Status: active

Let's Do What Lovers Do

Rainy days and introductions

The drums was pumping up the place as Natalia noticed that every time the bass sounded her body seemed to tremble. A small hand on her back caused her to begin to walk to the VIP area of the club that was so called Salsa! and the place seemed really interesting. There was a Dj playing the best beats in town or so they said and people were actually trying to dance salsa. Natalia didn't really know what to think since she didn't really dance salsa, except for her Zumba classes, but that wasn't salsa salsa. It was the basic step so it's not like she knew anything about the dance itself. Her coat was still on her since it was raining outside and it was chilly for that matter, besides she did not want to get sick.

The past few days had been such a blur for her, everything going fast and mushed together it seemed. After she had made the doughnuts for breakfast, they went to the London Eye, which was breathtaking for Natalia. Never before had she seen a city like that, ever. She met one of Cesc's team mates who goes by the name of Samir Nasri and his girlfriend Charlotte Reese who was just like Natalia. Except Charlotte was the English version of Natalia, which she was fine with. Natalia had been very quiet the past few days because well.. she does not have her medicine with her since it's finished and she needed to get a refill, and because when she was meeting people she was rather shy. Cesc seemed calm about it all but he was just trying to play it cool. He could tell that when they went to the London Eye, it had mesmerized her because of her silence. The only thing she could do was stare out to the world and see how beautiful London really was. Sunday Cesc had to play a match, but Natalia didn't mind staying at hims home with his dog. He knew that she wasn't into football much and didn't want to put that pressure on her that she had to go to every game. One day she would, just not that Sunday. It was a good thing that he had gone because when Natalia woke up her arm was twitching insanely fast. It had died down when he had come back, but it would slightly twitch here and there. Monday they went to the Buckingham Palace and tried to make one of the guards laugh. There was no success in that aspect seeing as all they did was crack up jokes and sound funny at times. It was a good time for them both though as they spent hours upon hours trying to make one of the guards laugh. Cesc had to go to training on Tuesday although it was only in the morning, during the afternoon Natalia did not feel like going out so they stayed in and watched movies. It was something that Natalia had not done in a while and it was nice to just lay around and be lazy for once. On Wednesday, Cesc had another game, but it was later that afternoon, seeing as Natalia did not want to go to this one either he let her stay home again but he made her promise that she would go out with him tonight with his friends to a club. She said yes and had to remember to thank Shakira seeing as she brought the skirt and blouse that she had gotten for her.

