Status: active

Let's Do What Lovers Do

Chapter 7 Graduation Party Part 2

What did Natalia end up doing to kill time? Help her mom in the kitchen with the food and her graduation cake. Natalia loved to spend time with her mom and she only guessed that she was going to be living here for so long. She needed to find a place to live. Preferably a house, but if she could only afford an apartment, then she would get one. Although she wasn't moving, not until she found a job. As Natalia helped her mama prepare her cake, she had a question to ask her.
"Mamá, do you think my condition is going to get worse?"
"What makes you think that?" Her mamá responded in her native tongue.
"I don't know.. I-I have a feeling." Natalia shrugged.
"There will be no talk of that tonight dear." Her mamá simply said.

Natalia only nodded and put the cake batter in the pan. Her mother put the pan in the oven and now all they had to do was wait. Luckily, Natalia had been helping her mom with most of the cooking so by the time they were done, it was around a quarter after three. Nobody had shown up yet, but Natalia was okay with that-- she had to freshen up.

The brunette made her way to the bathroom to redo her ponytail and wash her face. Turning the faucet on to was her hands as the doorbell ran. This party was about to get started.
"¡Llego la fiesta!" Pique's voice was heard throughout the house.
Natalia chuckled at her cousin. Once she finished refreshing herself, she stepped out to greet her guests. The blue-eyed Spaniard went into the kitchen to see if anybody was there. Her mamá, Gerard, Shakira and her father was there. More people had come in, her uncle, her aunt, some friends from school, who once they saw Gerard and Shakira, they were a bit starstruck.
"Hola todos, muchas gracias por venir." Natalia said smiling as she received hugs and kisses from her family. Her aunt and uncle were like her second parents, then again, Gerard's parents were always so kind. So nice to her. Her dad whisked away her aunt and uncle while Shakira and Gerard stayed in the kitchen. Some of her friends took pictures with them and then went to the backyard to get a drink.
"I brought my guitar...I have a present/surprise for you." Shakira said while smiling.
"My present is in the living room, where tia told me to put it." Gerard showed his pearly white teeth.
"You guys really shouldn't have, all I wanted was for you guys to be here." Natalia laughed.

Where was Francesc Fabregás? She could only guess, but he had sealed a promise behind his words. He would be there.
"Shaks, you look so beautiful." Natalia complimented.
Shakira was wearing a black dress with some black boots. Natalia didn't know how she made it look so beautiful, yet it was so simple what she was wearing, her hais was simply down and straightened. Natalia was envious that someone could look that pretty. Shakira's skin was gorgeous and she looked the same as when she was twenty-five or so. All these people with beautiful baby faces.
"Oh this? I just threw something together." Shakira winked. "What about you? That dress looks amazing on you. You're so cute!" Shakira gushed.
Natalia was tired of looking cute. She silently made a promise to herself that the next time Shakira would see her, she would look hot or sexy. Or both.
Natalia smiled sweetly as Gerard was talking to his tia, "paella is my favorite."
"Lo se." His tia replied.
Shakira and Natalia made their way out to the backyard where everyone was.
"Shots!" Natalia's dad said.
Well, here goes nothing...

***

He was late, and he knew he was. One of the reasons why he was is because he was figuring out what to get her. He couldn't just get something random. She wasn't random. She was different. It had to be the perfect thing; something that she wouldn't forget. As he had just hung up on her and couldn't really wait to see her, he decided to call the only person that he knew would help him.
"Piqué."
"'Ello Cescy dear," Gerard said in a British accent.
"I need your help." He chuckled.
"Yes?"
"¿Qué le compro a Natalia?"
"Hmmm. Yo le compre una maleta de viaje, y Shakira le compro un par de Ray-bans."
"¿Crees qué le gustaria ir a Ibiza?"
"Le encantaria. La ultima vez que salio fue cuando te visito en Londres y ademas ahi no estaba relajada. (She would love that. The last time she went out was when she visited you in London and even then she wasn't relaxed.)" Piqué responded.
"Vamos los cuatro. Tu, Shakira, Natalia y yo. ¿Qué pensas? (Let's go all four of us. You, Shakira, Natalia and I. What do you think?)"
"Sounds good. Ha de ser després de l'últim partit però. Estic segur Shaks poden prendre un descans per uns dies de la seva gira de concerts. (It has to be after the final game though. I'm sure Shaks can take a break for a few days from her concert tour.)"
"So yes? Mini vacation to Ibiza?"
"Yes. She will definitely like that..." Piqué chuckled, "speaking of Natalia. She's on the other line. I'll see you at the party hermano."
"Adios." Cesc hung up.

