A Little Piece of Heaven

001

“Your hazel green tint eyes watching every move I make.
And that feeling of doubt, it's erased.
I'll never feel alone again with you by my side.
You're the one, and in you I confide”


Those gorgeous hazel eyes stared back into mine as his lips moved with the steady flow of the piano Jimmy was currently playing. I was frozen in place, not moving a muscle under his loving gaze. He gave a small smile, the two identical indents on his cheeks showing and making my heart swell.

I let out a small grin of my own, he was just too contagious. And all mine.

The last few weeks of our final year of high school were rough on our two-year relationship with his ex-girlfriend Val constantly pestering him to take her back. He was torn, a part of him still having feelings for her. For a while I started to think he was going to break things off with me as he started to grow distant, only talking to me when the guys were around and even those conversations were short and awkward to say the least.

We were growing apart, much to Val’s liking. She was with Matt every chance she got, flirting and giggling like a little schoolgirl. I hated it, I hated every minute of it, especially when he laughed along with her, giving her that smile that was reserved for me.

My heartache only intensified when he finally got the guts to break up with me. That day will probably haunt me for the rest of my life.

“Hey Jimbo, do you think Matt’s acting a little weird?” I asked the boy dressed in a kimono and a bathrobe sitting beside me.

Jimmy was the first one I met of the Avenged group, and he was also the craziest.

He ran a hand through his spiked up blonde hair, “Yeah he is actually, but that dude’s always weird.”

I opened my mouth to reply but he suddenly shot up and began to chase a goose by the pond in the park we were situated in.

“STALLION DUCK!”

I burst into a fit of giggles as he tripped and fell over into the water, creating a huge splash. I wasn’t the only one laughing though; I turned as I heard the deep, throaty laughter of my boyfriend. Matt was leaning against the trunk of the maple tree behind me.

“Hey,” I said softly and stood up from the damp ground, brushing off grass shavings from my clothing.

He smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes, “Hi.”

I gave him a curious look, “What’s wrong?”

He sighed as he bit his lip, “I….don’t think this is working out. Us, I mean.”

My heart fell to the pit of my stomach, “What do you mean? I think we’re doing perfectly fine.”

He shook his head, “No, we’re not. I…I-I don’t love you like I used to.”

My eyes watered, blurring my vision of his stoic face, “It’s because of her, right?”

He slowly nodded, “I’m sorry, it’s just…I can’t deny my feelings for her. She’s my best friend; I’ve known her practically my whole life.”

I shut my eyes, feeling the warm tears slide down my flushed cheeks. That last sentence really hurt, I thought I was his best girl friend. We did almost everything together.

“And what about me?” My voice cracked as I willed the tears to go away.

“I’ll always love you, Lisa, just not in that way.”

“Please leave. I want to be alone.”

“Lis-“

“Just go!” I cried out and turned away from him.

Jimmy could find his own ride home.


God, was I a mess after that. Matt still tried his hardest to talk to me but I wouldn’t have any of it. The guys shut him out after they heard what happened. They never really did like Val. Brian was the most pissed out of all the guys; I was his little sister after all.

Within the first week of Matt and Val’s new “relationship” I got a call from Johnny saying that Matt needed me. I was skeptical at first, but agreed when he said it was an absolute emergency.

I raised my fist and tapped on the front door of Matt’s house, crossing my arms over my chest and ignoring the pain in my chest as I heard his footsteps approaching.

He looked like absolute crap to say the least. His eyes were bloodshot, his shirt wrinkled and his body reeked of B.O.

“What happened?” I breathed out as I reached out and touched his cheek. It felt too warm.

“You were right, you were right all along,” He kissed me before I could make out a reply.

My knees gave out but his arms caught, winding around my waist and bringing me closer to his warmth. I couldn’t help but kiss back, my heart pounding a thousand miles a minute as he ran his tongue over my bottom lip, gently tugging on my lip ring.

I pulled away, panting for breath.

“I love you, Lisa Michele Haner,” he breathed out

“I love you, too, Mathew Charles Sanders.”

He smiled and cupped my face in his hands, leaning in for another kiss.


“And we have gone through good and bad times.
But your unconditional love was always on my mind.
You've been there from the start for me.
And your love's always been true as can be.
I give my heart to you.
I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you.

I give my heart to you.

I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you.”


I ignored Val’s glare, the whispers of the student body and made my way up the platform. Matt stepped away from the microphone, smiling as he brought me into an embrace and pressing his soft lips against my own. Gasps erupted throughout our fellow graduating classmates and I could just barely make out the cat calls from Jimmy and Johnny. I smiled into the kiss as the principal yelled at us to stop.

We both pulled apart, our foreheads resting against the others.

“I love you, forever and always,” he whispered

“I love you, too. Unconditionally,” I sealed the promise with the most loving kiss I could muster.

This is what heaven feels like.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty short, but it was my first. Hope you enjoyed. Please comment!