Cesc had called Natalia after his match to inform her that she was to be picked up by Charlotte since the players were just going to get ready at the locker rooms and then head over since by that time it would be around ten because they all took forever to get ready. Natalia said okay while she continued to play with Cloe. She wanted a dog like her because she was so cute and she was very well behaved. It was around eight when Natalia decided to get ready for this outing while her stomach was turning into knots because that meant that football players were going to be present. Which meant that these footballer will be with their girlfriends and wives.. which meant that she would be awkward because she did not have a footballer boyfriend nor was she a footballer's wife. Since when did this affect her? Gerard had taken her to a bunch of parties, but it was different since she knew everybody from when she was younger except for Cesc. Natalia did not understand why Gerard hid him from her for so long, but she didn't want to think about that right now. Natalia was looking at herself in the mirror trying to decide what to do with her hair, Cesc had only seen her with her hair up besides on Saturday morning when it was a big fluffy thing, but she didn't care. She decided to do some lose curls and put it half up. Something really basic because she wasn't an expert on anything.. even make-up. When she was usually at school, it was usually put up in a messy bun and she wouldn't even bother wearing make up because she had no one to impress. This time around it's different because she wanted to leave a mark on him. She has only known the guy for three months and she had this attraction towards him.. then again. It could be because he was a known footballer.. but it was something else. Footballer or not Francesc Fàbregas had something very intriguing about him and Natalia was determined to find out what this funny feeling inside was that he gave her every time. Putting on her Ipod and beginning to dance while she got ready a phone was heard. Natalia went over and picked it up, "halo?"
"Hey Natty." Gerard said on the other side.
"Hello Piqui!" She said chirpily as she began to curl her hair while watching each curl fall gracefully on her head.
"How are you?" He asked. Something about Piqué is that he was always watching out for her because not many people knew she was his cousin. He didn't really mention her to anybody that was all business and things. Only to his closest friends was she mentioned because he knew that they would treat her with respect.
"I'm good. I'm getting ready to go out to a club with Francesc and a bunch of his team mates." Natalia said a bit nervously.
"Natty you have nothing to be nervous about. Cesc will protect you. Besides, all his team mates are really nice." Gerard said as he chuckled.
Sometimes Natalia hated that he could read her like a book.
"Okay. Because words makes someone feel better the instant they are said. Haha. How are you? Are you with Shakira by the way?" She asked as she continued to curl her hair.. she never knew she had this much!
"Actually, she is not. She had to go do something for her charity Piez Descalzos, but I can give you her phone number if you want."
"That would be greatly appreciated. How was Barcelona this week? You guys win every game like always?" She giggled as she looked at herself and noticed that Cloe had come in and was sitting on the floor watching her do her hair.
"Of course. You know we're the best."
"Yeah yeah, yadda yadda yadda." Natalia joked with her cousin.
"You know it! So the vacation is going well no? What about your trembling? How is that going? Tia told me that you ran out of meds."
"It comes and goes, but today it's been really well. I haven't trembled at all. Sunday morning was terrible. I couldn't even pick up a freaking cup." Natalia explained. Good thing he was not able to see her as she looked at her arm in worry.
"Natty. I think you need to go to the medic or something.. what if it's gotten worse?"
"Piqui, don't do this to me today. Please? I want to go out and dance today.. please don't let me begin thinking that it could be worse..." She begged him.
"Sorry, we can worry about it when you come back. Ay. I have an interview, here is Shakira's number." He gave it to her as she wrote it on a toilet paper square with lipstick.. hey. It was the only thing that she had.
"I love you Piqui."
"I love you to Natty. Take care. Have fun!" He said and they both hung up the phone.

Natalia dialed the number that was given to her and it went straight to voicemail so she decided to leaver her a brief message. "Hey Shakira! It's Natalia and I was just calling to thank you again for the lovely outfit that you bought me because without it, I would not have known that I needed it tonight! We're going out to a club and it is perfect. I will send you a picture of it when I am finished putting everything on and getting ready. Thanks again! Can't wait to see you!"
She continued to curl her hair and began to speak to Cloe because she could not stand it anymore without talking to someone, "so Cloe. What do you think of Cesc and me?" Natalia asked herself more than the dog.. it had only been a couple of days that she and Cesc were together, but that didn't mean anything. Whenever she was with him she could just be.. free. Cloe barked which took Natalia out of her train of thought. The train crashed. She laughed at Cloe before putting her hair up in a half ponytail and curling those as well. She put some conditioner so they wouldn't mess up due to the weather. Not bad she thought as she began to put on a bit of foundation.. which was all she was going to do because she did not even know how to make herself look pretty without going to extremes. Her mama never really wore make-up, so Natalia didn't learn from anybody or anything. Once she brushed her eye brows she went over to her bag and took out the shirt and skirt that was bought for her. She stripped down to her underwear and then noticed that she did not bring a strapless bra.. oh well. Not that her boobs were big enough to need one, Natalia laughed as she put on the skirt and then the shirt. Taking out her only heels that she had, the red ones she put them on and then looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes went a little big seeing as how different she looked from her usual pair of jeans and t-shirts. It wasn't a bad look for her and she went over to the mirror and applied a bit of lipgloss and some perfume as well. Fixing her hair, she got her phone out, took a picture of herself with a peace sign and sent it to Shakira's cellphone, she hoped that she could receive pictures.

