A Beautiful Melody

Teenage Girl Problems;

Miley linked arms with Mandy and Brandi as they walked into Hot Topic. Skylar was there, packing up stuff but dropped some shirts to stand up and say a quick, "Hi, welcome to Hot Topic. Sorry, we don't have much in stock right now." She pouted and pointed to most of the boxes on the floor.

Brandi waved slightly and walked off to see some of the few sunglasses still laying around, and Mandy walked off to look at the hats. Miley stood there, awkwardly at first. "Looks like you sold a lot more stuff since I was last in here." She pointed out.

Skylar nodded and continued to pack up shirts. "Yep. We've been doing well the past few days. Since you were last in here, we've sold half the store." She smiled.

Miley stood there, shocked, as Skylar taped the box together and walked towards the front of the store. "You remember me?" She asked after a minute, when Skylar was passing her again.

Skylar nodded and started to fold togther another box. "Yes, I do." She smiled at the brunette.

"How?"

"I felt awkward for knowing this but.. You're Miley Cyrus." Skylar threw some pants into this box.

Miley smiled shyly. "It's okay. I was thinking maybe you didn't know who I was."

Skylar smirked. "Not know you? Of course I do."

"Why wouldn't you say anything?" Miley tilted her head a little.

Skylar shrugged. "Some people try avoiding me."

"Why would anybody avoid you?"

"Well, because I like girls. I mean, most girls feel awkward around me. I say the wrong thing and they freak out because they think I have a big crush on them, when clearly I do not." She shrugged and continued throwing pants.

Miley smiled a little. "Not me. I like girls, as well."

Skylar stopped and looked up at her, smiling.

Mandy and Brandi skipped over, each holding a Hot Topic bag. "Mom needs us." Brandi said, giving Miley a look.

"Right, well, see you around?" Miley smiled at Skylar.

Skylar nodded then took out a card from her back pocket of her black skinny jeans. "This has my number on it. Call me tomorrow some time and maybe we can go out for coffee?" She smiled, handing it to Miley.

The girl grinned and nodded. "Sure thing!" Before the girls walked out and gave Miley a look.

"She likes you!" Mandy squealed.

"Yeah, now the fun part. Telling mom.."

Brandi sighed. "It won't be that hard. Remember when I had to tell her I had my first boyfriend? It was fine!"

Miley shot her older sister a look. "Brandi, that was a boy. This is a girl. It feels harder.."

"That's what she said!" Mandy laughed, soon stopping when Brandi glared at her.

Miley sat down at the Food Court and laid her head on the Tooty Fruity Ice Cream place's table. Closing her eyes tightly, she breathed in deeply. "Maybe I'm just putting more pressure on myself than necessary."

Mandy and Brandi nodded as they sat beside Miley.

--------------------------------------

Miley stepped into the living room where her mother was reading a book. Something that had became normal since Miley wanted to calm down.

She walked over and sat on the arm of the love seat, in which her mother sat. Miley gave a soft sigh. Tish looked up and smiled sweetly, that motherly smile that knows something is up. "Yes, dear?"

"Mom, I was wondering if I could go out tomorrow. I really like this person.." She chewed on her bottom lip nervously.

Tish laughed and sat her book down. "You felt the need to ask me?"

Miley nodded. "I figured you would want to know, mother dearest."

"Go have fun." Tish smiled at her daughter.

Miley felt bad for not telling her, but at the same time she didn't want to tell her mother something that might ruin whatever she had with Skylar. What if her mom didn't want her dating girls? What if her father found out..
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys soo much for all the comments!

Keep it up and I'll try and post the next chapter as soon as I can xD