into his sleeve.

"Just let me go this once," he faintly retorted.

"Look, I know he's your brother," Jamie fixed his messy hair that was sticking out in different directions. "But you're like my brother, too. Just stay here to get better, okay?"

He just nodded and stayed silent, but Jamie thought back at her disagreement and kind of felt sorry for Gerard. It wasn't fair for him to just stay alone at the house while she treated him like a mother. So she changed her mind and decided to let him go with them.

"I guess coming along won't be so bad," she grinned. "Now get in the car with us. There's a girl out there that needs to take back our Mikester."

Gerard laughed and got up from the couch. He eagerly headed out the door and got into the car as Jamie took the passenger seat, waiting for Mikey to come out the house and drive them to where Nick was.

Meanwhile, Nick wasn't very happy with what she saw a few days ago and knew she didn't have anyone else to turn to. At first, she thought she was alone, only able to heal herself after breaking up with him. Her own pain relied on herself, but that's when she realized there was still somebody there for her. Somebody that still felt sympathy for her, despite what they both went through. Nick wanted comfort from her close friend that she had known for a long time and that certain friend to comfort her was Jake.

"I told you that jerk wasn't good for you," he said. "He didn't deserve a girl like you."

"But he was so sweet and I really cared about him," Nick responded, but balled her hand into a fist. "But then he had to go kiss someone else and I saw it."

"Now what kind of fucker would make his girlfriend so happy and then break her heart by cheating?"

"Would you stop insulting Mikey like that?" she defended.

"Why would you even care anyway?" he was grinding his teeth, hinting some jealousy. "He's just some lousy shit head who makes a total asshole out of himself and goes ahead to ruin everyone's life."

"Jake, you're saying too much," Nick sighed. "Please, just stop."

"I don't have to stop, Nick!" he yelled.

"If you're still gonna be an asshole about it, get the fuck out of my house!" she pushed him toward the door. Jake turned around to face her in disbelief.

"So you're gonna choose him over me?" he shook his head. "Fine, then I don't fucking need you."

"Get the fuck out!" she screamed. "I don't want you here, so just leave!"

Jake gave her one last scowl and turned around, heading back into his car. He slammed his door with great force and drove away, his car speeding down the street until she no longer saw it.

Mikey only concentrated on reaching where he needed to be. Jamie kept watching Mikey's actions and Gerard sat in the back, holding a tissue against his face while he coughed more. Nick lived a little far from their neighborhood, and Jamie could already tell how anxious Mikey was getting. His hands were firmly gripping the steering wheel, but they were shaking.

"Are you okay?" she asked, but Mikey didn't answer.

"Mikey?" Gerard managed to say, his voice muffled from the napkin. "Mikey, are you okay?"

His brother still didn't answer.

"Are you oka-"

"Stop talking!" Mikey finally said. "I'm trying to concentrate."

Jamie spoke quietly to him. "We just want to know if you're alright."

"I'm sorry," his expression looked upset again. "I'm just thinking about Nick. I want to talk to her about all this and I want her to understand."

"We're almost there, Mikey," Gerard assured him. "We're almost there."

Nick's house was only a few minutes away. Apologies were supposed to be made and forgiveness was to happen. It only took one car to ruin everything.

It wasn't your fault, Jake. That car wasn't hit badly.

Jake kept telling himself that he wasn't the one to hit that car, but he knew what the truth was. He didn't care how fast he was driving because of how angry he was at Nick. Jake tried getting away from her so much that his speeding made him crash into a car on the street.

His car only got a huge dent on it, scratching the pain and breaking one of his lights. The other car swerved and the tired screeched, the breaks hit so hard that the car flipped over.

All Jake did was continue to drive down the street. He didn't look back, he didn't call help, and he didn't bother to see if anyone was alright.

He didn't know that Mikey, Gerard, and Jamie were in that car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not a very good chapter to introduce an end to this story's hiatus, but you tell me what you think.
Hey everyone, I'm back into updating this story. How long has it been? About ten months or what? I'm very sorry that it took me almost a year to bring this story back, but I've just been very busy. The reason why I didn't update this story in a while is because when I started this in seventh grade, I payed more attention to this than my grades and work. When I realized how bad I did, I told myself that I'd focus more on school in eigth grade and stopped working on this for a while.
I also submitted some new stories and one-shots. Not to mention, I went through some personal problems in my life and had to deal with that. It also didn't help that I couldn't really finish this chapter because of how long I haven't worked on it. For a few months, I wasn't able to update any of my stories. It wasn't until last month that I started updating again and when I came across this again, I finally was able to give my remaining readers this chapter.
Once again, I'm very sorry for the long wait for the chapter and I really do thank those who have stayed subscribed to this story. :)

-Aliya