Status: Posting and rather quickly

No One Told You Life Was Gonna Be This Way

Aren't Mine

“Come on Sid, enjoy yourself,” Max slurred. We've only been in this place for 30 minutes and he was already buzzed.

“This just isn't my scene,” Whose scene would this be? Loud music, gyrating bodies, the whole seediness of it all.

“You gotta forget about her man. She cheated on you. You broke up with her. I know what you need,” Max grinned, “You need a private dance. Pick any girl here.”

I scanned the room looking desperately for a girl that looked at least somewhat wholesome. On stage. There she was. She was wearing a pink wig that was styled and cut in a Flapper style. Her peaches and cream complexion was luminescent under the stage lights. But it was her eyes that drew me in. They were bright blue. She looked too innocent to be dancing on stage like that, wearing so little. She was doing a slow dance to a cheesy '80s ballad. “That one.”

“Good choice,” Max quickly called over a waitress and pointed at the girl on stage and at me.

The waitress nodded and strutted over to me, “Come with me, Sugar.” Her name tag read 'Leila Rose.' I followed her to a private room in the back. It was dark with mood lighting and a bright light on the stripper pole in the middle. There were black, leather couches surrounding the stripper pole. “She'll be here soon. Just make yourself comfortable.”

Image


Flowers in one hand. Chocolates in the other. I somehow managed to knock on the door of Becca's apartment.

Becca.

Why was I here exactly? I'm groveling. I'm asking for forgiveness. I'm begging for a second chance.

Why am I groveling, asking, begging? I basically told my girlfriend that hockey was more important to me than her, which isn't completely untrue. Hockey's not just my job, it's who I am. But Becca's important to me, too.

The door opened and there she was standing in the door frame wearing only an oversized T-shirt. “Hey,” Her dark brown hair fell into her eyes.

“Hey, I came over to say that I'm sorry. You had every right to get upset,” I walked into the apartment, which held so many great memories.

“I really wished you called.”

“Yeah me too, but I think this is a good thing because it really put things in perspective, you know? I think we can really push past this and move on-” On the floor were a pair of men's khakis and a button down shirt. “Those aren't mine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally decided to post it as a peace offering for not being able to post for a month, starting the 14th. I'm going to try and finish posting this before then. I hope you guys like it and please comment!