Imperfect Tense

207 words.

There she was. Standing in the snow, her legs wrapped in black skinny jeans. Her toes safe in her black boots. Around her, there were deer. Her best friends, you could call them.

They were shy, just like her. She always thought that she wasn't good enough. She always thought that nobody liked her. Just like her best friends.

Because the deer were too shy to go over and meet her. And so she just spend the entire time with them. She told them stories. Stories she made up in her beautiful mind. Some were dramatic, others were horrific.

But they were never romantic. She didn't do romance.

It was such a shame. Such a beautiful young girl, alone in the woods. Alone with her deer, who never seemed to like her much. Such a beautiful young girl, alone, locked inside her own mind. In her own thoughts.

But she wasn't alone. She knew she wasn't alone.
Because I was there, watching her. Every single day.

She looked up at me, a perfect smile on her beautiful face. She waved at me, and I waved back, a silly smile on my own face.

She was perfectly happy, with her own thoughts, her best friends, and her lover.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really like this one.. What do you think?