Status: Not sure how fast I'll update but, I hope To continue this.

My Oh-So Cliche Story

It sounded like she was covering her ass.

Here I was. Sitting on the 9:20 plane from Dallas to Baltimore. I looked at my mom beside me and shook my head before putting on my headphones and drowning in music and memories

Dropping my bag on the floor I walked in the house. My mom came up to me, which was strange. I was at my dad`s, why was she here? It was just me, my brother and step-brother were at football practice.

"Hi, mom, what are you doing here?" I looked at her as I shut the door, tears stained her smiling face. She was trying too hard,"and why are you crying?"

"Hon, I love you," she sweetened, it sounded like she was covering her ass.

"I love you too. What did you do?" I knew she was up to something.

"Uh, well I got an amazing job offer yesterday," She grinned again, oh no.

"OK, now what does that have to do with it? Do you have to move to Japan or something?" my voice rose a few octaves.

"No, not Japan, Baltimore," before I could say anything she covered my mouth. "Before you say anything let me finish. I was offered a job in a hospital. I`d be running the reception desk for the ER, just signing in and out patients. I`d also be giving some training classes to parents of Diabetics, which is the main reason they called. I`d would get paid $15 an hour, and the doc has a house in Towson that he`d sell us, he`d just take the bill out of my paycheck. Don`t tell me you don`t wanna go to Towson High either. You`re always saying how gorgeous it is."

"I do, trust me I do," I nodded remembering the beautiful building. "But this doesn`t explain why you`re crying Momma."

"So, when the Doctor called to interview me he asked me about my family. I told him about You, Ty, and Jerry. He wanted to know more about you, which was odd. But, I told him more, like how smart, level headed and responsible you are. I also told him that you get kind of obsessive and distracted. He really like that you were straight-edge though. After that though he started to interview me about the job, and that went well.

Than he started to tell me about his son. He`s an avid party-goer, a wild-child. and hung over half the time he`s home. Said he`s on the road 8 to 10 months out of the year. Than He told me the deal. I`ve talked to your dad and everyone about this before I accepted, trust me, i was actually threatened within an inch of my life by Baylee, Paige and Gabi." She chuckled as her smile broke and tears flooded her face. A few sobs escaped her mouth before she could continue, "The deal was, $15 an hour, a house, half of your college tuition paid for, no matter where you go, extremely flexible hours and loads of paid time off. Only If I accepted both the job and," her breath got shaky, "and you would marry his son."


The plane view was terrible, all I could see was clouds, and a couple skyscrapers here and there. The memories continued to flow through my head, just as fast as we flew past the clouds.

"Bye, guys, I love y`all! I shouted to the huddle of my family, Baylee and Gabi.
I`ll call when we get in the car." they all waved back as my mom and I walked into the terminal and checked our passes in. taking our seats to wait, I spoke up again. "Will you tell me his name yet? Or at least more about him? How old is he? Does he have a job? Why`s he always on the road?"

"Okay, Okay," she laughed. "I won`t tell you his name. But he`s 23, and like I`ve said a wild-child. Y`all have extremely similar music tastes. He plays guitar, and sings a little. He has black hair, and pierced ears. I think he has a couple tattoo`s too. That enough?" She smirked.

"Yeah, for now I guess. I huffed as our plane was called for boarding.


We we`re landing now. My mom said that my fiance,I still shiver at the word, was picking us up. He was going to take us to meet his family, my mom`s boss included, and than later he would take us to our new home. Jerry had come before hand with our luggage and furniture. He would meet us at my fiance`s parent`s.

Exiting the plane and claiming our luggage, we walked into the lobby-place, hey that was my first time on a plane, I don`t know the proper names for these places!

"There he is!" my mom stated pointing towards a tall guy with sunglasses, a hoodie and a leather jacket, who was holding a sign that said "Wet Pretzel".

"Did you tell them about that?" I asked, referring to the words on his sign. My mom and Jerry`s last name was Whetsel, which always sounded like wet pretzel to me, so i would call them that sometimes.

"No, I never mentioned it. They did say he was a jokester though. Looks like you two will get along," She laughed.

Finally standing in front of the guy, my mom said hey there. The guy seemed to shiver when he looked at me, more specifically my grey JAGK shirt. my mom laughed and told him our names, and he seemed to chill some.

Leaning his head in, he started, "Let`s hurry and get out, these teenagers scare me. i`d rather not be mobbed right now."

I looked at my mom eyes wide. She just laughed as he grabbed our wrists and drug us out of the building and to a black Honda. He joked, telling us it was his mom`s ride.

He popped the trunk and let us put our bags in, before slamming it and opening the back door for my mom and the passenger for me. Walking around he got in the drivers seat and started the car.

"Can you take off the disguise and tell me your name already?" I egged on, period and sleepiness rolling off of my tongue.

He laughed, pulling out of the parking spot, narrowly missing a Dodge 4x4. "Well, Hello to you, too. Nice shirt by the way," he said while removing his glasses and pulling down his hood with his free hand. I gasped noticing the face. I should`ve know. He smiled, "Jack Barakat, nice to meet you, fiance."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, my first EXTREMELY cliche story, I'm excited! So I'm gonna give some credit for this story to my best friend Paige. I haven't seen her in over a year but in ... 9 days! she's going to come spend the week with me :) Sorry, I'm still psyched about her coming down! (She lives in Minnesota and I'm from Texas.)

-Lizz (Don't forget to comment!!!)