She looked at the lock and it was apparently nine thirty. Wow. Since when did it take so long to get ready for something that was only to be for a few hours? Cloe followed Natalia around as Natalia was looking for something to do while she waited. She brushed her teeth already and she noticed that she looked thinner than she did. The doorbell rang. She took a deep breath and went to get her coat seeing as it was raining again. "This stupid town and it's raining." Natalia muttered as she got her coat and put it on. Natalia opened the door and there was Charlotte smiling at her, "hello! You look so nice!" She said to Natalia.
Charlotte looked unbelievable. With a simple pair of jeans and a loose gray top with a necklace to top it off . Her face had a little bit of smoky eye shadow and dark red lipstick. Natalia envied her of how good she looked. She needed to try harder if people were going to begin to take her seriously.
"You look gorgeous!" She said through her Catalonian accent.
"We must be off now! We can't let the guys beat us!" Charlotte told Natalia as she followed her to her car.
"So, do you know why they take so long to get ready?" Natalia asked as she laughed.
"Because they are footballers, and footballers are a little metrosexual when it comes to going out and fixing themselves up properly." Charlotte replied while driving off.
"Charlotte, you are so wise!"
"Please. Call me Charlie. Charlotte makes me sound so grown up. I'm only twenty-one for goodness' sake!" She laughed.
"So am I! What do you study?" Natalia asked her.
Charlotte was going to photography school and Natalia began to see that Charlotte was not like the usual wife or girlfriend. She was just a normal non-glamorous person very much like Natalia. Charlotte did not like the spotlight either seeing as the papparazzi followed her almost everywhere that she went. "They're little buggers that papparazzi. Sometimes it's okay, but other times it is the most annoying thing in the world. Say when I'm having a bad day and they are right there.. oh my goodness I want to punch someone." Charlotte laughed.
"I can't say that that has happened to me.." Natalia responded while looking out the window.
"You are with Cesc no?" Charlotte asked.
"No.. we're not together.." Natalia softly smiled at the thought and blushed a little.
"Oh.. sorry. I should not have assumed.. it's just that every footballer I see with a girl about ninety percent of the time they are together. Sorry." Charlotte said.
"It's fine. To be honest I don't know what we are.. I know that we are friends right now..but maybe things will change?" She asked more to herself again.
"Maybe. I'm oblivious to things like that, so don't ask me for any advice..I don't even know how Samir is so interested in me," she said with a shrug as she continued to drive.
"I see the way that he looks at you. You are a very charming girl." Natalia said.
"Oh yeah? How does he look at me? Please. Enlighten me."
"Like if you were to break he'd be crushed." Natalia responded.
"Oh..anyway. I don't know why they chose a club so far away." She seemed to want to changed the subject rather quickly.
"Thanks for picking me up by the way. It's really nice of you." Natalia said. The rain was a light drizzle now.
"I was not about to let you fend for yourself here in London." Charlotte exclaimed.
"Well how chivalrous of you."
"That's me." Charlotte winked.