A trip to Ibiza with one of the most captivating and beautiful women he's ever met? Check. This time it would be sunny and hot...skin would be shown. The Spaniard quickly shook his head as he looked for hotels to book. They would be traveling by boat since Ibiza was an island off the coast of Spain. By car first and then boat. Cesc was in Barcelona for the weekend, mainly for Natalia's party. He was staying with his parents and sister. They had gone out shopping for some things and he had gone with them for a bit, but then realized that nothing had gotten his attention. Once his family came back they had asked him to help them put things up and around the house. The Arsenal captain forgot to check the time and when he did, it was four-thirty. Crap. Cesc went to look at his phone and saw that he had received three text messages, all from Gerard. All of them asking where he was.
He quickly dialed as he looked for his keys, "Vaig perdre la noció del temps. Estic en el meu camí. (I lost track of time. I'm on my way.)"
"He's fine...just got here." Piqué chuckled.

Cesc said goodbye to his family and stopped by the store to pick up a card for the graduate. He put on a cap as he got out of the car to go into the store. Briskly, he walked down the aisle to the cards section to see if he could find a suitable card. He spotted one and was soon on his way to Natalia's house.

***

Natalia was in the kitchen putting some plates away, taking a breather from the party since she had been drinking a few shots, she needed to cool down. Just as she was putting a plate away on the cabinet, she felt a pair of hands cover her eyes. Her blue orbs closed as she turned around to see who it was. Her own hands hovered over the mystery person's and realized that they were definitely a man's hands. She took them away from her face and opened her eyes to reveal a smiling Cesc. Her mouth turned into a bright smile of delight as she put her arms around him, while she felt his arms around her waist.
"Felicitats bonica nena. (congratulations beautiful girl.)" He whispered his native tongue against her ear.
Natalia shivered as she mumbled a thank you.
Was she so buzzed that she didn't even hear him come inside the house? She smelled his scent-- it was something mixed with old spice and soap and very intoxicating to her nostrils, but she wanted to smell him forever. The blush crept up in her cheeks as she looked at him smiling.
"I'm so happy you're here..." she murmured against his cheek.
"Me too bonica nena."
Natalia grabbed his wrist and took him out to the backyard where everybody was. Everybody smiled and waved to the pair as they stepped outside, while her friends immediately went up to him, "have fun," Natalia said as there was a sparkle in her eye that Cesc saw. The graduate went over to Shakira and Gerard as they were sitting in a circle and chatting about football amongst other things. Shakira turned to Natalia and they started speaking amongst themselves.
"Voy hacer un concierto como en dos semanas. (I'm doing a concert in about two weeks.)"
"¿Donde? (Where?)"
"Aqui en Barcelona, es para los ganadores de la copa. Quiero que vayas. (Here in Barcelona, it's for the winners of the cup. I want you to go.)"
"Of course!" Natalia shot her a smile.
"Si, you are important to me...well. Gerard is impotant to me, but it turns out you are muy linda, so you've become an important part of my life."
"You are important to me to." Natalia responded as she hugged the popstar.

Gerard was holding Shak's hand and drawing random circles with his thumb. He looked over at Natalia and said, "can you go to the Barça game on the twenty-eighth?"
"I don't know... I'm full of job interviews, that's in like two weeks from now...You know I can't plan ahead that far."
"Ah. Yes. I forget. Well, let me know, I can definitely get you some tickets and make you fly out there."
"You mean.. it's not here in Barça?"
"No."
"Damn." Natalia exclaimed, "I think I'll watch the game in the comfort of my own home.. with beer.. and food.. and.. yeah.. I'll see you in high definition though!" She giggled.
"Good enough for me.." Gerard said as he winked at her.
"Sorry Ger, you know how crucial it is to find a job, especially now with all this recession that's going on."
"Si. Entiendo. No worries." Gerard said as a silent smile was passed between the family members.

Cesc was about to say something, but Natalia's mother came up to them and said, "paella is ready."
"First in line!" Gerard announced and went into the kitchen with Shakira in tow.
Everybody had gone back in the house to get their dinner besides Natalia and Cesc. She stared all around her, consuming everything that was happening--her family being here, the happy smiling faces, she being a reason to celebrate. A reason to celebrate all her goals that she has recently achieved, a reason to throw a party. A hint of scarlett crept up her cheek as she felt Spain's number ten's lips on her cheek.
"¿Tienes hambre? (Are you hungry?)"
"Si. Vamos." She said and they both stood up.
This was the first time that she noticed what he was wearing: a simple t-shirt and some jeans with some sneakers. How was it possible that what he wore was so imple, but he made it look divine? They made their way inside and got their food. The music playing turned into some sort of reggae making her dream of the summer days to come. Apparently the paella was so good that it was silent throughout the crowd until she noticed that her father had raised his glass.
"To my Natalia. For achieving her goal of completing university and being able to graduate. For more goals to come and for being one of the most gentle, kind, humble and beautiful people I have ever known."

