Status: Maybe?

Salty & Sweet

i am nobody

Even with my eyes shut, light was still able to seep through my lids. Squeezing them tighter, I tried to block out the blinding light and fall back asleep. However, as the minutes passed, I realized how impossible this was and decided to blink my blue eyes open. Immediately, I was faced with a pure white ceiling, matching the blindingly white walls and flooring. After taking a moment to study this foreign environment – guess what color the bed and wardrobe was? – I flung myself out of bed and furrowed my brow. I don’t recall any room in my or my parents’ house that was pure white. If anything, this looks like I was thrown into an asylum or something. My mind was racing, confused, and that only became more so when I found a mirror.

It wasn’t like I did not recognize myself, but I would be lying if I said at first glance my appearance didn’t catch me off guard. Running my fingers through my knotted hair, I noted how the front fringe was longer than before and strands of blond poked my eyes. Though, while my bangs had grown in length, I felt tears forming in my aqua eyes at the drastic difference in my hair’s overall length. The long, golden locks that I had been growing for years, since I was fifteen years young, had been cropped short and now ended at the nape of my neck. A tortured cry flew out of my pink lips as I touched the uneven jags, gaps, and texture of irregular lines extending east, west, north, and south. Who had done this to my beautiful locks? A hysterical voice wept in my mind, imagining the blue-eyed beauty with golden tresses flowing passed her shoulders.

That was who I was supposed to be. But no, I wake up to this mess with choppy, uneven hair and dull blue eyes. Whoever did this, I swear

Behind me, clicks of boots on the ivory floor caused me to whirl around and stare at the intruder with puffy, red eyes. My eyes fell upon an unidentifiable person wearing a long, hooded black cloak. Their face was not visible under the dark hood and I felt myself squint at them in a vain attempt to find their face. In the end though, I could not make out their appearance and in frustration, screamed out at the person.

“Did you do this to me?” I shouted, tears spilling down my cheeks and falling to the floor. “Did you shave off all my hair? And were you the one who brought me to this insane room? Where the hell am I?! You better start talking right this minute or I’m calling my lawyer and getting you convicted for kidnapping!” The last part was a bluff, but I was hoping that it could potentially cause his decision in keeping me here to waver, if he really were some kidnapper. Pursing my lips and glaring at the person like a child, I waited for some sort of answer.

Surprising me, the person chuckled without humor and removed his hood, revealing the trespasser to be a man. His hair was a striking electric blue with some spiky parts at the top pointing toward the back while the rest hung over his ears onto his chest. His eyes were a piercing golden color and also visible on his face was a distinguished X-shaped scar starting from different ends of his forehead to under each of his eyes. My own eyes caught side of elfish ears adorning golden stud earrings. Despite the chuckle, the man’s face was overall apathetic and no feeling even flashed into his eyes. Wrinkling my brow, I shouted again, “W-Where am I?! Who are you?! What…What’s going on?”

He didn’t even crack a grin, wasn’t the least bit amused by my confusion. “You are quite a nuisance. I have not the slightest as to why you are here.” My frustration simmered and I felt my shoulders begin to sag at his hurtful and unhelpful words. However, his expression never changed from his calm demeanor and this confused me.

“You say those spiteful words with such serenity,” I commented, frowning at his expressionless face.

“It is difficult to say so otherwise,” he answered, “when you have no heart.” My mind reeled at his reasoning. No heart? What could he possible mean by that? Before I could ask though, he continued, “What is your name, child?”

“I am quite obviously not a child!” I retorted, placing my hands on my hips.

“Quite obviously.” He responded and regardless of his lack of feelings, I could sense the sarcasm in his statement. My face burned red with irritation while he asked again, “What is your name?”

I opened my mouth to answer, but nothing came out. What was my name? I had no recollection of any name, only an image of who I was. As I pondered this, I tried to remember my mother and father. However, no picture or name came with them, nor could I remember where I had come from. Lost, I stared at my hands in utter confusion and desperation to remember something, anything. It didn’t matter what it was – pets, friends, coworkers, address – but I had to recall something. But when I could not, tears clouded my vision once more and I let out a scream of anguish.

“What have you done to me, you…you evil man?!” I shrieked, dropping to my knees. “Why can’t I remember anything? Why do I look so different? Who are you?”

“That is of no importance right now,” he replied. “But to answer your questions, you are a Nobody.”

I blinked. “A…Nobody? That’s not very nice!”

However, before I could receive an answer, he raised his arm slowly and darkness spewed from his fingers to create a portal. And just as quickly he had appeared, he was gone.

*~*x*~*

If it were possible, the bedroom seemed to become whiter as I sat alone on the starch-white bed. The tone screamed at me and hurt my light colored eyes. However, the knowledge that I did not remember anything about myself or the world in general was worse than being here, but not by much. In the time after the blue haired man left, I tried in desperation to remember at the very least what my name was but nothing was jumping out to me. Julia…Hailey…Rebecca…? I groaned in frustration and fell back on the pillow. Closing my eyes, I held on to the girl with the golden tresses, but even that was slowly fading with the rest of my memories. Taking in a deep breath, I screamed, “Get me out of here!”

“But you’ve only just arrived!” My eyes snapped open and I turned to face someone wearing the familiar back cloak. Immediately, I scrambled to my feet and stomped toward the figure wearing a venomous glare.

Before I could even think, I grabbed the person’s shoulders and shook them with all my might while screaming, “Why the hell did you leave me in here all alone and confused?! Especially after saying I was a Nobody! What the heck is that supposed to mean, you big meanie!” From the force of me shaking him, the hood flew off of the figure to reveal an unfamiliar face with messy, layered silver hair that fell over his shoulders. His eyes were colored amber and his skin was a dark tan. I instantly released him, and jumped backwards; confusion must have been evident in my eyes. There are… more of them?! Thinking quick, I added, “Uh…uh…sorry. Who are you?”

The man smiled at me, but there was nothing there. No happiness, no gentleness, nothing. He lacked more emotions than Blue Hair. Finally, he said, “Hello. My name is of no importance right now. Instead, I would love it if you would tell me about yourself before you meet the others.” The others?

“Rebecca,” I said, bluffing. The man stared at me.

“Tell the truth,” he replied apathetically. Saliva slid down my throat.

“I don’t know.” The man nodded expecting, as if he already knew this.

“What do you know?” he asked.

“That where I am isn’t where I should be. That I don’t look the way I used to. And that I don’t remember one thing.” I spoke with one breath, and holding eye contact with the silver haired man. He just nodded and turned around, reaching out his arm and creating a door of darkness like the blue haired man.

Without facing me, the silver haired man ordered, “I am Superior and that is how you will address me. You, child, will be known as Raxle and are about twenty or so.” He turned his head so he was staring at me. He added, “That is all you need to know. Now come.” And he walked through the darkness. I blinked a few times, unsure if I should follow after him. My eyes dropped to my pale fingers and then focused on the mirror at the other end of the room to study myself. Cropped blonde hair on my head and cloudy blue eyes stared back, and again I stared at the darkness.

And I followed him through.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Schiz for reading this over<3
And thank you all for comments and subscriptions<3