They continued to speak about random things and Natalia really began to like her because she was just so normal; so down to earth about everything and it was something that she had been missing for a while. Her arm started trembling kind of fast and Charlotte seemed to noticed, "what is wrong with your arm? Does it always twitch like that?"
"Most of the time no.. I have this thing called Parkinson's." Natalia told her.. and she did not know why she told her right off the bat, but it was too late to take the words back.
"I've heard of that, does it hurt?" Charlotte said as she finally saw their destination come into view.
"No. It's just annoying because sometimes my arm either shakes a lot and I can't pick anything up, or b, it's numb and I can't pick anything up. I mean I could, but I'd need the help of my other arm.. it's all very complicated really." Natalia explained.
Once Charlotte put the car in park, they both got out to an after rain puddles everywhere. Natalia got out of her car and shook her arm for it to stop because she did not need this today. Tonight, after all the time that she had spent by herself.. she did not need this. Her hair flowed on her back as the curls fell and bounced while she walked. Charlotte was in the lead as they came in front of the bouncer; while Charlotte winked at the bouncer and then he let them in. "We come to this club a lot actually.. too much. The drive always seemed shorter when someone else was driving I guess," Charlotte laughed.
The place was filled with people and salsa music blared out of the speakers. The lights were all different types of yellows, reds, and oranges as people salsaed the night away. "They are not here yet, but they should be here any minute now really. I'm glad we beat them." Charlotte laughed as she put her hand on Natalia's back to push her through the people to go to the VIP area.
Once Natalia and Charlotte made their way to the VIP section, Natalia noticed a bunch of women sitting around drinking out of their glasses and conversing. "The infamous wives and girlfriends. Don't worry..they don't bite." Charlotte said as she noticed Natalia's face.
They both went over to the other girls and sat down, Charlotte introducing Natalia to the five girls that sat in front of her. "Hello girls, this is Natalia, a friend of Cesc's." Charlotte clarified what she was to the wives and girlfriends so they didn't come up with conclusions.
"Natalia this is Bouchra, wife of Robin Van Persie, that is Fernanda, girlfriend of Carlos Vela. Rachel, girlfriend of Theo Walcott, Anna, wife of Thomas Vermaelen, and last but not least, Adriana, girlfriend of Alex Song." Charlotte said while each wife and girlfriend waved a hello to Natalia. They all smiled at her and began striking up conversation again. Natalia thought that maybe they weren't so bad. She smiled back at them and then excused herself to go to the bathroom since she was holding her arm so the girls would not see that she was disfunctional. While she excused herself to go to the bathroom she noticed that the music had gone from salsa to bachata. Once she arrived to the bathroom she let her arm go and noticed that it was barely shaking. She fist pumped the air feeling victorious and then felt her phone vibrate, "hola?" She said while a squeal could be heard on the other side of the phone.
"Natalia! You look so pretty! Cesc is gonna go gaga for you!" Shakira said.
"Aw. Thanks! I thought you'd like it." Natalia said as she looked at herself in the mirror, this time with flushed cheeks.
"You better tell me how it goes!"
"I will." Natalia giggled.
"I have to go, but again. You look so pretty!"
"Thanks and Bye!" Natalia said and then hung up the phone.

