A Toro's Heart

Suprises.

"Raaay!!!" Gerard yelled, without taking his eyes off the small package. It looked a decade old, or maybe it was just the paint? The package, as what it seemed, was covered in Manila paper, seeming to cover the wood beneath it. Whatever it was, it had so many layers to open.

Gerard knocked on the box with his knuckles. It was very hollow. Very wooden, as he expected. He turned the parcel front-faced now, staring at Ray's name elegantly scripted with the most beautiful ink Gerard's ever seen. Who in the world would send Ray such a gift?

"Thank you Gee, " Ray snapped, appearing out of thin air. Ray snatched the package away from Gerard before he could scrutinize any furthur.

Gee winced at Ray, disappointed that he wasnt able to finish the mental notes he prepared for the delicate package, in an artist's view, of course.

Ray slumped down the couch next to Frank, who was too busy laughing his sides off with a drawing of a badly drawn Turkey. Mikey looked at Frank in the weirdest stare he was capable of revealing. Frank didnt seem to care that he was the only one laughing in hysterics, or that Mikey somehow couldn't understand the humor. Frank shoved the drawing right in front of Mikey's face.

"Look at the Turkey!!! Look at it!!!" Frank shoved even furthur, in between giggles. Mikey glared at the drawing, disgusted and slapped it away.

"Shut up, Frank." He hissed, feeling his cellphone vibrating. He pulled it out of his pocket and flushed bright red as he saw the caller. Mikey glared at Frank once more and answered Alicia on the other line, skipping out of the room for privacy.

Ray was too busy scrutinizing the package, took a deep breath. And finally tore the parcel open, revealing another wooden box.

"I bet inside that box, will be another box. And inside that other box, will be another box, and inside that box ----" Frank shot up from no where, babbling nonsense.

"No one asked, Frank, " Ray cut him off, groaning.

Frank snickered. "Well you never know, I dare you to open it right now."

Ray sighed, rolling his eyes. Suppose Frank was right? And that there'd be absulotely nothing inside the parcel? Ray opened the box, revealing a small scrapbook. Frank frowned, feeling as if he's lost a bet. The scrapbook was coated in Black, velvet and as smooth as silk. Ray ran his fingers through the texture, flipping through the pages.

Each memory of the band. Each photoshoot, each article. Each CD. . . it was all there. Ray gawked in awe. Bullets seemed like history, no one's ever seen that in music stores, nowadays.

"That was our first photoshoot!" Frank grinned, pointing at his past self. They were so young, yet so determined to make a difference.

Suddenly, Ray felt as if all eyes bounced on his shoulders. He twisted to find Gee's and Bob's heads poking out of nowhere glaring at the scrapbook.

"Who sent it?" Bob asked, clutching a cookie in one hand.

"Mom probably," Ray smiled, recognizing the handwriting immedietly. There was a dedication in front, a dedication he didnt fail to read.

Dearest Ray,

Time flies so fast doesnt it? I remember you struggling to play the C chord in such a small age, I remember all the basement practices you had to undergo. But look at you now! A world favorite, a classic. Me and your dad just wanted to give you something to remember us by, to remember the band by, knowing that you are never alone. We were always there for support, we kept all the memories of the band, lucky we didnt misplace them this time. We are very proud to be your parents. We know that you're a man now, ready for all the journey's life has for you. You've matured. But if there's one thing that hasnt changed about you. . . it would be your heart. May it stay as beautiful, as compassionate as always.

We love you.

Mom. [ and Dad ]


"Why is the 'and Dad' in parenthesis?" Frank asked in an upbeat tone. Frank, way to ruin each moment.

Bob nudged Frank, giving Frank his millionth glance this evening.

"Frank, you ruined the moment. . . " Gerard laughed, seeming to gain back his sense of humor.

Ray laughed along, still scanning to the pages, suddenly realizing that he's been through so much. No, not him. My Chemical Romance has been through so much. It just finally paid off. Life's been better.

"Hmmm, where's Mikes?" Ray cocked an eyebrow, closing the package and putting it back into the fan mail box, wanting to read it privately later.

Frank rolled his eyes.

"Talking to Ali, have you ever wondered how Mikey's phone's always fully charged? And how he doesnt seem to run out of load?" Frank asked.

It was Gee's time to eye roll.

"Uhm, because he charges it? He carries an extra charger during trips, usually the car-charging one. And he pays his load monthly, or maybe he doesnt even need to. . . "

Frank groaned, staring at his phone and stuck mental notes for an upgrade.

"Mikey's rich. . . " He muttered under his breath.

Gee laughed, snickering.

"So are you, you doinkhead," He nudged Frank teasingly.

Mikey suddenly appeared from the shadows. Something was very funny about him, he had this goofy smile pasted on his lips, Frank just wanted to smack it away for fun. He seemed like he was trembling, tearstains seemed to coat his shirt as well.

Everyone stared at him as if the ghost of Mikey Way was about to attack them, they just weren't afraid.

"What happened to you?" Bob's eyes seemed to bulge out of it's sockets.

"Eh, guys. . . " Mikey trembled in happiness.

"What?" They all chorused.

"Guys. . . " Mikey repeated, off balance. He seemed as if he wanted to faint.

"Mikey tell us already!" Bob got up, going nearer to Mikey.

"Gah. . . " Mikey mumbled uneasily. "Aligashspregshnanlt. . ." He muttered, inaudible.

". . . what?" Gerard snapped, annoyed. "Mikey, speak in English."

Mikey gave an individual eye contact to each of the four, scratched his head, nervously but still in that scary smile Frank always wanted to slap, then closing his eyes, he exploded. . .

"Alicia's pregnant!!!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, it's kinda short. It is also a semi-cliffhanger. Comment's are always loved. They actually encourage me to update more. Please suscribe, since. . . our internet broke down, I'm not able to update frequently. And you never know when I'll update so please subscribe. If you dont want to, that's okay. :) I promise you, it gets better. -wink-