Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

It's High School and it Sucks

Jamie and Frank lay on her bedroom floor that night, laying side by side and facing each other while his left hand was linked with her right. Frank had drifted off to sleep, leaving Jamie to listen to his snoring that was growing louder and louder each breath.

She smiled contently as she looked down at their hands. Her hand was in his. Her best friend's hand. Her boyfriend's hand.

You fell for Frank Iero, she told herself, almost smiling wider at the thought of him. Look what you've gotten yourself into.

Her hand slid out of his loose grip and she began to draw circles in his palm. Frank's hand twitched as she still moved her finger in a circular motion until his hand went from open to shut, trapping the hand and startling her.

"Didn't I tell you to let me sleep in peace?" his eyes stayed shut, but he made a face and kissed her hand.

"And didn't I tell you to stop drooling all over the carpet?" she kissed his hand back.

Frank opened his eyes and lifted his head to look at the spot where his head was. "Whatever, my mouth always stays closed when I'm getting my beauty sleep."

"Oh, so that's what you're calling it?" she asked. "Personally, I don't find your snoring and drooling on my bedroom floor very attractive."

"Yet you still love to lay with me," he rolled his eyes. "My sounds and saliva may not be to your liking, but my body is irresistible to you. That's probably why you stay on the floor, right? My body's the perfect pillow and it's hard to sleep on the bed without this."

"Your body takes up too much room on the bed anyway."

"Admit it, you can't stay away from the Iero charm," he flipped his hair and mimicked a seductive look. To add more to his act, he flicked his tongue and posed.

"Nope, it's hard to admit a lie," she crossed her legs and showed an unamused face. "Especially to a porn star."

"Come on, Jay!" he got out of his hilarious pose and pinned her to the ground, Jamie still pretending to look the least bit impressed. "Just agree with me."

Jamie's face went from bored to bubbly and she admitted defeat by laughing. "Okay, you win. Your body is very comfortable and I find you irresistible every day."

"Thank you," he let go of her arms and continued on with the joke. "You know, it's okay with me if you want to feel my muscles."

"Yeah, because your muscles are thick and beautiful," she said with more joy than usual. "I could barely wrap my arms around them. From now on, you should call them guns!"

"That's enough, Jay," he said after the last comment.

"You had it coming, Macho Man."

"Wow, you suck."

"As a matter of fact, I do," she winked. "But sorry, Frank. You gotta go now."

"I don't wanna," he whined and fell backwards on her bed. "Tomorrow's Monday."

"Ugh," she groaned and joined him on her mattress. "Don't remind me."

"Why does it have to be five days a week?" Frank complained. "Can't that be the weekend?"

"Hang in there, Frankie," they got up from the bed and started walking out o her room. "We're going to graduate soon."

"Soon," he repeated. "And tell me when that will be."

"When you get out of my house."

---------

"Jake, aren't you hungry?" Jake's best friend asked him on Monday during lunch. "What's with you?"

He sighed. "I'm not going to lie to you, Nick. But my mind's been on this girl. I met her two days ago and she was really pretty. I-I can't stop thinking about her and I need to talk to her again, so I'm going to sneak over to her school and try to get her to like me."

"What?" Nick asked in disbelief. "You mean you're going there now?"

"I want to get there as soon as possible."

"What school does she go to?"

"Belleville High," Jake answered. "That's only ten minutes away. It'll be quick. Trust me."

"You don't know what you're doing," Nick said. "You barely know that girl and you've already developed feelings for her? Jake, you shouldn't do this."

"You're the one that doesn't know what you're doing," Jake snapped. "She'll start to like me. I just know it."

"I'm not going to stop you," Nick gave up. "but it's still a bad idea."

Jake got up from the table and headed toward the doors. "That's where you're wrong, Nick."

He walked outside and went to his car. He opened the door and got in, started it, and began driving.

Soon, he arrived at the school and eagerly got out.

When he entered the cafeteria, he spotted Jamie and kept a low profile near a huge group of people at a table so he won't get recognized by Jamie.

Jamie was sitting alone at a table. Her hair was up in a ponytail and she was wearing black hoop earrings. Jake couldn't help but notice that she looked even prettier than she did the last time he saw her.

Then he saw Gerard come up to Jamie to sit next to her.

Not him again! Jake yelled to himself.

He continued watching as two other guys that he never knew, sat next to Jamie. This time, it wasn't the guy that he saw before that got his attention. But the guy with shorter black hair that couldn't stop him from getting angrier as he kissed Jamie on the cheek.

So this is her real boyfriend. Jake thought as he tightened his fist so tight that his fingernails were slicing into his palms.

He walked out of the cafeteria fast and furiously got into his car. As he drove away, he cursed the whole time about what he just saw.

"Fuck him!" Jake yelled. "Jamie doesn't deserve an ass like him! Jamie belongs to me."