Sequel: The Other Woman
Status: Completed

Black Sheep

Chapter 38

The next morning was hectic to say the least, It all started with the doorbell ringing at half past six in the morning followed by a chorus of squeals and excited gibberish. Harry woke up and grumbled.
“Why do we have to be awake so early?” He turned around in bed to throw an arm around my waist and cuddle closer, nuzzling his unshaven chin into my neck.
“We don’t have to. Just go back to sleep.” I grumbled.
“But we’re both awake now.” He planted a soft kiss on the spot just below my ear, letting his teeth graze over it.
“Don’t be getting any fancy ideas.” I threw my face further into the pillow and pulled the duvet right under my chin, trying to get back to sleep.
“But nobody will notice if we’re quiet.” He whispered, nibbling on my earlobe.
“You’re lucky my parents are letting us sleep in the same room so don’t push your luck.”
“Listen darling, everybody downstairs is focussing on getting everybody ready for the wedding. Nobody will be bothered about all the naughty little things I want to do to you.”
“What kind of naughty little things?” I had eventually awoken, turning around to face Harry.
“Wouldn’t you like to know,” He said kissing me on the lips, quite harshly.

*****
“Auntie Becca, Look!” An excited Poppy was running around the hallway in her dress with her flower petals in a basket. “Look Auntie Becca! Am I pretty?”
“You’re more than pretty, you’re absolutely gorgeous.” I bent down to give her a cuddle.
“I know someone else who looks gorgeous.” I heard from behind me.
“Who might that be?” I said turning around, picking up poppy to rest her on my hip.
“I was going to say your mum,” Harry said, planting a kiss on my cheek.
“Right who is walking to the church because they’ll need to set off now because the car will be here shortly!” My mum shouted from the kitchen where she was handing bouquets to the bridesmaids.
“I’ll lead the way.” I shouted back
“We’re walking?” Harry said
“Yeah it’s not far, it’s just round the corner” I said back linking his arm and heading out of the door, followed by aunts, uncles, cousins, family friends and others who had came to see the bride before the wedding.
“You’ve scrubbed up nicely buster.” I said when we were clear of anyone else.
“I always scrub up nicely.” He faked offence. “I knew the tie was your favourite.” I glanced down at his tie. It was the one with the little turtles on it, paired with a blue shirt.
“You’ve picked all of my favourites.” I reached up to plant a soft kiss on the side of his mouth.
We walked the few minutes to the church in the summer sunshine with the other members of the family that weren't joining the bride. When we got to the church yard there was a buzz around the courtyard. All the flowers were in full bloom, the birds were tweeting in the trees and bees and butterflies were hovering around.
“Here you are!” My grandma shouted as soon as she had seen us. We walked a bit quicker to my grandma, who was sat with my grandad on a bench in the sun. Grandma stood up to give me a kiss and a hug.
“Well who is this handsome chap?” She knew exactly who he was, but she wanted the formal introduction.
“This is Harry grandma.” I said smiling. I spotted my grandad sat on the end of the bench, holding onto his crutches. “How are you doing grandad?” I gave him a kiss on the cheek and a hug.
“I’m doing well. I’ve got a last few sessions of physiotherapy left but after that they’ll let me get on with it on my own.” I turned around to introduce Harry but grandma had dragged him to the group of people milling around the door. It was funny to see my short grandma holding onto Harry’s arm, dragging him from person to person shouting “This is Harry, Rebecca’s boyfriend.”
“he’s a good lad.” My grandad said, patting the seat next to him, inviting me to sit.
“You haven’t met him yet.”
“Your mum called me last night singing his praises.”
“I think he made a good impression. Poppy loves him to bits.”
“Good with kids then?” He said, watching Harry shaking hands with everyone
“Just like his mum.” He had a smile on his face watching his family coming together. “We better get inside then.” He said patting my knee. I I looked up to see Harry escaping the crowd of people to find me.
“I see you got out alive.” My grandad shouted to him.
“Just about,” Harry chuckled.He helped my grandad up from the bench and wrapped his arm around my back, leading us both into the church.

As we walked in a few faces turned around to look at us then to mutter a few words of gossip between couples and friends.
“Becca” I small voice shouted from the end of a pew. I turned to see my primary school teacher, who was friends with my aunties. “How are you?!” She looked so pleased to see me after all these years.
“I’m doing well thank you Mrs Walter.”
“Please, call me Marianne.”
“Well I’m doing fine Marianne, how are you? And your adorable westie Benny.”
“I’m doing well, I can’t believe you remember little Benny! Thank you for remembering!”
“Of course I remember! I used to walk him around the village for 50 pence to buy some sweets in the village shop!”
“I remember those days.” She laughed slightly in reminiscence.
“This is my boyfriend Harry.”
“I know already sweetie. You’ve been the talk of the village all weekend. You and Mrs Webster. See her husband ran away with their Swedish ski instructor and-”
“Could you all take your seats please” We were interrupted by one of the ushers.
“We’ll have a catch up later Marianne.”
“of course sweetie.” She said patting my arm. Harry led me to our seats on the far side of a pew with my grandma, grandad and brother.
“I guess she’s a bit of a gossip then.” Harry mused, picking up his order of service.
“Yep, but she means it in good nature,” I rested my hand on his lap, looking around the congregation for other people I knew.
The wedding march started and everybody stood up the watch the bride, my cousin Sarah, walk down the aisle on my uncle’s arm.
“One day that’ll be you, and it’ll be our wedding” Harry whispered in my ear.
“Stop getting fancy ideas” I whispered back
“well could you imagine the kerfuffle if you had my children without being married to me?”
“Can you please keep those ideas to yourself today buster?” i said with a roll of my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I lost my inspiration, but it seems all I needed was a glass of wine and a takeaway pizza. So thanks for sticking with me

x