Natalia's eyes glazed a little as she heard her father's sweet words. People clinked their glasses together and said, "salud." Gerard looked over at his cousin and grinned. Today was such a happy day. It was such a happy day to celebrate; celebrate the end to something and the beginning of something else. Her mama left to go to the kitchen, and when she walked back out again, she had the cake in between her hands. Natalia smiled as her mother put it in front of her and dipped her finger in to taste it. Her mamá swatted her hand away but smiled anyway. "Lo siento. You know how much I love chocolate." Natalia smiled sheepishly. Her mother brought out plates and a knife so everybody could get a piece. It was a simple cake, but Natalia was a simple girl, so it really went well. Once all the guests had a little to eat for dessert, the international popstar spoke up.
"Bueno, creo que es hora de regalos no?" She asked.
"No! I mean... I usually open presents when everybody is gone.." Natalia said. She felt bad opening up things that people had brought her; she felt selfish because all of the attention was on her, and if anybody knew Natalia, they would know that she hates to be in the spotlight.
"Ay, ven Natalia. (come Natalia.)" The popstar says and she feels obligated to, so Natalia follows her into the living room with everybody in tow.
Shakira sits in a spot on the sofa, while picking up her guitar and strumming it to see if it is in tune. Natalia sensed that the singer had many talents, playing guitar being one of them. Natalia sits next to her, and she feels Gerard and Cesc squishing in next to her. There were four people in a three person couch, but Natalia didn't care. These were her people, her friends. She looked around and saw that everybody was having a good time. They were all still chit chatting and throwing lazy smiles around.
"Bueno. As you all know, Natalia has just graduated from University, and we are all gathered here for her special goal. I haven't known Natalia very long, like most of you have, but. There is no time when it comes to the friendships that mean to us the most. This song I'm gonna play for you, Natalia, is from my beloved country: Colombia. We, Colombians are very happy people, and we always have songs for everything. You are a beautiful person, and I hope we can continue to grow closer because let's face it--these footballers need girls like us in their lives. So. Without further ado, I dedicate this song to you, my Nata." She said.

All of Natalia's family members were silent as she spoke her words, and Natalia couldn't help but smile, she grabbed her cousin's hand as Shakira began to sing the lyrics to the wonderful song.

No importa el lugar
El sol es siempre igual
No importa si es recuerdo
O es algo que vendra

No importa cuanto hay
En tus bolsillos hoy
Sin nada hemos venido
Y nos iremos igual

Pero siempre estaran en mi
Esos buenos momentos
Que pasamos sin saber

No importa donde estas
Si vienes o si vas
La vida es un camino
Un camino para andar

Si hay algo que esconder
Si o hay algo que decir
Siempre sera un amigo
El primero en saber

Porque siempre estaran en mi
Esos buenos momentos
Que pasamos sin saber

Que un amigo es una luz
Brillando en la oscuridad
Siempre seras mi amigo
No importa nada mas

Porque siempre estaran en mi
Esos buenos momentos
Que pasamos sin saber

Que un amigo es una luz
Brillando en la oscuridad
Siempre seras mi amigo
No importa nada mas

Que un amigo es una luz
Brillando en la oscuridad
Siempre seras mi amigo
No importa nada mas


