Status: Active

Under Lock and Key

As For Man, His Days Are As Grass

Both angels and demons are ignorant of the future, yet they make predictions.
The angels do so when God reveals the future to them and commands them to prophesy, and what they prophesy comes to pass.
Demons also make predictions, but these are only guesses based on what they see from afar.


~ John of Damascus

_______________________________________________________________________

For years, the angels have lain in wait for the one power to come along that will finally smite all evil and bring beauty and goodness to the Earth once more.

For years, the demons have sought their own savior, one who would vindicate them. Acquire the revenge they so desperately craved.

How was either race to know that when these foretold saviors finally surfaced, neither would want the destiny laid out for them?
How were they to know that they would reject every effort and exploit every loophole?

Every effort that they make to push these two toward their destiny makes them flee farther from it. Every desperate, repeat attempt is a failure. But they keep trying. Because they assume that these are the only two that can bring about change.

If they stopped for a moment.
If they looked a bit further, past the obvious solution.
They would realize that there is another way.
An ultimate way to bring about this final change.

And they would realize that it is right under their noses.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit:
Psalms 103:15