Status: Posting and rather quickly

No One Told You Life Was Gonna Be This Way

What Are You Doing Here?

“Cheer up, Sid,” Jordan handed him a can of beer, “We just beat the Caps.”

Sidney accepted the beer, “I am happy. I just have a lot of things on my mind right now.”

“Max, when's the pizza gonna get here? I'm starving,” Jordan yelled as if somehow Max could hear him from across the house.

“Soon, soon,” Max's voice muffled and drowned out by the rambunctious celebrating.

“Sid, keep an eye on the door, will y'ah? I need to jump in on that,” Of course, that was a game of beer pong. Jordan may have phrased it like a question but he was gone before Sidney could even answer.

Sidney didn't mind. All he wanted right now was to be alone with his thoughts. He needed to think about things. During season, it was all hockey, all the time, and it's been that way for a long time. For the first time since he could remember, other things were invading his mind. Things he couldn't get out of his head no matter how hard he tried. For the first time since the break up, he wished he was thinking about Becca. Becca would be easier to think about. He could just call her or go to her apartment and talk it out. What he had on his mind was far more complicated.

Lily Copeland. If that was her real name. He began doubting if the things she said were true or just lies to entertain him for an hour and a half. He wanted to Google her name. Check the Pitt website, but he was scared of what he would find. Ugh, he watched Closer way too many times.

Ding-dong. Ding-dong. Ding-dong.

Sidney opened the door and was shocked to see who was at the door.

“Sid?”

“Lily?”

“What are you doing here?”

“This is my friend's house. You work at Pizza Hut, too?”

“I pick up shifts whenever I can,” She looked anywhere but at Sidney. “Well, here are your pizzas,” She handed him the four-boxes-high stack of pizzas and turned on her heel, ready to leave.

“Wait-” Sidney stammered. Flustered, he blurted out, “Do you make make the pizzas in one of those wood burning ovens?”

Lily smiled, one of those slow smiles that Sidney decided he loved, as she picked up on the reference, “No, actually, I think that they're gas.”

“Stay. Please? I like talking with you,” Sidney said it slowly as if he wasn't quite sure of what he was saying.

“I really should get back. That's sweet of you to say, though.”

“It's just, I can't get you out of my head and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.”

“I really have to get back. My shift ends in an hour, I can meet you then.”

“You don't sound too enthusiastic about that.”

“I like you, Sid. I really do. I think you're sweet and nice and just overall great but I'm a mess. I work as a stripper at Rosemary's Garden five nights a week and the other two I'm working as a pizza delivery girl. Can you imagine what the papers would say? It would ruin your image.”

“My image is just that. It's just what people see me as not who I am. If it doesn't bother me, it shouldn't bother you.”

“Well, I have to get back. See you in an hour.”

Sidney stood there still holding the pizza boxes, watching her walk back to her car, just walk.

“The pizza's finally here? Thank God,” Max said, taking the boxes from him. “She looks familiar... Do I know that girl?”

“I hope not,” Sidney mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like this chapter! This story allows me to combine my love of Friends and Closer. If you're as obsessed with Friends as I am, you'll be able to catch all the references I've been making.

Please comment!