Could Shakira be any more perfect? The words were truly beautiful and Natalia clapped the loudest when she was finished singing her the song. All of her relatives and friends clapped as well, making Shakira say thank you over ten times.
"Thank you Shaks. That was beautiful.. I hope we get to be closer as well." Natalia squeaked.
"On to more presents!" Her mamá requested.
Natalia, grabbed a big box, or what felt like a blob that was wrapped in a metallic blue paper. She looked at it, and then guessed that it was from her cousin, "si. It is. Congratulations!"
Her fingers ripped the pretty paper up as she crumpled it up in a ball and dropped it on the floor. She gasped at the beautiful kipling travel bag that was on her lap, opening up the zippers and finding yet another present, "that one is from Shaks." Gerard explained.
"You really shouldn't have! Thank you so much!" Natalia said as she opened up her present. It was a pair of aviator Ray-bans.
"How did you know I wanted these?!" Natalia giggled at the pop star.
"Oh, a little birdie told me."
"Here, mi amor. This one is from papa and I." Her mother told her as she put a thin envelope on her hand.
Natalia could only look at it as she thought she knew what it was. Most envelopes of presents only come with one thing... carefully she slipped it open and gasped, "mamá...is this what I think it is?"
"Si, you're own place. We thought we could give you a head start." Papá responded her.
Natalia could only look at her beloved parents. Her parents that always supported her in everything, through the thick and the thin. Through the good and the bad, the ugly and the beautiful. She couldn't believe that they would do something like this though, she knows that they haven't had the best year in their hands economically wise. The blue-eyed Spaniard only looked at her parents as she couldn't say anything.
"You're welcome." Her father said. All the guests laughed and smiled at their family relative.
"Oh Dios. It's late, we have to go!" Her tia said as mostly everybody stood up and said their goodbyes.
"Thanks for coming!" Natalia said as she hugged each and every person that was leaving.
"Natalia, we have to go too.. Shaks has to fly out tomorrow for her concert tour deal." Gerard said as he hugged his cousin.
"That's too bad, but thank you for everything!" Natalia gushed as she hugged Shakira and Gerard very tightly.
"I'll see you in a couple of weeks!" Shakira said as she grabbed Gerard's hand.

"Ay, I'm tired Nata, we're going to bed.." Her mamá said as she nudged her husband. Her father nodded and soon Natalia was only with Cesc.
"You don't have to go?" Natalia asked her as she smiled at him.
"Nope. I'm all yours for a little while longer.." He said.
Natalia went over and before she could sit on the couch next to him, he grabbed her waist and made her sit on his lap, "thank you for coming." Natalia said as she felt his arms around her waist.
"Of course nena. I also have a present." He smiled sheepishly.
"I have a present for you too... for your birthday." Natalia said.
Cesc's birthday had been a week and a half ago, but due to her having final exams and him having a few games, they couldn't see each other.
"I told you I hate presents."
"I hate presents too..but I got you something anyway." Natalia said as she kissed his cheek.
"Well, I'll give you yours first then." The captain stuck his tongue out.
"Fine.." Natalia extended her hand out and Cesc put another envelope on her hand and she looked at it curiously. Her hands opened it and she gasped when she saw the inside of the card. There was one ticket to Ibiza. "Cesc, this is a ticket to Ibiza." She looked at him.
"Yes. I also have one, Shakira has one and Gerard have one. We're all going in a couple of weeks for a bit of a break." He smiled at the blue eyed beauty.
"Oh Dios, you really didn't have to do that!" Natalia giggled.
"Well, I didn't know what to get you, so I thought really hard, it had to be something that you wouldn't forget.." He softly kissed her temple.
"Okay, now it's your turn! It's in my room." Natalia said as she grabbed his hand and they went to her room and she went over to her desk. There was a box with a red ribbon on it. Once she grabbed it, she gave it to him and said, "feliz cumpleaños, capitan."

Cesc let go of her hand to open up the present and he smiled when he saw what it was. It was a necklace with the charm being a small platinum soccer ball. "This is...really thoughtful. I don't have anything quite like this." Cesc responded.
"Lo se. Gerard helped me of course, but you needed something special too. So... there you go." Natalia said.
Immediately, Cesc put it on and liked the way that it felt against his chest. He rarely noticed how close he was standing next to Natalia until he looked down at her eyes. Her sweet beautiful and loving eyes that he loved so much. Natalia could only stare at his liquid ambre as she got lost in them once again. Their faces were only inches apart as he bent down and pressed his lips against hers. She gasped at the intrusion, but welcomed it nonetheless, his lips were just as delicious as they looked everytime she glanced at them. It was a soft kiss as their lips collided with a soft sweet molding. Natalia had never experienced a kiss like this, especially since she was always so shy about everything when it came to relationships. Cesc's hand went up to her cheek as he did lazy circles with his thumb while the other one wrapped around her waist. Natalia was timid, so she put her hand on his chest while the other wrapped around Cesc's that was on her cheek. This was slowly becoming an addiction to Natalia and it was only their first kiss..

She pulled away with a heavy sigh as she tried to control her breathing, while Cesc looked at her and kissed her nose, "well that was just lovely." She giggled as he laughed.

Natalia nor Cesc, could wait for Ibiza.
♠ ♠ ♠
the song is called Amigos by Los Enanitos Verdes <3