A Beautiful Melody

She Was Like A Dream;

Miley rolled out of her bed only to wake up next to her buzzing phone. She yawned and swiped it off of her bedside table. She couldn't believe how many people tried to contact her over the latest scandal she was going through. It was always something, and she was tired of being picked on. If Selena Gomez did the same things she did, nobody would fuss about her. They would let it go as if nothing ever happened.

With a sigh, she stretched and got out of bed. No light but a tiny patch from her window could be seen, meaning her mother hadn't been in here to open the certain.

Dogs started to whine outside her door, and Sophie whined at her feet. Her birds started to chirp. This was just what she needed; a headache.

Miley walked out of her room and down the hallway into the kitchen where her mother, Tish, had been making pancakes for her daughters, Miley, Noah, and Brandi.

"Mornin', bay-bee." Tish smiled, flipping a few pancakes onto plates.

Miley gave her the famous peace sign and then sat down beside her little sister, Noah. "What's up for today?" She murmured, still half asleep.

Tish handed her a plate and a fork. "Well, Noah and I are going downtown for some shopping. Want to join?" Miley made a face. "It's that, or go with your sister to the gym." Tish smirked and walked off.

"Shopping!" Miley whined.

After breakfast, Miley walked back into her room and changed her clothes. When she was done throwing clothes onto her bed and floor, she was dressed in ripped jeans and a plain over-sized black shirt with a pocket on the front. She slipped some black boots over them and tied her long hair into a poney tail.

"Ya know, I thought you were goin' to try to tell mom." Brandi leaned against Miley's doorway. "I noticed you haven't."

Miley shrugged her shoulders. "I'll tell her some other time. Right now, I just want to relax without drama."

"You're Miley-Effing-Cyrus. Of course you are going to create drama anywhere you go." Brandi smirked, referring to the last movie Miley tried to film. It was called LOL, and she was accused of stealing many things from Ashley Green, her co-star.

Miley nodded and slipped on a necklace and a few bracelets. "At least I'm no Lindsey." She kidded before walking back out and meeting her mom and younger sister at the door.

Noah was the little version of Miley, almost. She wanted to be just like her big sister, in some weird twisted way. She liked dressing the same, trying to sing the same, and even wanted Miley's voice when she got older. Sure, it was annoying but cute.

The Cyrus girls walked out of the house and into the front yard where there were camera men hiding in bushes, trees, and cars on the street. Miley couldn't wait to get home and read about what people said about her outfit today.

"Why don't you drive?" Tish threw Miley the keys to the family car.

Miley shook her head and threw the keys back. "I'm in no mood today, mom." She sighed and hopped into the back seat.

She watched out the window as her mom drove to the mall. She kept wondering when she would get up enough courage to tell her mom the truth about her young daughter. The real reason she broke up with Liam the first time, and the last. Alright, it's not the only reason. Liam was too clingy, and he never wanted to do very much other than sit at home, or visit with his family. She just couldn't see living with him one day. And as for her first Hollywood boyfriend, Nick Jonas. She missed him as well. She agreed with most people about how they should get back together. But he was off dating some twenty-seven year old chick who probably has a baby. And she just wasn't sure she wanted to date him at the moment.

Matter of fact, Miley wasn't sure if she wanted to date. She wanted time off, she wanted to be herself. She wanted to be this normal, non-famous girl. Something who didn't get pictures taken of her whenever she walked out into public, or get asked to sign a piece of paper. She loved her job as the great Miley Cyrus, but sometimes it was too much for her to handle.

Singing was always her way of getting her feelings out, but this once she wanted to voice her feelings and not sing them out. A few months on break, and she'd be ready for a tour once more. But nobody would listen to her. They didn't care what she thought. As many times as she has told her own mother this, and her mother just kept saying it's what Miley wanted, it's what she got. Nobody can become "un-famous."

Miley, Noah and Tish got out of the car and walked into the less crowded mall. It was a hot, Sunday morning and most people were at church. While Miley's family believed in God, they hadn't yet found a church close enough. So, usually, Billy Ray read from the Bible in the mornings to them. This hasn't happened in several weeks, Miley was beginning to wonder.

"I want to go to sissy's store!" Noah whined. She looked around for the big sign.

Tish held her hand and led her away from the stores blasting their loud pop music. "No, baby. Not today. Daddy took you last night."

Noah pouted but soon realized there was an ice cream stand in front of her, and begged for one of those. Miley held back and hugged herself. She needed to tell her mother.. But how?

Noah walked into Hot Topic and ran over to the cute little fuzzy hats that were on a stand in the doorway. "I want one, mommy!" She grinned and tried on a purple one that looked like a dinosaur. "Please, please??"

Miley wondered off into the back of the store, looking at the shirts and noticing a few she really wanted.

"If you want shirts come back tomorrow." A low, girl's voice said. Miley turned around and saw a girl about her height, but with long dirty blonde hair and noticeable hazel eyes. "We're having a sale tomorrow. Buy two, get two for free." She continued.

Miley smiled. "Thanks, I'll have to do that."

"And Tuesday, we're having a sale on cds and certain band gear."

Miley looked down at the girls name tag. It read: Skylar. "I'll have to remember that." She smiled.

"Good," Skylar winked and walked back to the front of the store, talking to Noah and Tish about the hats.

Once home, Miley thought a little more of the girl from Hot Topic. There was something about her so.. she didn't even know. She was drawn to Skylar. It almost felt like a dream..
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter! How do you guys like it so far? ^__^