Status: Currently being rewritten. New readers: Read only up to Chapter 5.

You're My Obsession

I Miss You

"Look at that guy over there," Nick's friend Kira pointed at a lonely teenage boy that was sitting away from everyone else.

"Maybe we should go talk to him," Nick gestured to his table.

"Why would you want to talk to him?" Kira asked rudely. "He seems like such a loner, and I bet he probably won't talk to you. He's a creep."

"You can't assume that," Nick tried to disguise her irritation at her friend and got up from their table in the food court at the mall. "I'll just talk to him myself."

"Okay, but it will be a waste of walking," she got her purse began searching for something in it.

"That's what you think," Nick confidently walked over to the boy that was silently reading a book.

She smiled cheerfully and pulled up a chair next to him. "Hi! I'm Nikki. You seem like you need someone to talk to.

"I'm surprised you decided to," he said depressingly. "A girl that's pretty like you doesn't need to talk to a loser like me."

"You shouldn't call yourself a loser," Nick said. "Why are you so negative?"

He shut his book closed. "Look, it's not easy being the new guy here, once you enter, you get stomped on and all the other guys are just trying to make your life hell so you want to move again."

"I'm sorry you think that way," she frowned. "But what if you hang out with me? You're not such a loser to me."

He smiled for the first time since he arrived in New Jersey. "Yeah, sure. I'm Jake."

"I'm Nikki. Well, I already told you that."

Jake raised an eyebrow. "Nikki? What 's your real name?"

Nick graoned at the question. She wasn't so fond of her real name. "It's what my friends call me. I just don't like my real name."

"Can you at least tell me what it is?"

"I'll tell you later, okay?"

"I could wait."


Nick opened her eyes in her bedroom. She dreamed about when she met Jake. How he was so gentle and nice. But what happened to him after they started to date? He wasn't the same anymore and Nick began to worry about him more everyday.

She closed her eyes, trying to think back at the time when he was so relaxed and carefree.

"Jake! Get over here!" Nick yelled while they were in her backyard.

"I'm coming, Nick!" he ran over to her and gave her a big hug and they both fell to the ground and lay on the grass.

"Don't you just love the summer?" Nick looked over at Jake.

"Not as much as I love you," he kissed her on the nose.

"Awww, you're too sweet," she blushed.

"I am, aren't I?" he smiled. "We better get up because the sprinklers always turn on at this time and it might happen soon."

"You could go," Nick continued to lay on her stomach. "I want to get wet because it's so hot out here."

"Then I'm staying with you."

"Be my guest."

Jake spotted a flower growing out of the ground and plucked it to tuck it behind Nick's ear. "You look good with that flower in your hair."

Nick's cheeks began to get pink again. As if responding to Jake's prediction, the sprinklers turned on and water was pouring on top of both their heads and they just laughed at how they felt so good as the feeling of cool water lightened their moods.

"Now we need to get inside!"Jake grabbed her hand and they began to head inside, almost slipping on their way.

When they got inside, Mrs. Harson threw a fit about them dripping water all over the carpet.

That night, Nick was tucked in a blanket and was laying her head in Jake's lap as he sat on the couch, watching the movie.

"I love watching romantic movies," Nick mumbled.

"Kinda reminds you of us, doesn't it?" Jake looked down at her into her eyes.

"Yes, it reminds me of us," She looked up at him and gently fell asleep.


Nick walked over to her dresser drawer and looked at the picture of her and Jake. They were cheek to cheek and were smiling happily. That was in the summer time and Nick couldn't believe that was only a few months ago.

"Jake, I miss you so much."
♠ ♠ ♠
See, Jake wasn't always so crazy!

They kind of remind you of Frank and Jamie, don't they?

-Aliya