Status: Done...and eagerly awaiting some comments ;)

Scared

1/1

And maybe it’s not that they’re oblivious; maybe it’s that they’re scared.
Maybe it’s that they do see everything you’re doing, everything you’ve done for them…maybe it’s that they do recognize the small things, and they are capable of adding it up to the big gesture, to the I like you you’re afraid to say, but they don’t want to connect the dots.
Because maybe they’re not seeing it right; maybe you’re just a nice guy, and maybe this is just a friendship.
Maybe they’re scared and they need you to make the first move, even when you’ve already put yourself out there just to hint.

And that doesn’t occur to you, it won’t occur to you, because what you’ve done already is fucking terrifying, and isn’t it their turn?

Then they start- they start putting themselves out there in hints, and at first you’re excited…but then you get scared, and they get frustrated.
Are you the oblivious one, now?
Or are you not oblivious, just similarly scared?
Because you see the things they’re doing- they’re the same things you’re doing- and you’re capable of adding it up to the big gesture too, but you don’t.
And they don’t.
Because maybe they’re just a nice girl, maybe this is just afriendship, maybe you need them to make the first move even though they’ve put themselves out there already.

And you just keep dancing around each other, letting a little truth slip through here and there…and they let it tumble to the ground because they’re scared, and you let it tumble to the ground because you’re scared.

So you’re scared and they’re scared and you’ve started this so shouldn’t you finish it, you’ve started it so shouldn’t they finish it?

Maybe it’s better to be oblivious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be lovely; this is a(nother) new style for me, and I'd like to know how it's percieved.