Natalia made her way out of the bathroom and back to the VIP area her eyes came back to the focus of the dark scenery in front of her. She saw that the footballers had arrived, but Cesc was not there. Instantly all of the footballers went up her and started introducing themselves as if on cue. "Hello, my name is Robin Van Persie," a tall man shook her hand and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek while she smiled at him.
"Hiya. Me llamo Carlos Vela!" He gave her a hug.
"Sup? I'm Theo Walcott." He gave her a nod and a shake.
"Yo. I am Thomas Vermaelen." He shook her hand formaly.
"And I am the infamous Alex Song!" He chuckled as he gave her a hug as well.
"Wait. I thought British people only showed affection towards horses and dogs?" Natalia laughed as they all smiled.
"Well. Things have changed Natalia." Robin spoke.
"I like the way you say my name.. it's so interesting." She laughed.
The footballers all smiled at her and then went back to their wives and girlfriends seeing as they were being called, "hello Natalia."
Natalia turned around to see who it was. "Hey Samir. How goes it?" She shot him a smile as he came up to her to rest his arms on the railing like she was doing. Natalia was just staring out into the sea of people trying to find Cesc, but he was nowhere to be seen. Did he even come? She began go wonder if he was going to show up at all.
"It goes pretty well. How about you?" He exclaimed while Natalia noticed that Charlotte had gone missing as well.
"It goes pretty well as well. How was the game today?" She asked him as she was still searching for the dark haired man that was suppose to be here with her.
"It was okay. We tied 1-1 so it wasn't as terrible as I thought it was going to be." Samir responded.
"Do you know where Cesc is? And Charlotte?"
"They're getting drinks for everybody."
"I didn't even order one.." Natalia said.
"Why do you still have your coat on? It's burning up in here.." Samir said as he noticed.
He demanded that she take her coat off so Natalia had nothing to do but to do as he wished. He helped her take it off and he went to put it somewhere else while the wives and girlfriends stared at her. She could feel their eyes burning at her back while they speculated every move that she made.
"You look really pretty." Samir smiled cheepishly, "magnifique."
"Aw thanks. I try, you know." Natalia said while shrugging.
Natalia felt a tap to her shoulder and she turned around and saw that it was Carlos, "care to dance?" It was some salsa song that she had never heard of, but she nodded. Exactly what she needed right now. She smiled as she began to feel the rhythm through her body. Once they reached the dance floor full of bodies everywhere, he put his hand on her waist and she put her hand on his shoulder while they held hands and he began to lead her.
"Shouldn't you be fancing with your girlfriend?" Natalia asked as he spun her, "she insisted I danced with you." Carlos replied.
"Oh. Well, thanks." Natalia replied.
"You look lovely, plus you dance well." Carlos winked at her.
"Yeah only because you are leading me." They both laughed.
They continued to chit chat about this and that until the song finished and when Natalia was about to head up to the VIP section, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and saw the pair of eyes that she had been waiting to see all day and most of the night. Cesc took her hand and twirled her around as if he was checking her out, "el bonic que et veus. De veras." Cesc said to her. A new song started and she knew this one, and it seemed like he did as well. He took her waist and they began to sway to the music. "Gràcies," Natalia blushed as the song Yo No Se Mañana by Luis Enrique began to play. Who knew a footballer could dance too? Natalia was led by Cesc as Cesc began to sing to her and she started singing along with him. It was the basic salsa step, but she did not care, all she cared about was the fact that she was here with him; at this moment.
"Yo no se si soy para ti, si seras para a mi." Natalia sang along with the chorus as Cesc spun her. "You don't look so bad Fábregas. Actually, you clean up pretty good." She stuck her tongue out as he gave her a smile.
"Why thank you Miss Pereira. I don't think there is a girl here that isn't envious of you." He whispered in her ear.
Natalia's mouth suddenly went dry and she lost her voice as they continued to dance. She looked at their hands that were intertwined and noticed how easy they fit together, "oh you are much too kind sir."
"I'm just being honest with you."
"Well thank you. I try."
"You don't have to.." Cesc replied.
Her eyes looked at his chocolate ones and she just stared at him as they played the staring game. He twirled her again as the bridge of the song came on, " Esta vida es igual que in libro cada pagina es un dia vivido!" Cesc sang as he spun them around. Natalia laughed as Cesc smiled, "do you believe in rules when it comes to love?"
That question was hard to answer, but Natalia stood up on her tippy toes and replied, " I believe that there are no boundaries.. and when it comes down to it, I believe that I am willing to do anything for that person to be happy.." a whisper in his ear that huskily caused him to get shivers down his spine.

Cesc watched Natalia walk away from him as he stood there in stunned silence. His mind was echoing what she had just told him,'I believe that there are no boundaries.. and when it comes down to it, I believe that I am willing to do anything for that person to be happy.' His eyes noticed that she was not shivering today which made him happy.. maybe she was done having whatever she was having. He went to the VIP area only to have Charlotte come up to him and say, "she's nice. Keep her around." She winked as her and Samir made their way to the dance floor.

I think I will. He smiled as he saw her looking at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. So honestly, I thought this part was going to be sad.. so I decided to split it into two parts so it will get sad because it's too much happy right now and something has to happen so it can get better. Don't kill me on the banner, I tried. Haha. I wish I knew photoshop and things, but hey. As long as you get the story right? :P Also. Thanks to Camila for being my beta and all you lovely people who even read this story because seriously. If it wasn't for you guys then I would not be writing it. K. I hope you enjoyed it. :)