Status: Maybe?

Salty & Sweet

i am zombie

Suddenly, one by one each other the members disappeared from their places in the chairs, leaving through one of the black voids. Again, Superior appeared in front of me and explained that he was going to take me back to my room to rest for awhile longer before sending me out with anyone. As he created a dark corridor, he threw me one of the signature black cloaks. “For you. This is what all members of Organization XIII are required to wear. Is that understood?” I nodded absentmindedly, following the silver-haired man through the darkness and back to my room. Upon us entering, he ordered me to rest a bit – again – before leaving my room; I didn’t even get a chance to ask him a question.

And again, I was lying alone in my room on the white bed. However, this time I adorned one of their cloaks and I had pulled the hood up over my head to conceal my image. Even if no one else barged in, I for one did not want to see myself, see what was done to me. As I lie there, more and more questions began forming in my mind until I felt as though I were going to explode. I didn’t quite get that far, but I might as well for I let out an aggravated roar and leapt out of bed.

No way was I getting more rest. For all I knew, I had been “getting rest” for days!

With haste, I scurried out of my room seeing red and darted about to find someone to answer my questions before I bit someone’s head off. My feet carried me around the white building, flying down halls and busting down doors, but never once did I see a soul. Eventually, I felt the anger begin to simmer to mere frustration, before finally turning into confusion and anxiety.

“H-hello…?” I muttered, lost and alone. “Please tell me someone’s there! I-I want to go back to my room! I’m scared!” There was no answer. Panic set in. “H-hello! Someone, please! I-It’s lonely…!” My bottom lip jutted out and quivered uncontrollably as my eye welled up with tears. Quickly, in case someone happened down this hallway, I covered my face and muffled the sobs leaving my pink lips. Was I really alone? Where were all of the other members? Why didn’t I just stay in the confinement of my room?

Because I needed answer. But instead, I just got more questions.

“Hey, you’re the new girl,” a smooth, male voice rang in my ears. Instantly, I peeked through my fingers, chagrin enveloping my being. The man removed his hood, revealing brilliant red colored hair that spiked out in the back. His eyes were a striking emerald and just below those green orbs were two purple painted-on reverse-teardrops. I stared at the man, at a loss of words for once as I stared into his eyes. They were so much prettier than mine. When I didn’t answer, the red-head continued, “What’re doing all the way out here? Xemnas was saying that you should be at the Grey Room to be assigned your first mission.”

I blinked in confusion. “Grey room? Xemnas?” Axel lifted his brow, seemingly in amusement.

“God, you’re just like Roxas!” He exclaimed, sending me a grin. Who was Roxas? “Acting like such a zombie!” My cheeks flushed in embarrassment and anger, and I glared at the man.

“I am no zombie!” I shouted, pursing my lips and crossing my arms. “That’s just plain rude! It’s just like you said: I’m new here! I think I have a right to be confused and lost!”

“I was just kidding,” he commented, scratching the back of his head and holding the grin in place. My glare softened, and my lips formed an ‘O’ before closing slowly. Watching my expression changed, the man cocked his head to the side, and added, “The name’s Axel. A-X-E-L. Got it memorized?” He said such completely serious, and tapped his head as he questioned me. It was hard to hold in a laugh, to be honest.

I snorted, ready to mock him. “Well then, I’m Raxle. R-A-X-L-E. Got it memorized?” He chuckled softly, and shook his head. Grinning, I wiped away any stray tears that could still be on my face before walking up beside him. I added, “So, Axel, was it? You were saying something about a Grey Room. Am I supposed to be there?” Axel peered at me from the corner of his eye before nodding.

“Yeah, Xemnas wanted to have you go out on a mission,” he stated, as he held out his arm and created a dark corridor. “He wanted to see what your ability was and how you would a good use to the Organization, so he was going to have one of us take you out to Twilight Town and destroy a few Heartless and learn what you can do physically and magically.”

My mind went blank. “Xemnas…? Twilight Town? Heartless?” Axel grinned again.

“Zombie.” My face flushed bright red as he headed toward the corridor, beckoning me to follow.

“I am not!” I screamed, fuming, before running after him through the darkness.

*~*x*~*

“I have already made my decision,” Xemnas, also known as Superior, announced when I’d entered the Grey Room. “Raxle will be leaving for Twilight Town with Demyx.”

On the way to the Grey Room, Axel had given me a quick overview on the terms I’d questioned him about. ‘Xemnas’ was the name of the Superior, and he was the leader of all of us. According to Axel, he liked to think he had a heart and would over-exaggerate his emotions to make it appear as though this were true. The ‘Grey Room’ was an area where most of the members would relax before going on a recon or other type of mission. ‘Heartless’ were just as the name insinuates; they are beings of darkness that come in two forms – “Purebloods” and “Emblems” – of which behave devoid of emotion. And ‘Twilight Town’ was one of the many worlds in the universe and was a frequent area of choice for the Organization.

“Wait,” I had asked, staring up at the red head in confusion. “There’s more than one world?” Axel smirked a bit and nodded.

“Tons.” He had answered. “We are on one of the many worlds, called The World That Never Was. A world completely engulfed by darkness.”

I had wanted to ask about this world and its odd name, however we entered the Grey Room moments later where I was met with Xemnas and a man who looked around my age with a dirty blonde mullet and holding a guitar-like instrument. Which leads us to the present.

“Xemnas, that’s not fair!” Demyx complained, leaning casually against one of the couches. “Why don’t you have Axel do it? He seemed fine working with Roxas! I don’t want to go out and fight!”

“Well, I really don’t feel like babysitting anymore zombies,” Axel retorted, earning him a “hey!” and slap on his arm from me. He sent me a grin, while I glared daggers and looked away, unimpressed. Xemnas sighed, and rubbed his forehead.

“You will do as I say,” he ordered, staring at Demyx. “Or face the consequences.”

That seemed to be enough of an incentive, for moments later the mullet-boy grabbed my arm lazily and dragged me over to Blue Hair, whom Demyx called “Saix”. He never dropped my wrist as he spoke with Saix, and a deep blush formed on my cheeks. No one noticed though, at least not that I could see.

And minutes later, were we out of the monochromatic castle and surrounded by the beauty and serenity of Twilight Town.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've gotten into a system now, naming the chapters "i am..." xD
<3