Sequel: The Other Woman
Status: Completed

Black Sheep

Chapter 20

I walked into work and as soon as I walked in, made my cup of coffee and sat down, I knew it would be a stressful day. I had a huge pile of paperwork to fill in for my new role, and I had a huge pile of post-it notes with various numbers and names that meant nothing at all to me. There was a huge bustle in the office, calls made, leads followed, all to which I paid no attention, while I called people and ticked and signed boxes on forms. I worked straight through my lunch hour, calling back people who just wasted my time. The forms just repeated themselves, every single of the 1,285 pages (I counted them).
“Look, I think you should go home a bit early tonight, you look shattered.” Alison said to me at about 2 o’clock.
“I can’t I’ve got to get this done.”
“It can wait.”
“It can’t, you know what I’m like. How can I be out there finding the newest stories if I have this to do tomorrow?”
“Fair enough.” She shrugged and walked off back to her desk. At about four that afternoon a cup of coffee and a muffin was placed on my desk.
“You need to eat something,” Alison said “Look most of these forms just need to be filled out in HR so there’s not much that needs to be done. And we haven’t celebrated your big promotion yet.”
“Can we do it some other time? You’re right, I’m knackered.”
“Listen, you really should get home early tonight.”
“You sound like you know something I don’t,” I said chewing on the end of my pen.
“Nope, I just think you should relax a bit.”
“Fair enough,” I sighed and sipped my coffee.

I made it all the way back to Kensington and into the living room before I sighed and eventually finished my day.
Kate came running in as if to say something, giggled then went back to the kitchen.
“How was your day Bex?” she said, walking back into the front room with two cups of tea.
“Very stressful; I didn’t even do anything productive, I just had forms to fill out.”
“Well at least you’re home now for the weekend.”
“Yes! I’ve been looking forward to this weekend since I woke up on Monday morning.” We both giggled. “We should have a party for Harry when he gets back.” I suggested. Kate smiled to herself.
“That’s such a good idea. Let’s make it a surprise party!”
“Yes! When does he get back, I know it’s sometime next week but I don’t know what day?” Kate smiled to herself again.
“Next Tuesday I think.” She was still smiling to herself as we went through venues and guest lists.

The night carried on with party preparations until we got our nightly call from Harry.
“Hello darling, how was your day?” he started off. The sound quality of the call sounded different tonight.
“It felt like I would never get home. I’ve had forms left right and centre and people just wasting my time. What about you?”
“Just a quiet day really, I haven’t been out much.”
“How long until you’re back? I miss you so much”
“Well turn around and you’ll find out.” His voice sounded like it was there, but he couldn’t be here, could he? With a confused expression I slowly turned around to see him stood in the doorway to the living room in a pair of jeans and a dirty t-shirt. I burst into tears and launched myself at him. I can’t put into words that feeling that after four and a half months in one of the most dangerous places in the world, he was there, stood in the doorway.
“I guess you missed me then.” His voice cracked slightly. I could do nothing but cry and nod into his t-shirt. After a few minutes of us just holding each other I looked up to his eyes that were streaming with tears.
“I love you.” He sighed and gently placed his lips onto mine as if I was made of glass and would break at any moment.
“I love you more.”
“Not possible.” And he kissed me again, with more urgency than the first kiss. His hands went from my back to my hips, where they rested.
“I missed you so much.” He kissed me again, gentler.
“I missed you too.”
“Why don’t you show me how much you missed me then?” He had a cheeky glint in his eye.
“I would but don’t you need to speak to your brother and sister-in-law?”
“I already spoke to them.” His lips hovered before we were entwined again. “So get yourself upstairs.” I giggled again as I set off running upstairs. His hand collided with my backside at the top of the stairs. “God I’ve missed that terrific arse.” He muttered to himself as he chased me upstairs. He cornered me by the bedroom door. “And I’ve missed those gorgeous lips.” His hands went back to my waist, his thumbs rubbing small circles. “And I missed your wonderful legs.” He dragged me behind him to the bedroom, or lips still locked together. He pulled me down on the bed next to him. “And I’ve missed those waking up to those beautiful eyes.” He kissed me again stroking my face. Our kisses got more and more heated. “I think we should get you out of those clothes.” He whispered in my ear. He kissed from my ear, down my jaw to my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
So then I'm going to be mean again and not update until I have at least one comment because at the mo I don't know if you like it or what. I love you for reading anyway.